Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib
nostradumbass

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Can't help it, I love these dumb tournament mangas. This one has fun art so I'm down for all the groanworthy cliches of the genre.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
but now i want to read the next volume :(

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

ugusername posted:

Fable is incredible. One of the best reads for me in a while. Such a good balance between tragedy and comedy in a sometimes very gruesome and sad setting.

Its like yakuza coen brothers - and this latest volume was so sweet. The christmas party was great. While I love the way the author does the quick snippets of violence, I think at its heart this manga is best when its just these assassin goofballs bluffing their way through normie stuff.

The boss being a stand up guy and treating Satou and Yukou nicely was great.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Yea I'm really curious if a lot of the dialogue is actually being correctly translated - but the art style whips and I like dumb rear end battle manga so I won't stop reading it.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
my god this manga rules seriously Youko drunk sleeping with her eyes open is so good, and their fight was great too

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
I cant get enough of The Fable.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

gently caress yes. I love all the little touches, like the goofy faces everyone makes. Youko's ugly laughing face. All the coen bros esque shenanigans.

this poo poo kills me

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Apr 1, 2022

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The Fable continues to be so good. I think the resolution to the previous build up was unexpected for me and I love adding 2 more assassins into the mundane world, Azami's reactions have been great.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Jose posted:

Man what a loving chapter for the new volume of the fable to end on

The chapter "Lonesome Man..." had it all the last words, wearing the cosplay, amazing.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Tosk posted:

I noticed that the first volume of the second series of The Fable dropped a week or so ago on mangadex, in case anyone else was waiting on that.

Really interesting because it is directly referencing Corona!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Tosk posted:

I noticed that the first volume of the second series of The Fable dropped a week or so ago on mangadex, in case anyone else was waiting on that.

Jerkface posted:

Really interesting because it is directly referencing Corona!

https://mangadex.org/title/ab30c57c-ce2e-4c3b-b2a4-fea7b2f02ca1/the-fable-the-second-contact

Reading chapter 1 right now and Kuro kinda becoming a little badass, you love to see it. As well as the assassins taking jobs as errand boys lol

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

MizuZero posted:

oh yeah I guess it’s on me to say that new chapters of The Fable: Second Contract were translated into anglish

I love how stupid these assassins are:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The only thing I dont like about volume 4 is the again very rapey subplot putting youku in sexual violence danger but other than that its firing on all cylinders. Tho that being said her getting the armbar/leg choke and her expression in that 2nd to last panel was good. Hopefully this is the end of that

Youko should marry Tako

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Fable is so loving funny man

new volume translation dropped

https://mangadex.org/chapter/002584a3-bf8a-4722-bc96-0c2914b9799c

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Drops of God is getting a live action 8 episode series on AppleTV, weird!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_y2j72Cfe4

It looks really loving good too!!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Please let this chapter be true 🙏

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

ugusername posted:

New Fable volume dropped. poo poo's getting real, starting to be afraid for my boys, Yuukari you sweet foolish fool.

I am so scared for the boys :ohdear:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
God bless the fable bois & gals

Weird seeing Suzuki-Sasaki show back up like that and I love how spooky everyone in fable looks in their masks

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Sep 22, 2023

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
Tower Dungeon is Demon/Dark Souls the manga and I'm absolutely here for it. Loved the bit in Chapter 3 where the sorceress just starts kicking pots to find loot - I've never really fully read any of his works before (perused Blame a long time ago but now I feel like I should revisit it) - but I love the use of negative space in his art style and its really evocative in this one so far.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 12, 2024

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
https://mangadex.org/title/ab30c57c-ce2e-4c3b-b2a4-fea7b2f02ca1/the-fable-the-second-contact

The end of part 2 got translated. Sad no more fable T_T

Edit: Apparently there's going to be a third contact !!

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Mar 16, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
The Fable anime adaptation is out on Hulu. First episode the voices were pretty good (sub) but I had some issue with the characters looking too off model at times. They go with the really exaggerated facial style of the manga, which is probably necessary to correctly adapt the material, but it just looked off some times.