Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Twiddy posted:

This is important so I'll reiterate it. Short and to the point, less is more. It's the same type of thing that shows up in the "convince somebody to read a comic in one panel" thread. Technically the rules (especially in the new thread) allow you to post more panels, but most of the time people aren't gonna bother when you post three or more.

This isn't the recommendation thread, this is the general seinen thread. :confused: Or am I missing something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Me and the Devil Blues is probably the only manga about Great Depression music, it's awesome. I also thought for sure it was dead so this is great news.

mycot fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Feb 16, 2016

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Does anyone have a link to the Wolf Guy thread because the idea of people trying to brush off the first rape only for them to keep on coming sounds like a disaster.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

RatHat posted:

No? There were a few creepy things before that but as soon as the rape started everyone was pretty much gone.

Oh, I misread the original post. Maybe the Kill La Kill thread just messed up my perception of people.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
Speaking of turning weird and bad, it took me forever to realize that I Am A Hero is not the series people were talking about a few months ago, which starts as post-apocalyptic but supposedly drops it for really trippy sex symbolism. (EDEN, I think?)

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

ahiwattamplifier posted:

There are like 10 animes and no Chinese Jackie Chan movies on my country's Netflix catalog, yet there are tons of Korean tv dramas and it makes me absolutely furious.

Plus it's fun to make fun of Korea's descent into capitalism and lack of a discernible cultural identity, kinda like what happened to Singapore. Just a giant mall where's illegal to chew bubblegum. RIP Korean culture

As like the one Korean on this forum I object to that.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem
I've heard Ubel Blatt eventually becomes less of a Berserk ripoff but apparently that doesn't make it better.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

so, elephant in the living room, why is slavery so goddamn popular in japan :psyduck:

like what in the name of gently caress makes that such a common thing in the isekai genre, without people being horrified by it?

I always just thought the insane derivativeness in the webnovel/lightnovel genre just causes random fetishes to get added to the formula as they copy each other.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

Hell Gem

Mordja posted:

So can you guys explain what the deal is with UB exactly?

It's "we've got Berserk at home" and I think it gets creepy about the main characters looking like children?