Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Been reading something completely outside of my regular interests. A manga about a girl with Aspergers living together with her favorite manga author. It's very tastefully done and with respect to the subject matter and I recommend it (At least, it didn't set off any big red flags for me, an average person).

https://mangadex.org/title/38175/asuperu-kanojo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Latest chapter of Hiroya Oku's Gigant dropped and aside that I'm just reading this boring poo poo out of habit, goddamn Oku is just being lazy as hell with everything. From him just using filtered digital photos to drawing the main characters of his story.

It feels like he's just trying to figure out how much laziness he can get away with.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

MonsieurChoc posted:

It's been stated that there's a different Jack for every Class, based on different interpretation of the legend. One of the spinoff has Berserker Jack.

Assassin Jack is the one you posted and I hate her dersign so much.

I like the idea of both Assassin and Berserker Jack, but wish they used another design for Assassin Jack.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Subaru always struck me as the kind of teacher who wants her students to give their best, but feels the way to achieve it is to push them past their comfort zones with hard work. Maybe I just need to re-read it again since I kinda blazed through the latest chapters, but I felt that she was pushing Neon to be the best in her own (pretty merciless, given) way and when things reach a critical point, she does back off a little. She takes Neon to the doctor, cancels practice and tells her repeatedly to rest when she realizes how overworked she is.

Though she is way too competitive, I can't really hate her.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Hagiwara is posting art of Bastard characters drawn in his new style and is breaking my heart, cause that series is never ever continuing.

https://twitter.com/v007hag/status/1363406773613334533

https://twitter.com/v007hag/status/1362632226626703363/photo/4

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Pierson posted:

I know of Bastard! but I'm not super familiar with it. It's dark fantasy but more in the vein of Heavy Metal or Slaine than Berserk right?

Kind of yeah. Its those, old school Dungeons & Dragons campaigns, an extreme love of heavy metal (everything is named after either metal or hard rock bands/song names. Spells like Helloween or Explosive Wall Of Guns & Roses and people named Yngwie Von Malmsteen and Lars Ul Metallicana), pure male power fantasy and an extreme amount of horny all tossed into a blender and served up as a manga.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
The only tourney I care about is the one happening in Hagure Idol Jigokuhen. Cause boobs

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

LatwPIAT posted:

Ten episodes into Canaan. This show is really leaning into the Psycho Lesbian canard, huh? Oh 00s anime, you were a thing. Overall the show is also just kind of... weird. Stuff's happening but I don't care that much about the characters, who are extremely shallow, and the conflicts that are set up feel really contrived and at times contradicting the show's own internal logic.

Also, another request for recommendations: I've sort of been on a "teen soldiers trained in rigid and horrible environments"-kick lately. I gotta get my monthly dose of YA dystopias somehow. Does anyone have any manga recommendations in this field?

Thou Shalt Not Die is a Yoko Taro manga about teenage students with super powers used as soldiers. Since its a Yoko Taro story, you can probably guess how that goes.

Also its about child soldiers so I'm not sure if its your kind of thing, but Marginal Operation deals with a guy accidentally joining a PMC and getting assigned a squad of child soldiers to fight with. The setting is fairly realistic and can be kinda harsh, but its been a while since I read it.. Seemed okay.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

HenryEx posted:

Cannibalism and genocide?

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
I prefer Tenkaichi myself... for reasons.

Though that's more of a Shuumatsu no Valkyrie ripoff, except with Japanese historical figures.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

IShallRiseAgain posted:

He has a bit of a case of moobs instead of abs.

Uhm... :ssh: She's a girl

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Popular 80's shonen turned seinen manga Bastard is getting an anime adaption, news came out of nowhere just now.

https://twitter.com/SugoiLITE/status/1488911565671702532?s=20&t=4smmMaql2-FdlJaXMbJ1DA

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Relin posted:

is it going to finish the story? is this to sell manga volumes? i'm not sure why bastard is being animated

Its not clear yet, there'll be a livestream on the 10th that'll shed some more information what the plans are for this as well as a trailer. Most fans, including myself, are hoping it'll serve as a way to finish the story. The mangaka is as good as retired due to his poor health from drawing the manga on an insane schedule, and there hasn't been anything new for like a decade or so. Alongside the manga they also announced 4 new figures coming out, first merch since also like a decade or so of inactivity.

https://twitter.com/medicos_et_02/status/1489169290674667521

Nobody really expected anything like this and I'm super curious where this sudden revival is coming from.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

MizuZero posted:

this park arc in out just went on and on

Oh man you ain't seen nothing yet. The latest arc has been going on for... I want to say at least 7 volumes so far? It's good and I like it, but the pace does feel extremely glacial.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Jo Joestar posted:

The whole based on a true story aspect of it was the most interesting part of it for me, and by the Kyoranki arc that's all faded into the background in favour of ridiculous melodrama. At least as far as I've gotten, I'm not sure there's a single major gang that hasn't been led by a psychotic torturer!

Out points out time and time again that you've got to be a little crazy to be a deliquent/bosozoku member, so I'm not surprised that most of the leaders are incredibly hosed up dudes.

verbal enema posted:

Bouncer is wild

I couldn't stop laughing the first time I saw ARMS DIGNITY

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

MizuZero posted:

I’m not sure I like where the plot of The Bouncer is progressing to but at least it’s actually going somewhere, unlike Out

I do like how the main character is actually evolving and changing as all the hosed up poo poo keeps happening to him. Also these latest chapters really don't gently caress around :stare:

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Seinen can still be juvenile as hell.
It jus means theyre allowed to show (more) gore and genitals

Speaking of that, try Rosen Garten Saga. A full on raunchy sex comedy with swords that change your gender and those you attack, a masochist who's weapon gets stronger the more he's humiliated and hurt, King Arthur and the knights of the round table as a traveling idol group and a king with a dick the size of a small tree.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
EDIT: Posted in the wrong thread.

So uuuh, how about that Fable huh? There's apparently a live action movie too, anyone watch it?

Archer666 fucked around with this message at 13:18 on May 24, 2022

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008
Man, Boys Abyss is becoming somewhat comical with the amount of curve balls it keeps throwing. Like the author is trying to one-up herself with every revelation.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Brought To You By posted:

New Rosen Garten

This panel basically sums up the series. As for the fight Excalibur is still an incredibly potent trump card even if the theory spawned from the last chapter wasn't on point. Not sure if this is a callback to FATE or anything but given the number of variants of King Arthur/Saber there are I wouldn't be surprised. I hope that Arthur and Alibaba become bros after this fight.

Also, it's Attila's time to shine. I don't think his team will win since Hagen's crew is pretty stacked in terms of power and equipment but we also know Attila isn't playing the same game as everyone else.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

lol at that probe

Also recently discovered Jumbo Max, which is about an old pharmacy dude with Erectile Disfunction finding the one rare ED pill that works for him, and then trying to replicate the formula. Its still getting started but looks like its going to be a manga take of Breaking Bad.

Also its by the guy that made Sidooh, who has a very cool style of drawing.

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

Jose posted:

Is sidooh the series about samurai revolution or incredibly angry and gory samurai fighting over honour series

Samurai revolution one. 2 brothers around the time of the Boshin War get indoctrinated by a cult, escape from it and vow to kill its leader all the while getting involved with historical figures. It owns and isn't gorier than your average seinen samurai manga.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archer666
Dec 27, 2008

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

how smoothed-out Nihei's art has become over the years.

I really dislike how Nihei's style has changed over the years, which seems to be caused by his editors more than any actual wish of his (if the writer comments from 2018 are anything to go by at least).There's something about the raw-ness of Abara, Blame and Biomega that gave them a unique vibe that his later works can't really replicate. Tho I did like Sidonia for what it was.