Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

AnonSpore posted:

I'm a huge sucker for monsters, but Hakaijuu just got really dumb. It started off fine, even great, but it really overdoes the humans are the real monsters!!! thing to the point it becomes farcical, and outside of that it's just a constant stream of side characters being introduced and then killed off for no reason. I really wanted to like it, and read seven drat volumes of it in the vain hope it'd get better, but it didn't. I'm worse off for having read it.

I don't know that I agree with this. First off it's horror so you kind of have to expect people to die a lot (although maybe Gantz has permanently numbed me to character death). And I really only remember one "humans are the real monsters" arc. Unless you mean the government being jerks in which case they have pretty good reasons. Which is not to say that it doesn't get ridiculous with some of the countermeasures they use in some of the later volumes.

Also the monster designs are really excellent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Coca Koala posted:

Manga Fox is saying that Liar Game is licensed; is that true? I'd totally be down to read official translations of it.

In the past couple of weeks I've seen at least two series that I know pretty much 100% aren't licensed show up on mangafox as licensed, for some bizarre reason. I wouldn't put too much stock in it. Looking at the wikipedia page it seems Liar Game was licensed in Italy and France so maybe that's enough for mangafox to pull them?

Joshlemagne
Mar 6, 2013

Kubla Khan posted:

Can someone recommend something similar to Sumire 16 sai!! ? It's brilliant. Just nuked my heart, completely.

Subject matter doesn't really matter. I want them feels!

There's actually a whole thread that's basically just that.