Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

NovaPolice posted:

Waiting for the moe-est manga of all, where the cutesy, clumsy, spacey girl actually has an IQ below 70 and cannot function without caretakers or a 4 panel comic format to guide her life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
Even Tom Clancy's terrible American military wank fiction will usually have the barest fig leaf in the form of an international team. They'll be lead by Americans and all the main heroes will be American, but still there's at least a nod towards the rest of the world.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Mikl posted:

New Hero Union BBS.

:darksouls:

(If you're not reading this, you should.)

They should have bought less armor and more 10 foot poles.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

I am not sure what genre thread it would belong in, but a new chapter of The Knight of Flowers, Dakini dropped. I really love the design of the Anomalocaris beetle, and totally agree with the author(who has some great author's notes at the end of the chapter) that the Anomalocaris is one of the coolest extinct animals.

Ohh hey, same person that did Pandemonium - Wizard Village which is also a pretty great short manga series.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Chas McGill posted:

Man I wish Jin updated more frequently.

Too many time travel stories are overly concerned about "changing the timeline" or similar rot. But history is a loving charnel house! Jin is the best because he briefly thinks about the ramifications and then goes "Nope! I'd rather save millions of lives!"

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the thing is, it's actually worse than most bad anime, because there's actually stuff to like about Goblin Slayer. the idea of "low-level" creatures actually being a threat to regular people is not a terrible one for a fantasy story.

It breaks down into stupidity if people keep treating them as a low-level threat while they're killing half the newbies and constantly kidnapping people. A good point someone else made in the gassed thread was that we drove the European Wolf to near extinction for eating the occasional sheep.

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008

Mulva posted:

It's real real good. Everyone should always read You Will Hear the Voice of the Dead.

I'm like 30 chapters in and it's gotten to the point that I can't take any of it seriously. Seventy thousand people were just killed by a cursed manga. The MC has had like a dozen relatives and childhood friends die supernaturally. He's been involved with numerous highly public incidents with huge body counts attached. I'm not saying I'm not enjoying it, but now it's more like a really weird gag manga where ghosts make people's heads explode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
My cousin is visiting for a bit!

Ohh, she's become obsessed with a run down amusement park and died falling from the top of a Ferris wheel that no longer exists.

Let's go on vacation!

Ohh, the vacation house has a necromancer in it and my mom looks like his dead wife and he's gonna try to steal her body.

Let's go visit some family friends!

Ohh, they live in a murder house and get possessed and kill themselves.