Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I fully enjoyed Yakitate Japan up through the end of the Monaco Arc and still consider that portion of the show to be one of my favorites. It was interesting, and it had a lot of heart. Everything past that I can take or leave, and I never bothered reading the manga past then as I heard Kawachi got further relegated to joke status and things just got completely out of hand with bread people and the reactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Ryuujin posted:

I felt Yakitake Japan was good up until somewhere in the Monacco Cup, I think even up through the final matches before the main character's time travel bread that changed history. That final match though, and pretty much everything that came after it, totally ruined the series for me.
Maybe it's because I was young or because I love happy endings, but despite its utter absurdity I loved the way Pierrot's story arc ended. Past that though I do agree. I tried to like it, but there were too many stupid battles and reactions like the Panda transformation and the long LotR parody killed the pace of the show and it ended badly. I heard the manga wasn't any better so I left it alone, though I heard enough things to confirm that as a good idea.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I started reading Bambino and enjoyed it, but haven't gone back to read more of it yet due to time. Out of curiosity, did anyone watch the J-Drama they made of it, and if so, how does it compare?