Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

GorfZaplen posted:

drat, Osamu Dazai will never recover from this
He ain't gonna recover from much anything these days.
It struck me as typical of the sort of misogynistic poo poo considered "great literary canon". Though funnily enough Ito tweaked it to be even more woman-hating.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

hUmAn FeMaLeS

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I don't consider it a wholesale endorsement but the story as presented absolutely frames it as this dark mystic charm. It's all very romantic about its darkness in a very teen dude way. THE FEMALES OF THE SPECIES just throw themselves at him and he repeatedly destroys their lives. Ultimately, for something called No Longer Human he finds himself sort of blameless in the end, presenting the women in his life as some sort of plague. From what I can tell Ito's is a fairly faithful adaptation

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Do people still read To Your Eternity? Thought maybe there was a thread now or something. The anime is nearing the giant knocker Siege thing, which is also about where I left off with the manga so I decided to start reading again. Remember a lot of people getting tired of that arc.
Finally got to chapter 117, and there appears to be a major timeskip/new step forward in the story/gamechanger. Would people say it's still pretty great as a series or is there Immortal fatigue? Looks like I've got a shitload more chapters to catch up to. Also gotta actually finish Golden Kamuy now that it's done. Haven't really read manga in ages.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
If your grandchild finds an immortal magic money printing machine and their reaction is "no!! We can't cause inflation!!" you've hosed up as a rolemodel somehow

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Chapter 138 of To Your Eternity...the whole Mimori story is weird, did not expect this series to have a creepy pedo older brother character...
This is a freak looking up his little sister's skirt and most of his punishment is just gag stuff. Her problems aren't just involving her mom, he's repeatedly depicted as a hosed up creep older brother. I don't want her going on tropical vacation with this dude!!
He convinces his sister to live again by letting himself get heroically pummeled like some Shonen hero until she feels so bad she's like okay yeah fine I guess!!! Just stop!!!
They should be cheering his rear end getting whooped.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Honestly impressed anyone can still enjoy record of ragnarok. It's so basic

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
I've probably just lost all joy in my heart because tbf it's the manga concept I would've imagined as a 10 year old and lost my poo poo about