Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Yeah, I remember trying to pick that up early on before it had many chapters and it was really weird because I'd just started Destroy and Revolution (which was still decent at the time).
I think Narutaru is a manga definitely worth reading. Bokurano too to some degree though it's like, super dreary and depressing. Too bad this guy's new stuff doesn't look very good.

Bokurano is pretty much an adaptation of Shirley Jackson's The Lottery as a mecha anime, yes. I saw the first few episodes of Narutaru but don't remember anything about them except a feeling of unease and dread. "Uninstall" is a great song, though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

Battler, the literal stupidest man on earth. Why are you even here, Battler, why did you come back to this place so you could fuck literally everything up?

Looper posted:

Also it's not a fightmanga but Grand Blue is a nice dumb read about male bonding

You know, I want to thank you for turning me on to this, because this one is hilarious; idiots being terrible at each other and the world at large can be some of my favorite comedy ever, and this has delivered every chapter so far. The setting of college rather than high school already provides a lot of opportunities other manga of this type don't have the ability to do (I'd call it a great frat story, but all the characters introduced thus far are too likable to be in a fraternity, also there are no rapes*) and I admire how influenced by the classics the author seems to be; language and subject matter aside, several sequences could have come from the frigging Three Stooges in terms of flow. Also, the undersea sections are pretty gorgeous.

*Caveat, though: the toxic drinking culture of Japan is on full display, so mind that.

resurgam40
Jul 22, 2007

I am the happiest of boys today :allears: