Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

sinky posted:

Finally, the 'Smoking is Really Cool' anime.

Supermarket got an adaptation?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Oh neat, that should definitely be one of those that get an extended episode 1 ala oshi no ko so they get to the volume 1 drop immediately.

The origin of its rather eclectic name just dropped in a recentish chapter and it rules lol.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Chas McGill posted:

Any new (last 5 years) horror or thriller manga with a more 'serious' feel to recommend? By serious I guess I mean something with less of a splatter/b-movie vibe - Manhole, Monster, and Homunculus are good examples of what I'm looking for.

https://mangadex.org/title/8325137c-32bf-464c-b716-b4c9b17c0002/natsume-arata-no-kekkon

natsume arata no kekkon has a little bit of gore but otherwise is an interesting thriller with a good concept

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Chas McGill posted:

Any new (last 5 years) horror or thriller manga with a more 'serious' feel to recommend? By serious I guess I mean something with less of a splatter/b-movie vibe - Manhole, Monster, and Homunculus are good examples of what I'm looking for.

I only finally got around to just starting it the other day, but “My Home Hero” starts out pretty freaking dark And is interesting so far. Hopefully others will comment in here though if it goes off the rails in a bad way, I hadn’t heard anything about it like that yet and I’m only about five chapters in.

Separately, a manhwa named “Bastard” about a teenager who is the son of a serial killer. It might be worth a look.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

That Works posted:

I only finally got around to just starting it the other day, but “My Home Hero” starts out pretty freaking dark And is interesting so far. Hopefully others will comment in here though if it goes off the rails in a bad way, I hadn’t heard anything about it like that yet and I’m only about five chapters in.

Separately, a manhwa named “Bastard” about a teenager who is the son of a serial killer. It might be worth a look.

I didnt finish reading my home hero but at the arc I stopped pretty far in it was still pretty good

pentyne posted:

I never checked but someone told me Goblin Slayer never returns to showing a bunch of graphic rape after the first chapter/episode. If true, then why the gently caress even start with that, and if not true, its a case where "show don't tell" is not to the benefit of the story only the titillation of the audience.

they lied, I'm pretty sure there's more after that

Dawgstar posted:

This generation needed its own Goblin Slayer.

I kid. It did not.

I just read a very hacky cyberpunk 2077 knockoff then noticed its by the goblin slayer author, dont bother

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?

That Works posted:

Supermarket got an adaptation?

I know this post is a joke but this would make me really happy to see. A good set of voice actors could have a lot of fun with it.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

unimportantguy posted:

I know this post is a joke but this would make me really happy to see. A good set of voice actors could have a lot of fun with it.

It was and yeah totally, would be a real feel good slow burn kinda deal.

Lock Knight
Oct 5, 2012

You're gonna carry that weight.
Cybernetic Crumb
The hardest part would be to find actresses for Yamada and Tayama. They are so different!

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

pentyne posted:

I never checked but someone told me Goblin Slayer never returns to showing a bunch of graphic rape after the first chapter/episode. If true, then why the gently caress even start with that, and if not true, its a case where "show don't tell" is not to the benefit of the story only the titillation of the audience.

I have it the ol three episode try and as far as I can tell Goblin Slayer graduates from gratuitous and graphic opening edgelord poo poo to being just extremely boring "super cool D&D story thing that totally happened copy paste" The kind of thing where someone puts a scroll of town portal at the bottom of the ocean to make a water cannon or something. Nothing of value was lost.

awkward_turtle
Oct 26, 2007
swimmer in a goon sea

Glagha posted:

I have it the ol three episode try and as far as I can tell Goblin Slayer graduates from gratuitous and graphic opening edgelord poo poo to being just extremely boring "super cool D&D story thing that totally happened copy paste" The kind of thing where someone puts a scroll of town portal at the bottom of the ocean to make a water cannon or something. Nothing of value was lost.

I read on a bit in a the manga since some of the dark or realistic fantasy elements tickeled my fancy, but, and I'm sure this will surprise you, it's Goblin rape fetish all the way down. Goblins raping people just never stops being a thing.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Someone should slay these goblins

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

I’d say the best thing Goblin Slayer ever did was inspire Peco to make this BoTW video showing of his skills

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_n52JJpwe8

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Chas McGill posted:

To add on to this one, SOIL by Kaneko Atsushi was quite trippy and interesting. His new series, EVOL has a bit of The Boys feel to it and I wanna see where it goes with it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
There's a new chapter of Mieruko-chan
The father + hell horse combo is still really strong in this meta. But I get the impression the horses days are numbered

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Brought To You By posted:

The father + hell horse combo is still really strong in this meta. But I get the impression the horses days are numbered

Oh no is the brother developing powers too?

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

nerdz posted:

To add on to this one, SOIL by Kaneko Atsushi was quite trippy and interesting. His new series, EVOL has a bit of The Boys feel to it and I wanna see where it goes with it.
SOIL was awesome. I didn't know about EVOL though, so thanks.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Brought To You By posted:

Michiru's guardian spirit(?) going from head octopus to cool and/or cursed fashion accessories is extremely powerful development.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

for anyone who has been waiting, someone has begun translating yokoyama's water margin manga. volume 3 was just released.

https://mangadex.org/title/d299f08c-725c-4500-b407-e64c472c2223/suikoden

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies

Ringo Roadagain posted:

for anyone who has been waiting, someone has begun translating yokoyama's water margin manga. volume 3 was just released.

https://mangadex.org/title/d299f08c-725c-4500-b407-e64c472c2223/suikoden

finally a reference point for the inexplicable chinese classical literature characters in giant robo

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Mister Olympus posted:

finally a reference point for the inexplicable chinese classical literature characters in giant robo

in this volume taiso and tetsugyu show up. last volume had go, issei, yoshi, kaei, koushin, and the gen brothers

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

That Works posted:

I felt like it only worked as a short manga, but it just keeps going. The show is outright bad.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I felt like it only worked as a short manga, but it just keeps going. The show is outright bad.

Good to know, thanks! I am not too far along still because its a bit of a heavy read and I only like to get 1-2 chapters in at a time. I'll see if I get tired of it as well.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
https://mangadex.org/title/ab30c57c-ce2e-4c3b-b2a4-fea7b2f02ca1/the-fable-the-second-contact

The end of part 2 got translated. Sad no more fable T_T

Edit: Apparently there's going to be a third contact !!

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 16, 2024

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

good ending. love the mangaka’s macho boomer rants. strange development with the suicide frequency which left things a little too clean but otherwise very satisfying. all the best characters survived, hell yea. the sequel was shorter and as such had fewer slice-of-life/laid-back moments but I’m looking forward to the third contract (and hoping that everyone but akira and youko stay out of it)

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I feel like the poison guy was his self insert on the rants

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

panko posted:

good ending. love the mangaka’s macho boomer rants.

hey now he's gen x. jealous of these people getting 5 vaccines i've been stuck in 3 since 2022 lol

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
bet you boeing has access to that suicide wave emitter

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3hyRR3_q1E

This looked...promising? Please don't gently caress this up Engi that's all I'm asking, my enthusiasm is...or was buried in the loving and is only just now crawling out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
a new heavenly delusion!

everything is miserable!!!

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

The Worst Doctor

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you need specific medicine to treat tetanus. otherwise, it's either going to kill someone or not and there's not much a doctor can do about it.

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

The Worst Doctor

looks like she was probably already dead by the time he got her to the second doctor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

you need specific medicine to treat tetanus. otherwise, it's either going to kill someone or not and there's not much a doctor can do about it.

He didn't seem to even know it was Tetanus, and I think there are still things you can do to help manage the symptoms, like the muscle spasms.

Edit: looking at it again, and just noticed the tag given by the first doctor just indicates she's going to die and to just give pain medication until then. The second panel with him is maybe him explaining this and being tuned out. The second just seems to not even examine her.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 26, 2024