Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

duckdealer posted:

A new chapter of All Rounder Meguru is out for those who haven't read it yet: All Rounder Meguru Chaper 71. I love the manga but the way the translation gets the names for every technique wrong is getting a little bit annoying. It just seems odd to me that someone would start translating a title like this without knowing anything about MMA or BJJ.

Was that the case with the old group as well? or is it just the new group that fucks it up? I like it but I don't really know much about the subject.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Since people are confessing to not liking Dungeon Meshi I must admit that while I liked it at the start my interest just disappeared when after they resurrect the sister, she just disappears again so they can keep the status quo or whatever instead of having her join the party and have a new goal I don't know if that changes later but that kind of storytelling just completely kills my investment any time it happens

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

ugusername posted:

Yeah, it's such a big plot hook for a sequel about child Chidaruma and Hole adventures, that I would be really surprised if nothing popped out in a year or two. I'm really hyped at the very least.

I honestly don't get how that's a sequel hook, to me it's more just showing that they get their just punishment or whatever.
I got to admit that while I liked the series, I pretty much fell of it when the scale blew up, looking for the guy in Kaiman's mouth and exploring the messed up world was a much more interesting story hook than preventing the world from ending or w/e. It's a problem I have with a lot of series actually, where they do the personal stuff well but always have to try and to the big scale stuff instead, a lot of the time making the previous more interesting stuff feel meaningless or like some kind of tax they have to pay to get to the "real stuff" where I just lose interest. It reminds me of how American superhero comics always have to interrupt all their interesting stuff with long boring company wide crossover events about the world ending, except in manga it doesn't seem like it's company mandated.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Yeah, tournament with gore/tits suck but I think you might be placing Berserk on too high a pedestal, when it's also not much different than shounen + gore, just with a different era's standard story.