Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Starling, my blue, put her front paw on the front door of the cage while we're home one afternoon and I saw her open and close the door from the outside. Then, she got in the crate and put her paw up and did the same thing. You could see the little gears turning in her brain as she figured it out. The next day, she greeted me by the door after I left for an errand. A few days later, the red one joined her.

After giving up on crating, we lost a copy of Frankenstein and a pen and two small dog beds, but now they are good dogs who just listen to NPR.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ausrotten
Mar 9, 2016

STILL A HUGE FUCKIN DICK

SpankyG posted:

It is reassuring hearing that this behavior is not uncommon for her breed. I got her with a pretty good understanding of what to expect. This behavior just baffles me because it seems like she just gets really bitchy in seconds for no reason. It seems different from normal bitey play. My brother and I both wrestle with her sometimes, and she's got pretty good bite inhibition during play. She's also very good with stopping the wrestle-play on our terms, when we say "Stop."

She can be a total sweetheart when she's comfortable, and is insanely smart and athletic. If she's in the right mind set, she picks up new cues in minutes. She has some weird neuroses though. Opening windows sends her into full alert for some reason, where she'll start barking, and pulls your hand away from the window if she can reach. Trash cans are also her mortal enemy. ACD's are unlike any other dog I've taken care of. She's a pain in the rear end but I love the poo poo out of her.

We've worked with a few trainers and only one worked really well with her. Unfortunately, she moved to Texas :saddowns: . I contacted my vet, who recommended a behaviorist that we're going to follow-up with. Thanks for the input! I'll post back with progress. I've mostly creeped in this forum, but it's been a huge help.

Here's the lunatic in question (Her name is Arwen):

pup

hi

goofy roofer

finally content after hours and hours of beach fun

i want an acd so bad :smith:

• Locked thread