Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
Does I am a Hero get less frustrating? After page 50 of "hey why are you biting me?! stop!" I just want everyone to die. I wish it was set in a universe where zombie stories and common sense existed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
The MC is clearly in shock, I'll grant that. I guess no one in Japan watches any form of news, or if they do it's only to ogle the news lady. And apparently they send out the SDF before sending the populace a text to look out for, hell, "suspicious individuals" would be enough.

This was the second time I tried reading it, and I got a little further, but I guess it's not for me. Maybe I'm being too picky but I've read a couple hundred other manga without getting similarly annoyed.
e: yeah, kind of boring too. It was getting old skimming over all the walls of text

Also started Suicide Island, which I'm liking, but I'll have to read it in segments. It's a little too tense and hosed to marathon, plus I can't just spend my whole weekend reading manga.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

Autonomous Monster posted:

Yeah, IIAM is a comedy. I would have thought that'd be obvious, because, well
I guess that explains why I don't like it, I didn't find it amusing. You're not wrong to like it as a comedy, but I'm not wrong to dislike it as annoying. All comedies tread that line.

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

Oh hey, remember that Shaft anime from 3 years ago called Soredemo Machi wa Mawatteiru? The manga releases were modestly popular, but the last one was in June 2011. Well, a whole shitload of new ones were just posted.
I really hope shaft animates more of it, it's one of my favorites they've done and you don't even have to pause it constantly

cooldude2.0
Oct 12, 2004
Grimey Drawer
I really like the romcom side of Sidonia, and that last page it sure seems like Tanikaze kissed Izana.
The inter-gender thing makes it a little understandable that they're slow and awkward as hell. Izana isn't entirely comfortable with being a girl.

I feel like I've forgotten some stuff though. Wasn't there a tiny person? Does no one miss that council of elders that got offed by... was it Samari? Is Samari the captain?
And I don't get what Kunato was up to leaving the gauna alone.

cooldude2.0 fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Oct 9, 2013