Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Autonomous Monster posted:

Is anyone else reading Yuureitou?

It's a period murder mystery (...in a sense), set in 1950s Japan. In 1952, an old woman was murdered, somewhat unusually, by the means of a clock tower; she was tied across the limbs of the clock face and eventually crushed to death when it struck midnight. The police suspect the woman's daughter, but when she goes missing the investigation grinds to a halt. Two years later, a feckless, unemployed mystery buff by the name of Amano Taichi and an odd man known only as Tetsuo team up to solve the case; not so much because they care about who did it or why, but because they want to get their hands on the treasure reputed to be hidden inside the clock tower.

It's a pretty great character piece and mystery story.

The problem I'm having with it, at the minute, is that it seems to be somewhat... unfocused. We've bounced from murder mystery to thriller to ethical calculus to transsexualism and body dysmorphia and... it's all good, all the little pieces, but I'm having trouble seeing how it's supposed to cohere. I have no idea what the story's trying to do or where it wants to go, and the original plot keeps getting further and further away.

Help?

I knew I recognized the style; his other series is one I also find really interesting: Team Medical Dragon.

It's a lot like the manga version of House, great stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Suben posted:

As far as doctor manga go there's also Jin which is about a modern day doctor getting transported back into the Bakumatsu becoming a doctor there but with his knowledge of modern medicine.

I love this series, I just wish someone would pick it up again. Apparently the series is completed at 20 volumes, but only 5 have been translated and the last one was around July. :(

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Fun Shoe

Sindai posted:

You're already debt.

Fist of the North Banker: Debt Is Certain.