Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

If you want to see ridiculous faces and why you should never, ever, go to a Japanese hospital, check out Say Hello To Black Jack :

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Jose posted:

what are some good seinen battle manga that aren't by satoshi mizukami or tetsuya saruwatari or feature humanoid cockroaches

maybe something like kingdom that is just brutal fights all the time

The Stratocracy of Altair.

Cephas posted:

Any recommendations for stuff similar to All-Rounder Meguru and Teppuu? I really like the more down-to-earth stories about daily training and competitions and stuff. Doesn't have to be about MMA though. Martial arts, yoga, running--any sort of manga about people just doing their thing like that really appeals to me.

Yawara and Stretch totally count.

Yowamushi Pedal.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

That Works posted:

His other stuff is awesome and to be fair to D&R the "god" character here is definitely the villain who is constantly trying to sway the more rational main character to his side. I didn't take it from the reading that we are supposed to be identifying with or supporting the ideas of the god character (Yuuki) at all.

Yeah, the latest chapters have leaned pretty hard on him turning into a Griffith/Femto-like character. Although in my opinion he comes off more as the creepy kid from Chronicle with a messianic complex.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

That Works posted:

It's kind of one of the good things to me in the series, the whole point that the more naive MC with powers is initially swayed by Yuuki but then has to consider what his own definition of morality is and what is the "right" way to protect that. Honestly it's kinda thematic for all of this guys stories.

One of the little things I liked about Holyland is how the Yuuki-like badass fighter guy is slowly revealed over the course of the series to be an even more hosed up loser than the MC. The author really likes his slow burn character development it seems.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Schubalts posted:

Stomping all over those hopes: No, it has not.

Shame.

Speaking of manga that could use some (better) translators...

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Kingdom just updated and our boy finally did it

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Guys.

:siren: Somebody picked up Front Mission: Dog Life & Dog Style :siren:

https://mangadex.org/chapter/947242/1

Great manga if you haven't checked it out yet:

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

solo cinema finally updated