Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Hah, not sure if people are reading the continuation of Aiki, Aiki-S, but it's already getting pretty amusing. Really can't ever have enough smug douche Joukyuu.
http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Aiki-S/Ch-003-Read-Online?id=181179
BULL THE INFINITE! PROSTRATE YOURSELF IN FRONT OF THE GOD!
Poor Bull. :v:

Smug Douche Joukyuu is pretty much the only reason I read AIKI because my God is he perfect at it. Him being in America is even better now!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

coathat posted:

Ok seriously y'all need to read Kiichi right now. It's maybe the best manga being translated into English at the moment. http://www.batoto.net/read/_/212364/kiichi_v2_ch16_by_gantz-waitingroom

I read the first few chapters of this last night and it seems kinda weird, but interesting. What's the reason for your opinion, I'm just curious?

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Breaky posted:

Blame! and Biomega (and probably everything else by Nihei Tsutomu) should be up your alley.

http://kissmanga.com/AuthorArtist/Nihei-Tsutomu

I read Blame! not too long ago and it was my first manga by Nihei. Was I not supposed to really understand anything? I mean, I loved the story and all but I still feel confused and lost about it.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Yeah I figured as much. I want to read through his other works before doing a re-read of Blame!. I'm already a few chapters into Knights of Sidonia.

But God drat that gravity gun :swoon:

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Is Reiroukan Still Alive just finished being scanlated. The last two chapters were amazing. I felt like it might've been canceled and that's why it rushed to an ending, but after seeing the final chapter, I feel like maybe it was meant to be that way. That was a drat good final chapter, got a little misty and everything even.
Just read through this and it was wonderful. It did feel rushed but the ending more than made up for it.

The cooking chapter was one of the most hysterical chapters of a Manga I've ever read. It was like every single panel was pure gold :allears:. Wow

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Jose posted:

Nobody ever responds to my usogui posts but it's finally being translated so please read it if you don't
I read it! I loved it when it was first getting translated but fell off when it became really infrequent. I saw new chapters up after a few years but didn't get back into it until you posted a while back, so thanks for the little motivation to pick it up again! It's just as enthralling as I remember :tipshat:

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I really gotta catch up..fell off it a few years back but its real good.
You won't be disappointed. It's as much fun, maybe more, than I recall

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Astus posted:

The last time Usogui was brought up I started reading it, only to realize that chapters 11 through 25 weren't on mangadex, and the only english translations I could find for those chapters were really bad.

Guess I'll just try to struggle through to chapter 26, since Usogui does seem really interesting.

Was your source EGScans? They have chapters 1-131 on their site

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

Seconding You will Hear the Voice of the Dead.

And if you liked Hakaiju I would recommend Biomeat: Nectar as it's a similar brand of schlock horror.
Souboutei Must Be Destroyed is also a good horror series however the translations stalled out a couple weeks ago and it's continuation is uncertain.

Oh man it's been years since I thought about Biomeat. It was one of the first manga I got into back when I found scanlation websites like 10 years ago. I may have to check it out again because I remember liking it a whole lot and I definitely recommend it.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

nerdz posted:

beastars came really really close to becoming wolfguy (literally) and I'm glad the author was able to get the hell out of that. All the Yakuza side story was dumb as hell and added absolutely nothing to the plot, so she did well to just scrap all of it

Woah that's, like, reeeaaalllly bad. I remember very briefly enjoying the heck out of Wolf Guy.

Is there a point where Beastars really grabs you? Granted I only read maybe 10 chapters when it was first getting translated but it didn't grab me all that much

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

Oh dang I totally forgot Franken Fran came back!

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

The horses in Kingdom are my favorite thing.

Right after Tou. I wish he was around more

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure out how bad ubel blatt is. it's not like it was ever subtle!

In my defense I read it back when I first got into scanlated manga in 2008. I can’t even remember anything about it besides some tentacle monster villain that I think becomes an ally?

There’s going to be some super fun opinions whenever it does air