Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Looks like the powers that be got to the Liar game writer too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Huh. So that's how Shamo ended.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

New Boku dake ga Inai Machi AKA The Town Where Only I Am Missing

Finally, after 30 chapters, you get to say "I knew it all along."

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

trucutru posted:

He's transitioned from (soft)hentai manga artist, to fanservice mystery/thriller stories, into non-fanservice stuff.

His stories tend to have a good premise or a good mystery but he has trouble tying everything up and sometimes the twist at the end is really really underwhelming. If you can endure seeing a woman contort herself to show some T&A while being chased by murderers then go ahead and read his previous works.

Pretty much this. I liked Cradle of Monsters though. One of the villains there was just fantastic as was sword guy. Glad he's moved away from so much T&A though.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Looking at Dorohedoro, has this all been part of the head devil's plan to wipe out all the human devils?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I've been reading A Trail of Blood and I was surprised at how normal everything was despite the title. Then the main character's mom pushed his cousin down a cliff for no reason. Or maybe it was a hallucination and it was just an accident? Needless to say...I guess it's become interesting?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ytlaya posted:

I'm reading this manga "A Trail of Blood" by Shuzo Oshimi and as far as I can tell the plot seems to be "this kid has a really unsettling mother."

edit: And also cousin, sorta? For some reason this comic reminds me of the time when I was 12 and visited my mom's cousin in Boston, who introduced me to these random older teens who lived nearby who lead me around town and smoked cigarettes that they pulled out of garbage cans (and tried to get me to smoke them as well). I remember feeling very uncomfortable with the situation.

edit2: Whoa, his mom just pushed his cousin off a cliff, I knew the other shoe was gonna drop at some point.

It all feels super weird and unsettling because the mom isn't doing anything too weird and yet there is a tension. It's remarkably uncomfortable to read.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ytlaya posted:

I feel so bad for the kid in that. Like, since he's still a kid and it's his mom he doesn't really have any reasonable recourse. I'm going to be quite surprised if his love interest doesn't get murdered or something.

I'm kinda wondering where the story can go, though. Like, we get that his mom is creepy, but it's not clear where things can go other than continuing to show his mom being all crazy.

Maybe it's the kid that's crazy!

My feeling is that he won't say anything at all...then we'll have a time skip.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Well, there was a new release of a Trail of Blood and...I don't really know what to say about it. Still very engrossing though.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Oh, a new Trail of Blood. I wonder what this chapter will be like-

Oh. That was...something.

Alright, I think I can safely put my silly theory about our main character hallucinating certain things.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Punkin Spunkin posted:

A Trail of Blood is super weirdin me out

I guess all the babying has caused him to...devolve? Or maybe he's being poisoned.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Mikl posted:

I've been reading Love Buzz by Takako Shimura. It's about a female wrestler who comes back from a sabbatical, bringing along her young daughter, and from there about the interpersonal relationships between the members of wrestler troupe and some people outside of it.

It's nice and fun.

Thanks for this. I remember reading this a while ago but I could not remember the name of it.

I am so glad to have found it again.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Blockhouse posted:

Cross posting but the next Mujirushi chapter is out

http://readms.net/r/mujirushi/02/4729/1

I don't want to stun anyone but Iyami might be totally full of poo poo

That kid is sharp.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Silver2195 posted:

New Bungou Stray Dogs: https://imgur.com/a/DSPP3

Basically the "I'm not Aizen, you are!" meme.

I uh... Well that's certainly dedication to cut yourself in half.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

In the newest Dorohedoro Kaiman's smoke magic is revealed and it is better than I could possibly imagine.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Silver2195 posted:

New Bungou Stray Dogs is up.

The characters' uncertainty about Kunikida's fate makes me think he's still alive. It will be bullshit if he isn't at least seriously injured, but Akiko can fix that, probably.

Speaking of Akiko, I wonder if she'll end up curing Mitchell's coma and/or Akutagawa's cough of death.

I don't think Kunikida or his hunting dog target died there. Any ideas how they're communicating outside the prison?

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

A nice little bonus chapter of Bungou Stray Dogs with a surprise return!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Dorohedoro keeps on moving to its end with some truly tragic events this chapter.

Rest in peace Gyoza wand. Our time was short but...it truly was fun.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

LibrarianCroaker posted:

Nidome no Yuusha and gently caress you for reminding me it exists.

(I wouldn't bet on the no rape, it definitely has slavery)

I remember reading the first chapter of this and it is just incredibly uncomfortable. Now I really wish that I had not remembered this.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

New chapter of Dorohedoro.

It astounds me how Dorohedoro manages maintain it's hilarious grossness. Case in point, Kaiman and Hole having a sludge sucking contest.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Chapter 67 of Bungou Stray Dogs in which we meet the fifth Hunting Dogs member.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

It's been a long journey but Dorohedoro finally ends.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

A new chapter of Shuumatsu no Valkyrie

Finally, we learn what peak performance looks like.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Zerilan posted:

Hoping this one at least leads into a double-KO, but looks like the fights are kind of already getting into a pattern of "human looks to have an edge, God uses 'that move' that other gods have not seen in eons"

At least Lu Bu got to bring out a new move for that last charge. Thor just did his same move over again.

Jose posted:

Humans could lose every fight that would be funny

We can at least beat Beelzebub!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

DoubleDonut posted:

it runs in a seinen magazine

If the tag says seinen good enough for me.

Sharkopath posted:

Don't make me bring out the ultraviolent shoujo horror again, I'm warning you!!

It breaks my heart that only shoujo and Junji Ito seem to make horror anthology manga now.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Sharkopath posted:

https://mangadex.org/title/11307/13-peoples-short-suspense-and-horror

This is just an anthology of artists who were big in the shoujo horror scene in the 90s, some are hella hella gruesome.

Sullivan’s Syndrome was my favorite. That was one of the less gory ones though.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Shuumatsu no Valkyrie chapter 12.

Since it's a manga we all knew Lu Bu was going to lose but I'm real sad about watching our dad get smacked.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Mindblast posted:

Looking forward to see just how hardcore Valkerie-tan is going to lose her poo poo.

Let's take a look and find out. Eating lovely pies is how.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Ytlaya posted:

So I'm catching up with the disturbing series Trail of Blood, and lmao this page: https://readms.net/r/a_trail_of_blood/46/5727/17

I legitimately have no idea where the gently caress this story is going. This kid is just basically screwed by his circumstances.

My guess?

Shigeru will not remember what happened exactly but the mom will still want to end him. Man, this was not the direction I was expecting this to go when I started it.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Apr 22, 2019

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I am ready to embrace yamato damashii.

Also drat Zeus, you did not age well in comparison.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

That would have been a hilarious development. Alas.

Interesting that Zeus' ultimate mode is named after the traitor.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Brought To You By posted:

Being able to suss out your opponents fighting capability through mental reconstructions of their supposed combat style because of how they walk is bullshit...the best kind of bullshit. Looks like best old swordsman made Poseidon lose his godly demeanor as expected.

You say lose but I think he's just staying true to his little brother.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

PringleCreamEgg posted:

New Shuumatsu no Valkyrie, continuing its trend of being the best.

I hope Poseidon crushes him with an oar.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Godsdamn I love this series

AND THERES STILL A POSSIBLE 10 MORE BOUTS TO GO OHHHH YES

code:
Qin Shi Huang 

King Leonidas 

Nikola Tesla 

Raiden Tameemon 

Grigori Rasputin 

Okita Souji 

Michel Nostradamus 

Simo Hayha 

Sakata Kintoki 
A reminder of whos left to fight on the human side.

I feel confident in saying Qin Shi Huang is going to lose.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Surprisingly subdued depiction of Jack the Ripper.

Kind of funny to see the smug leave Loki and Hermes' faces

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Supersonic Shine posted:

I just binged through Shuumatsu no Valkyrie, which was like watching three final boss fights in a row. Amazing stuff. My guess as to the end of the current bout: Hercules will realize he wants humanity to survive right before Jack sticks the last nail in his coffin.

Hercules said that he's opposed to ending humanity and will petition the gods to save humanity if he wins.

I suppose this brings up the obvious point that Brynhild is more about wrecking the gods than saving humanity. Good luck Geir!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Serge Painsbourg posted:

A Shuumatsu no Valkyrie omake:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/734977

It should be Junichiro Koizumi

And now chapter 22 is out (low quality)

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Hella mean of you to make me like a manga whose last chapter was translated 6 months ago.

Also, more Shuumatsu no Valkyrie. The conclusion of the flashback.

It seems clear that Hercules' death will be the end of any possibility of peace between gods and humans. Given that, it feels safe to say that Brynhild, while helping humanity is not an actual ally to humanity.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Oct 28, 2019

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Serge Painsbourg posted:

New Shuumatsu, heroes and evildoers.

That's a pretty creative use for the mythology there.

Oh, hey Bill. Didn't notice you there.

Aww...Hercules' mortal friends still believe in him. I'm increasingly certain Hercules is going to lose though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

He probably did it with some doctor magic.