Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
gintama is kind of like futurama, in that the setting is designed so as to be able to make jokes about the widest number of subjects. gintama has samurai jokes, it has modern pop culture jokes, it has sci-fi jokes, and boy howdy does it ever have shinsengumi jokes. the shinsengumi were never particularly impressive in life, but they have become beloved, near-mythical historical figures in japan. gintama really, really likes taking the piss out of that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the first fight made it seem as though humans are innately weaker and more fragile than gods. but then every fight that followed essentially abandoned that premise. so, lu bu was just a chump.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
basically, everyone except the japanese swordsmen seem interesting.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

nerdz posted:

franken fran usually goes in the surreal manga thread I think, but the new series is good

it's a comedy about body horror.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
how can someone read prison school and not see it for the labor of love it is?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
hot drat, it's such a good day. someone put the final 15 chapters of birdmen up on mangadex! i'm not sure where the rest of the manga is now that it's gone from jaiminisbox, but i'm sure some scraper site grabbed it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think the main conflict was defused by the mutants and the rogue eves. they directed the disgust and hatred for aberrations toward themselves and eden, and then provided a threat that the birdmen were necessary to resolve. so, once that was done all that was left was for the birdmen to come together and negotiate forcefully. this was interesting because the eves were presented as being an ominous looming threat, but they really weren't. they were on the side of the birdmen all along and because they got their hands dirty the birdmen didn't have to.

so the moral of the story is, terrorism and especially global bioterrorism work.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he'd request it, they'd say no, herc shrugs and goes on with his eternal life

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's still a fetish manga, except the fetish is femdom instead of literal slavery. so, kind of skeevy but not outright grotesque like the slave harem poo poo.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
who cares about those nerds from good omen when there are stylish garbage lesbians?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think they are just boobs

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also, she makes a much better subject for a volume cover.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't have any idea what is going on in ragna crimson now.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it reminds me a lot of 24.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's fun but also ridiculous that everyone this guy meets simply shuts up and listens to his incredibly frequent and lengthy monologues.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
lmao at muscle bancho newton

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i check in on it every so often. it's moved past the modern day arc and is now in a dystopian future based on social credit.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't remember, is nata a character who appeared before? there are a lot of fuckin' characters in this story.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well. ain't that hosed up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
despite winning, he's basically out now. hanzo uses a spear, which he can't really do with one hand. some of the contestants are bullshit enough to not be fazed by that sort of thing, but hanzo's just some guy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out how bad ubel blatt is. it's not like it was ever subtle!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
you need specific medicine to treat tetanus. otherwise, it's either going to kill someone or not and there's not much a doctor can do about it.