Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Oh hey, remember that Shaft anime from 3 years ago called Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru? The manga releases were modestly popular, but the last one was in June 2011. Well, a whole shitload of new ones were just posted.

Oh cool, I wonder if the scanlators stopped because jmanga picked it up, in any case it's awesome to see more of it.

a kitten fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Sep 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh wow, I just finished a re-read of YKK and was wondering what else he had been up to. Thanks!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

More Kotonoba Drive.

This series might be better at home in the surreal/absurd daily life thread.

Does every chapter have coffee in it? :3::coffee:

That emoticon combo could also apply to YKK I suppose.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Puukko naamassa posted:

Another chapter of Kakukaku Shikajika

Sensei is the best. :allears:

That's josei and goes in the shoujo/romance thread.:colbert: where I just posted pretty much the same thing

Not that it actually matters to me, because everyone should read it.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yotsudad, er Yousuke looks a little different as well.

Maybe it's just the amazing bed head tho.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Annointed posted:

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but since the old Teppu thread is a year old I fugured this is the best place. Teppu is going to end in two chapters after years of delays, partially due to the author's poor health. Chances are it's probably not going to resolve alot of the plot threads, but at least it'll end instead of being HiatusXHiatus.

An ending is good.

It ending still makes me sad.
Definitely sucks to hear that his health hasn't been improving enough to keep creating. :(

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Motherfuckin denial decks. :argh:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

The thread is in the archives, but get hype for Teppu chapter 30

http://bato.to/read/_/332984/teppu_ch30_by_waterflame-scanlations

So Natsuki, is it good?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Crosspostin'

Punpun licensed by Viz. Coming 2016
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-07-24/viz-media-licenses-inio-asano-goodnight-pun-pun-manga/.90859

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Leper Residue posted:

New Teppu : http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Teppu

We finally get some fighting going on.

also this

I'm gonna miss this one when it ends. :(

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

I don't think he liked the manga.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Uh the original manga is great and better, or at least tied with SaC.

The major is more fully covered in it than in SaC, if that's a thing.

The sequel manga he wrote is trash.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Nate RFB posted:

Four new Soredemo chapters just dropped, I think this manga more than others I'll never be able to truly tell but I wonder if it's trying to wrap things up a bit?

Yep.

(I think)

https://twitter.com/ykours/status/791845915061432320

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

oh my god

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Mentat Radnor posted:

A new chapter of Dead Dead Demon's is up, and things continue to look grim. :ohdear:

But also, lol.

I'll probably also wait til it's done, but what the heck are those girls up to now??

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Ghost in the Shell is seinen right? Anyway, i just got the new hardcover English edition and it is super nice, no longer flipped and on good paper too. It is also missing the weird virtual sex scene and is back to the version where the Major and her friends are just on drugs and on a VR boat instead. Which, to be honest i'm totally fine with.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

DisDisDis posted:

It's hosed up that they'd erase the Major's bisexuality like this, but I guess that's publishing in Trump's America.

How do they do it anyway, is it like [redrawn panel of the girls chastely sunbathing] one of them: "isn't it cool, to be high on drugs" [cut to the panel of Batou looking sick to his stomach] "Major, these are some unpleasant drugs"

The tamer version is the version i'm most familiar with since the Dark Horse version i picked up back in '96(or so) used it. AFAIK Shiro did the re-draw himself.

Here's a comparison of the pages :nws: :nws: https://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/12/25/special-editioned-digital-ghost-shell-not-uncensored-original-version-nsfw/

Even with that, myself and everyone i knew that read it back then totally thought she was bi anyway tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Yes.

Next question.