Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008
Would it be wrong of me to re-up/repost/otherwise-give-props-all-over-again to The Ravages of Time (Chinese title is more literally "Fiery Phoenix Scorches Plains") considering that by now (Volume 49, Chapter 397 in Hong Kong) the author actually did get up to the prelude to the Battle of Chibi (so much for having to leave it to his son) and the climax of Changban?

My main gripe with where it currently is, is that the author's been really skimping on backgrounds ever since Chapter 380 (basically if it's in the daylight and out in the open, he's probably not going to bother with drawing anything other than characters, the ground, buildings and other "ground-level scenery") but I'm still liking where it's going, and hell the manhuajia's still maintaining the intricacy in his characters compared to most manga I've seen, a great example of which I have here from Volume 30, Chapter 244:

Bro Dad's recommendation from the previous seinen thread:

BroDad posted:

History is written by the victor. A brutally realistic take on the Three Kingdoms Period of Chinese history, Ravages plays more Legend of Galactic Heroes than Dynasty Warriors. Full of plots within plots, Confucian philosophy, and fantastic artwork, Ravages is the one true followup for fans of LOGH.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/the_ravages_of_time/
Context: Dian Wei, bodyguard/warrior of Cao Cao, went batshit when he was surrounded by Lu Bu's troops and Cao Cao was missing, mumbling poo poo about how "yes, Dian Wei knows what to do... but where's my weapon? I'll need a weapon for each of Lu Bu's generals..." to which the surrounding troops response by plunging their spears into him... cue him batting them aside with his thanks for inadvertently "giving" him weapons to kill their leaders with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU