Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Yeah, expecting Toride to be a a subtle cerebral horror manga is not even remotely close to being accurate. It is basically zombie action movie with all the cliches thereof dialed up to 11. The only thing missing is fanservice, since the only female character introduced so far is obviously a villain and probably won't survive the arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I'm pretty sure it is the former. The impression I got was it was some sort of uncontrollable pyrokinesis that manifests periodically.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I kinda want to know where mangabox gets it's stuff, because somehow they seem to cherry pick the shittiest manga I've ever seen in get translated into English.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Illegal Rare I think.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Fellis posted:

Dang this is a great premise. I hope the pace keeps up. Anyone know if the translation is current or are there a bunch of raws to work through?

Mangaupdates says its only one volume long.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I believe so, yeah.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Its translation has been sporadic as hell for a while now I think.

Edit: Hasn't had a new chapter since August 2013 apparently, drat. I could have sworn I saw a new chapter more recently than that.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Turin Turambar posted:

How is "Is Reiroukan Still Alive"?

short but fairly enjoyable. and very pretty

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
they just started i guess, and they're kind of stilted.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
an accurate portrayal of accountants

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Sharkopath posted:

If it doesn't solve the problem you haven't killed enough people yet.

that's my motto

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
bakaupdates claims its ongoing at 18 volumes.

the group doing it has always been a bit uneven. go a few months with nothing, then they'll upload basically a whole volume over a week.