Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

DrPain posted:

I'm not rich but I've got 10 bucks I can spare.

Thoughts on text?

Too late. :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Used Sunlight sales posted:

We're in Torcon 6 which as far as I know hasn't been issued before. I thought the scale only went to five. Don't worry, if a tornado comes this way I will get good pics.

TOR:CON goes all the way up to 10. :science:

Personally, I'm a fan of NOAA's Storm Prediction Center, they have a lot of fantastic info on there.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

I had 1.29 inches of rain at my house, and there was 2.16 at the ranch. I'l have to go ride the pasture as soon as the mud dries a bit and see if any got zapped by lightning this morning or last night.

How often does this actually happen?

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Hi, my name is Used Sunlight Sales and I'm an Alcoholic. It's been exactly eight years since my last drink. :toot:

I know I'm really late on this, but huge congrats!

My dad is coming up on 20 years. :toot:

My best has been 6 months :smith: I'm lucky to go 12 hours without a drink these days. As much as I hate AA's "higher power" bit, I'm probably going to go back this week - there's a mostly-LGBT AA group in Dallas that I used to attend. It's a pretty good drive (about 20 miles, different county), but I've gotten to where I think AA might help a bit. :sigh:

e: VVV I'd love to find that middle ground, but it seems like every time I try to find it, I wind up shitfaced for about a year. And :10bux: poorer from buying lovely avatars :haw: It really does seem like there's no real middle ground for some alcoholics, but I'm speaking mostly based on my own experiences (my own alcoholism + family + friends alcoholism).

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:29 on Jun 6, 2013

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

MrOnBicycle posted:

Speaking of your avatar, where is it from? It's so... disturbing and I can't stop looking.

The Amityville Horror

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Vindolanda posted:

Filtering and selling diesel is what the IRA have moved into, now they can't pretend not to be simply criminals. It's big business across the Irish border.

This. A friend went to Ireland several years ago to see family, and random checkpoints (including fuel inspections) were pretty much a regular thing for him, even in the middle of nowhere.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

UNT has a bunch of them (don't remember what make), with plates and inspection stickers. One passenger van, the rest were cargo vans or pickups. All of the roads on campus are 15-20 MPH (with the nearest gas station just off campus), so top speed wasn't an issue.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Yeah uh, if you plan to burn down Texas, at least drop me a PM first. Preferably with enough lead time to GTFO. :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Huh. I live in Plano myself. Small world.

• Locked thread