Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

coathat posted:

Himizu has been getting updated lately and that's a very good thing. http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Himizu

It's by the guy who did Boku to Issho so the faces and reactions are tops. Himizu is a pretty big departure from his comedies in terms of story but its still great.

Thanks for this. I remember reading it a while ago, but it never updated so it completely dropped off my radar. poo poo is rad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Kleptobot posted:

Here's a new one with the "tsundere" trait played painfully, frighteningly straight: Mozuya-san Gyakujousuru. The artwork is pretty good but the story...holy poo poo. I think I need to lie down for a bit.

Oh god, this is so loving great. The best take on Tsundere yet.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Holy poo poo. I'd been holding off on reading Boys on the Run because the premise was sort of eh(Wageslave to boxer, whoop). The first 20 chapters. drat. poo poo is intense.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Honestly, I figure the reason the dentist thing works is because with how immortality is depicted here, you'd blow of your head to fix your mouth as opposed to going to a dentist. The medical profession doesn't seem all that useful when you can cure everything with death.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Kaja Rainbow posted:

The first thing that comes to mind is protection against disabling but not lethal injuries. There's already a certain doctrine stated by a real-life person that states it's better to cripple enemy soldiers than kill them, because then they become a burden to their own side. Likewise while they can just put a bullet in themselves, it's harder if they're suffering shock while slowly bleeding out. And that'd give the enemy more time to act.

This. There's a lot of crime that doesn't involve bodily harm and having forces trained to deal with them is pretty key, especially when the risk of bodily harm on the part of the offenders is minimal.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

UberJumper posted:

To me it felt that the author just got sick of the series, and just wanted to end it the fastest possible way.

The author most in tune with his audience, ever.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
I just started reading Boku dake ga Inai Machi, and holy poo poo did things go completely wild after a few chapters. I'm about halfway through what is currently translated and drat if it isn't the most compelling thing I've read in a while.

Edit: Just finished chapter 19. Lawdy I want more. Cliffhanger within cliffhangers within cliffhangers.

Cynic Jester fucked around with this message at 08:01 on Feb 6, 2014

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Really? I had no idea. Should I remove the Kissmanga link? It's listed as Seinen and definitely has a more brutal Seinen feel to it so that's pretty surprising (though obviously the lines blur and sometimes depend arbitrarily on what you're published in).

Having read the novel, it's sort of a weird mix. The tone is seinen, but the two protagonists are shounen.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Serious Frolicking posted:

The only thing that has changed is that the new batch of one-dimensional villains are more blatant with their atrocities. Neither the scope nor the degree of their comically evil deeds surpasses the crap from earlier in the manga. I guess that is probably intentional, as the PM's son lacks even the tiny amount of subtlety and guile the PM has.

Every time they played up the humanity of the previous group of bad guys I ended up laughing my rear end off. Guy burns down towns for a living, but is a loving family man, so it's not so bad. Chick kills entire nations for kicks, but likes the MC ~sukiiii~. I still read it, but more for the unintentional hilarity than anything else.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

TheFallenEvincar posted:

I'm sort of baffled by this supposed "trap" in Yuureitou, which I'm still reading for god knows what reason...

Can't you guys just...wait until it gets low enough (since the ceiling is slowly going down) and get on the chair one by one and climb up into the next level? :downs: I guess maybe not everyone could climb out in time, but still...

Are you sure it's a hole to the next level and not just an opening with enough headroom for the chair?

Edit: Chapter 20 of Boku Dake Ga Inai Machi :black101:

Cynic Jester fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Mar 4, 2014

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Just caught myself up on Tokyo ghoul after not reading it for a few months. It really went off the deep end. That is some character development.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Autonomous Monster posted:

I discovered yesterday that it is, apparently, getting an anime this summer. Interesting to see how well it'll adapt, I guess.

I can't imagine it'll adapt well without some serious rewriting, based on other recent seinen adaptations.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

coathat posted:

In case Yall didn't know March comes in like a lion has started updating again. http://bato.to/read/_/299069/3-gatsu-no-lion_v4_ch39_by_no-group

This is so good. Just binged through the entire thing.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile
Ah, yes, Yusha. A common name in fantasy mangas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

A dazzling simile

Nate RFB posted:

More Lion, more things getting really :ohdear:

Man, Sangatsu is hitting all the right/wrong feels right now.