Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New Itsuya-San. Welp, looks like it's taken a turn for the unnerving.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was with ya Ressentiment, until (semi-NWS spoilers I guess???)this page. C'mon, I thought you were better than that. I hope that doesn't become an actual plot point, if it's just a cheap visual gag, that's fine.

edit: I'm not going to stop reading it. But my eyes rolled right out of my head and down the stairs.

Rest of it loving rules though. Except the ending was...abrupt. And hokey as poo poo.

edit: gently caress it I didn't like that ending at all(specific things were incredible and you know what I'm talking about) but as a whole it all felt so rushed. Most everything before it was great though.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Aug 31, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
edit: wrong thread~

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Aug 31, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Dang, I love the blow-by-blow way I Am A Hero handles the zombie apocalypse. I really wish I hadn't been spoiled on it and had been told to go in blind because I really just adore the first volume and how it handles it all. I've recommended it to over a dozen people so far and after mentioning it wasn't what it seems to someone he said "inb4 zombies". And then there actually were.

I enjoyed most of the rest of it too, though honestly I kinda really don't care about anyone other than the main dude and his crew, who currently completely rule and I absolutely love Yabu's attitude. The switching focus to the Kusuru crew for as long as it's been, 31 drat chapters, is a bit jarring. It ain't bad, but it ain't the main dude and co. I really love the way he depicts the infection and the infected's view of things, or at least Hiromi's, and the way her body seems to be playing tug-of-war with the infection. Probably one of my favorite scenes in the whole thing was when Yabu pulls the nail out of Hiromi's head and it's represented in her mind by a massive plant covered in aliens and paranormal creatures invading her world, but suddenly being uprooted and disappearing into the heavens.

The artwork is just so good. It kinda sucks when they are REALLY obvious about the tracing(or just slapping a filter on a cityscape and calling it a day, or sometimes not even that and just straight up using photos) but I'm guessing that's probably due to deadlines sometimes. Everything about the people and zombies is just so well done/horrifying/sad. It's definitely the sort of series where you KNOW any sort of victory is going to be followed Bad Things Happening.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I made a thread for I Am A Hero discussion/reactions because I feel like at this point it's past the "miscellaneous" status. I seriously never would have seen it if I hadn't come here for something else, and hopefully it's a good enough thread with not TOO much misdirection. Plus there's some stuff that's good discussion and theoryfodder in some of the later chapters.

Edit: So the vibe I get from I Am Missing from the first chapter is it's sorta Early Edition: The Manga.

Except instead of a newspaper and a cat, the protagonist has a spunky high school girl.

edit: okay it's definitely not like that and WOW it's an intense series, my heart was pounding ever since he went back a bit too far.

I'm in the middle of chapter 12 and this came up in my youtube playlist, which immediately made me grin ear to ear(link is spoilery to the story, so it's tagged): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnX5Q2bLgd4&list=PLBAF092AADC29B9D4 and I am still tense as gently caress as they open the door to the house and I am FULLY expecting something horrific to happen at any second now

edit: I KNEW IT

edit: gently caress THIS SERIES

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Sep 3, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Vesi posted:

Boku wa Mari no Naka is a body swap manga as imagined by Oshimi Shuzo (guy behind flowers of evil), it's just started picking up speed

unless you want to wait for it in glorious rotoscape
While I've not seen/read Flowers of Evil yet, I've heard nothing but unsettling things about it, so that combined with the very conspicuous lack of a "romance" tag under the genre list for this series made me expect bad(good) things. Certainly a different take on the body swap idea, at least, though I think it could really, really do without showing me a high school girl's menstrual blood-soaked pubes. Other than that, it's intriguing, though it moves at a fairly slow pace. Is it a monthly series? 20 pages for a monthly series seems a bit low.

I've got conflicting opinions on Yori, which I like in a character. On the one hand, she's justified in having her fury in that the person she idolizes, or who is possibly her friend/crush(no concrete confirmation either way yet) has suddenly been completely mentally replaced by what she considers the worst sort of person. On the other hand, she's unleashing that fury on said person pretty unjustifiably just because they've been thrust into this situation and then when that person reacts (admittedly in a grotesque way) to her absolutely ceaseless abuse and cruelty and says a single horrible thing back, she shuts down completely. She reaped what she sowed in this case by not giving Isao even an ounce of respect and, unless I missed something, expecting him to act like Mari in every way when he has no idea how. She's also kinda weird and stalker-ey herself, though I'm sure it'll delve deeper into why later. She's an interesting character in herself, but I find myself not really caring until the main plot moves along a little bit more, especially if it's a monthly series. Likely something I'll just drop for now and pick up once there's another 20-30 chapters, it's pretty good, but not something I'd want to follow chapter-to-chapter I don't think.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kaja Rainbow posted:

Not so surprising those chapters're gone if they just slapped their own names on the Jmanga rips. Batato's more strict than the other hosting sites about stuff like that.

Then again, what are people to do with the Jmanga stuff? If it's not archived somewhere, then it's just lost to the ether, right? And if nobody is picking up Jmanga's licenses, what's the sort of situation for the license, then? Do they go back to being unlicensed, and if so, what of the stuff Jmanga translated?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It'll be interesting if it doesn't go a Biscuit Hammer direction, based on the second chapter. There's really too little to say either way at this point, the next few chapters will give a better feel for whether it's worth following or not.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Kleptobot posted:

Here's a new one with the "tsundere" trait played painfully, frighteningly straight: Mozuya-san Gyakujousuru. The artwork is pretty good but the story...holy poo poo. I think I need to lie down for a bit.
Just the summary makes it sound like it could be horribly great or horribly horrible:

quote:

Mozuya Koto is afflicted with the medically accepted disorder known as Dr Josef Tsundere’s Bipolar Personality Disorder, or just “tsundere” for short. With her golden hair, blue eyes, twin tail, and being rich on top of all that, Mozuya Koto comes equipped with all the basic necessities of being a top class tsundere. When Mozuya wants to be friends with somebody or when she likes somebody, she will take offensive actions that are completely opposite from what a normal person would actually do in the same situation and it is completely outside of Mozuya’s control. The manga is pretty serious most of the time, focusing on Mozuya’s troubles with getting along with people as she keeps turning violent due to her tsundere disorder.

edit: ahahaha, the "comical tsundere clobbering" actually nearly killed the kid. Nice. If it keeps playing it completely literally like this, I can see this going in some interesting directions.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Sep 17, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yo I totally wasn't digging Apocalypse no Toride for the first like 7 chapters feeling that I Am A Hero did what it was doing far better, but then it just went completely off the rails when noseless mandog zombies and triple-pupil'd zombie king man riding atop an unliving throne made of thousands of zombies showed up. Even if it's still not really "high quality entertainment" around 12 chapters in(still too many cheap last-second salvation moments for my liking and the panel layouts/angles of various shots can be confusing or suck at times), it's certainly ballsfuck crazy enough to keep my attention so far. Some really nice little touches in the story as well, and I like the pragmatic nerdy rear end in a top hat guy who, for the first loving time in zombie apocalypse history, does not die immediately for acting rationally in a zombie apocalypse.

edit: yep, completely ridiculous still after getting caught up, still good, not the best, but still crazy. little eyeroll-inducing but oh well. Interested in where it goes from here, at least.

With how low the population at the prison is getting it'd be real nice for some of the survivors to rise up above "faceless crowdmembers" at least. There's like eight recognizable dudes and the rest all look the same.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 13:58 on Sep 21, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Man, Suicide Island's really good. Really really good. Finally getting around to the "darker" portion of my reading list(I.E. not fluffy romance or optimistic action series) and Suicide Island was this weekend's dish of choice.

The character growth and overall tone of the series is outstanding, the feel of the world is engrossing, and as it progresses you really get attached to certain characters and despise others. Honestly it's had a few parts I nearly had to stop reading just because they were really loving painful to read, such as Liv's story. Honestly the only thing I have a problem with is Sei's hesitance to kill Sociopath Supreme or King Cannibal Creepy Raper Guy. Even after witnessing Kai try to kill Miki firsthand, and knowing he killed Saori himself and tried to get Liv and Tomo to kill themselves, and immediately after leaving the group he sets fire to the school itself in an attempt to wipe them out and is unapologetic for it, Sei still can't kill him. Even though Kai will likely come back for another attempt(and indeed seems to be doing just that in the latest translated chapters). King Cannibal Creepy Raper Guy straight up said he would take the women, and kill everyone unless he became undisputed lord of everyone on the island, that he would not follow any sort of moral or ethical code, tried dirty tactics multiple times, and ambushed everyone who went to negotiate with the sole purpose of killing Ryou. Sei is really just a fool if he took KCCRG at his word in regards to staying separate groups, considering how much he's learned up until now being extremely wary of those sorts of people. He KNOWS that allowing them to live directly puts the lives of every single person he loves in danger. Hell, he witnessed it firsthand on multiple occasions. I feel like the next volume or two will deal with his inability to make that decision in order to secure the safety of his new family, and that many will die because of it. I can't see any possible good things coming from the last couple chapters that have been scanlated.

It's not so much I'm saying KILL ALL SONS OF BITCHES, but those two very specifically represent a completely hostile threat to the existence of every single person in that group. They are downright cartoonishly evil at this point, Kai has been exposed as the person responsible for many of the deaths post-initial suicide rush and has openly said he intends to kill everyone, either through his own actions or his words. KCCRG is just straight up moustache-twirlingly malicious, and is a despot of his people with no regard for anyone except himself. Whether it is possible for these two to come around to the light is not so much a question of "if", but rather "how many lives are worth risking in pursuit of that goal".

The Miki chapters were butt-clenchingly tense, hell, a bunch of chapters were. This series is so good, honestly. This core group has so many interesting, tragic, sad, or even freshly optimistic characters that it really makes every chapter a joy to read. The backstories make sense, and Ryou's was definitely one that hit home in a way. The artwork is outstanding and Ikiru is adorable. I'm really, really interested in seeing where this goes from this point, since there's still three entire volumes untranslated and it's still apparently an ongoing series.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Anatharon posted:

I got around to finishing Akumetsu.

After 200~ so deaths, apparently Shou dieing can still be sad. :qq:

Considering how crazy the series was, the ending was sobering and almost down to earth.

Jesus. That was so good, I can't believe it. I wound up binging the whole thing over the last few days, made for great work-readin'. It pretty much never slowed down and was incredibly brutal the entire time with a tinge of melancholy most of the way through it. My biggest criticism was the introduction of multiple characters, including the girl in the very first chapter, who show up in maybe half a dozen chapters each throughout the entire 162 chapter run.

I had got somewhat of a Qualia the Purple vibe from parts of it, though political stuff rather than quantum physics stuff(not to mention Akumetsu himself). I don't know if I liked the ending, it really felt like one of those forced-bittersweet endings for the sake of it and also pretty goddamn cheesy but maybe that's just my feeling immediately after finishing it. The last twenty or so chapters were balls-to-the-wall intense.

My favorite parts were probably the Akumetsu rock band, how much of an obvious Countach fanboy the author is, and the flashback story. That one was surprisingly well-handled for what it was. Also made the return to the present way more jaw-dropping.

That's a must-read series and yet another one that I can't believe has never been licensed. While it deals with a lot of Japanese politics and mindsets, it handles them in such a way that even the scanlations were able to easily convey what was going on.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
This is what I thought of Prison School after someone linked it in the Convince With One Panel thread.

quote:

This might just be the stupidest thing I've ever read. But I feel that if he is bitter about Devil Blues getting canned, then this makes a lot more sense. A character with such insanely exaggerated assets being reduced to, literally, talking tits and pussy(most of the VP's dialogue balloons point towards one of these two things) and is absolutely never in a scene without some form of absurd fanservice seems extremely cynical to me, let alone the rest of it.

Either that or he's just doing what he TRULY loves. Either way it was really, really, incredibly stupid. But also really funny at times, and the intense seriousness to every retarded situation makes for amusing scenes on their own.

I don't even think I could recommend it. But I did get some really good laughs out of it. It's basically something that if you take it seriously for even a second, you've already lost.

It's also entertaining to read insane MRA posts about the series. Some dudes are taking it COMPLETELY seriously, like one guy who's like 40 and being all "I'd murder these sluts goddamn why don't these idiots kill these stupid bitches already, fuckin sluts"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

TheFallenEvincar posted:

Does Akumetsu ever get past:
Sort of. And I don't even really enjoy it for the politic talk because it's stuff I've heard before, but more of an interesting tale about "guy gets superpowers, decides to be a "hero" in the loosest and most extreme sense of the word, does crazy poo poo while enacting his plot while the rest of the country desperately tries to figure him out" such as the Countach race, the Rock Band, and Batman-Akumetsu. It's also got pretty drat great art.

What chapter are you on? It starts to get into some other things later on, and also starts to question if Akumetsu's actions will actually have any notable effect.

Kind of a bummer if the author is really such a hosed up individual though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Dickeye posted:

Look Akumetsu has that one dude who is just WAY TOO INTO roads. Manga owns.

It's also amusing that Akumetsu absolutely does not give a single gently caress for about 98% of the entire series. There's only a few instances where he's not just carefree or a grinning happy-go-lucky idiot(outside of all his plentiful murder scenarios) and really, the extent he goes so that nobody except his target dies gets pretty convoluted and "how will he do it next". The TV studio one was probably the best example of that.

Anatharon posted:

The ending felt way too forced, yeah. Generally I don't like sad endings, but I really don't think that it fit the tone of the series. I was wondering if I missed the page that had "And now for a very special epsiode of Akumetsu".

Maybe I'm just being bitter.

Nah, the ending really was trying too hard and honestly, because there was no development at all between Shou and Shiina, she might as well have just been a nameless background whore in the first couple chapters and never showed up again for all the development she got throughout the 162 chapters.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Oct 12, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Relin posted:

If you liked Akumetsu you'll love Wolf Guy, same author artist team

Literally on the same page people are saying not to read Wolf Guy because it is so terrible it retroactively harms enjoyment of Akumetsu. Come on, Relin.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Both I Am Missing and I'm In Mari updated, and boy howdy how I wish they weren't monthly. I'm In Mari moves at such a slow pace. It's good, but it doesn't accomplish much chapter to chapter. And of course there's a big fat cliffhanger at the end of this one where not much happened.

I Am Missing for once had a somewhat happy and not horrible and brutal turn of events with Airi not loving dying(though her house burned), only to go right back to being dark by the end of the chapter. Real curious to see where they go with that, this series has been pretty drat incredible but I am wondering just how long it'll go on for.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Jesus. Since one of the series picked up by Crunchyroll's new manga service is Fortress of the Apocalypse, that means it's currently up-to-date with the translated chapters, six new ones that scanlators never got to.

Some...serious poo poo went down. Jesus. I kinda am weirded out by what's happened to the sexy "UN" lady but I can only hope that her being like that will prevent any rapenanigans that I'm pretty sure everyone was expecting once the fake UN jerks got their comeuppance, in a prison full of women-deprived convicts. Bravo, Fortress of the Apocalypse, for somehow managing to avoid every possible outcome people expected for them. What's happening with our fair protagonist was obvious a mile away, but let's see where they go with it, ought to be interesting from here on out.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
A couple new chapters of Koe no Katachi are out, and they're the typical up and down of :smith: and :unsmith:. Though I'd probably just sock that kid in the face for jump-kicking me off my bike and being such a little prick.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
So what do people think of Flowers of Evil? I'm a bit over a dozen chapters in, fluctuating wildly between "gently caress this stupid series" and "hmm, this is potentially interesting" seemingly every other chapter.

For those who've read all that's out so far, answer this for me, yes or no is fine: does Takao ever move past being horribly clingy to Nakamura whenever she insinuates that she'll abandon him? I almost feel like if he does, the series will end right there, since she seems to be more of a main character than him. Like, she's not even really interesting so far, and it's weird how a school allows a middle-schooler to just openly insult the teachers and swear at them and straight up not do tests without anything more punishing than a stern talking-to.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
edit: ffffffff

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Nov 18, 2013

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The boxing thing ought to be a spoiler since it doesn't even happen for a pretty drat long time.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Two new Koe no Kotachi chapters are out. If you were holding off because it's a pretty huge downer early on, I suggest giving it a try now. Seems to be going in a much better direction now.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

gobbledygoat posted:

I read it and really liked it but for some reason it made me really mad???

I don't get it at all I was just so angry by the end of it.

You don't get Spirit Circle? The gist of it is all the main characters are constantly reincarnating for some unknown reason, all in relations to each other, but varying each time they reincarnate. They vaguely remember their past lives in dreams. I would say it's a pretty infuriating series in a good way, the Knight storyline was so incredibly good. Like seriously, blew my mind how solid that whole thing was. The current high school-era reincarnation is trying to understand what happened in the past, and hopefully save the girl from the crippling and all-consuming hatred she has felt throughout all of their histories. It can get pretty maddening thanks to really loving unjust scenarios, events, and characters, but that's half the reason it's so good. Spirit Circle is really fantastic and I wish it was a weekly series.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I was actually going to post whether Suicide Island had gone on hiatus or had been dropped by the people scanlating it, what a nice surprise. :3:

Well, nice surprise...initially, of course. With what's happening in the latest two chapters, well, I'm really wondering where it's going to go from here.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Hey, how about that. Immortal Hounds isn't a one-trick pony, it seems. Looks like I'll be sticking with it because it actually seems to be going in an interesting direction!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Are scanlations just lagging behind, or did the series go on hiatus?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
poo poo, I don't know what it is about pretty much every single chapter of I Am Missing that puts me completely on edge when I read them. But man, is it such a god drat great series, and it really sucks that it's monthly.

A new chapter came out, and it seems that the series may be wrapping up, based on some things said during it/the chapter title. So basically, the next few chapters will likely be go time and even MORE intense than previous ones.

Although with what happens with Ken'ya, it might continue on for longer yet after the current predicament with the serial murderer concludes, with exploring the whole "time-jumper" aspect more thoroughly.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Latest Spirit Circle's out on Crunchyroll. It's a good'un. Looks like Hotarou's story is over, with an interesting ending to it. This was a much-needed lighthearted chapter, with some good funny bits intermixed with the drama.

And then suddenly, nipples.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New Immortal Hounds chapter is out, and Mama is creepy. Kenzaki's a Good Cop, so it'll be interesting to see how Windchime handles her duty. If she just completely bungles trying to hit on him because she's never even thought to love someone, that would be the best. Probably a huge bummer just from what that says about her backstory, but it'd probably be amusing for a bit before getting back to grimness.

Also, :butt:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New Gakkou Gurashi, and it seems like we're entering the "evil government/military wants to eliminate any survivors/possible infected" stage of the zombie apocalypse storyline. It'd be nice if they're actually looking to rescue people though!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Let's be honest, a lot of Akumetsu was :black101: in a way that would never happen in real life.

Such as the Lamborghini Countach race with the cops. That was just pure art porn for the sake of it. :v:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

How many chapters behind are we now? I was kinda hoping Crunchyroll would be able to pick MMY up so we could catch up, but that doesn't seem like it's going to happen at this point. Last I heard we were, like, 8 chapters behind, so it's probably quite a bit more now.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
It's even better than I had hoped! :smith:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
New Uwagaki, and I can't help but feel that the fusion is going to be the biggest bummer in the world. They're very much two separate people at this point. I wonder if they'll at some point try to barter with mysterious sensei guy to continue living on separately or if they'll actually go along with it. Also, Ajio going all macho with his "gonna court you AFTER the fusion!" talk. I feel like this chapter might have set up a long delay in any resolution, or that might've been a fakeout and they'll continue at the fairly brisk and progressive pace they've been going most of the story.

This is climbing my list of favorite series because the premise is so weird and it's an interesting idea put into writing competently.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Yeah, Immortal Hounds started off really dubious in quality(good premise, iffy execution) for the first few chapters but has definitely gained a solid foothold in the supernatural intrigue genre at this point. And I can only imagine crushing despair or horribly uncomfortable hilarity from Windchime trying to seduce the chief.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Fellis posted:

New Uwagaki chapter

In which The new foreign teacher is a gun happy secret agent and not from America!

Yeah I posted in the wrong thread about it but I really would have preferred the supernatural professor to remain an unknown in the series and not have something like this happen with dumb secret agents and poo poo. It is a great series as a drama, comedy and whatif, but adding in action and mercenaries is a road I don't know if I'll enjoy it going down.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Chas McGill posted:

I wish Sekitou Elergy was still updating. I was really getting into it.

Maybe see about bribing Dr_Amazing or Futurecop to translate it :v:

There's 15 volumes left in it and it's so gooooood in only a quarter of it, I want to see where it goes from there. And I want to see what other hideous faces people will have/make.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Chas McGill posted:

I've started Cheese in the Trap btw and I'm enjoying it. I should probably check and see if it has stopped updating before I get too far though.

Nah, they're still updating, just slower than they used to. There's been a couple new chapters in the last week or two.

Good to see other people giving it a shot. I personally like the artwork even if it's fairly rough and simple, the faces are very expressive. It's really dramatic, nigh-soap opera at times, but can be really funny too, and MAN are some of those characters just incredibly flawed. It's a little difficult to understand some things due to cultural differences, but overall it's great, and it's neat how the scanlators worked something out with the author so they could get permission to scanlate it and also support the author at the same time(using a plugin to translate it on the actual webcomic's page, rather than copying it and putting it on a manga site).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
MAAAAAAGICAL~~~