Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I can't deny I would kind of like a new arc that was just about further modernization and technological progress after all of the various wars and conflicts are resolved. If wikipedia is to be believed it's still ongoing, with Volume 12 having come out in October. So either they're wrong or it's on hiatus because I think we've just hit Volume 11 even after all that time in between scanlation releases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Did crunchyroll ever finish filling in the missing chapters from where the previous license left off (I think the 80's)? Looking through the Soredemo page it looks like they're still missing about 10 I guess?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Bought Blade of the Immortal volume 29, and looking it up apparently the last volume (31) comes out next month so that is going to be a thing. Been reading this silly/awesome thing for over 13 years and it will probably feel weird not having to look up and see if any new books had come out. There were some arcs that didn't work, and the beginning took a while to find its footing (basically the author realizing that the Itto-ryu were far more interesting characters than Manji), but top to bottom it was an extremely memorable story with great art, action, and characters.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I think that was in the low teens, "Autumn Frost" or something, so not quite the halfway point. That's where Manji and Magatsu team up and it owns.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Oh haha, yeah that was well before. The experiment/prison arc which is probably the weakest part of the whole thing came later in I think the 20's. That villain shows up again after the experiment arc which is probably what you were referring to, but the "bone as a weapon in place the hand" was first revealed much earlier when he seemingly died the first time.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Basically looks like chapter 102 is actually super long or whatever, so they jumped up to 108 after it?

Been holding off on catching up since somewhere in the 80s waiting for this exact piece of news, now there's 40ish new Soredemo chapters to look forward to :toot:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Captain Invictus posted:

On phone and can't link atm, but the latest maoyuu has poo poo hitting the fan in a big way
:drat: You weren't kidding. I expected the riflemen to enter the picture at some point soon, but not in that way.

Link

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Finally all caught up on And Still the Town Moves and yep it's still great. Pretty much worth the price of admission to CR in my opinion, especially now that you don't have to pay extra for their manga service.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 38

Bit of an anti-climactic end for the Blue Seal King if that really did him in.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
There was a new chapter of And Still The Town Turns.

E: And a new March Comes in Like a Lion

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Apr 2, 2015

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Looks like you can make candy out of it too.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
March Comes in Like a Lion 48

That guy! Man, gently caress that guy.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I don't think I've heard a single positive remark about that franchise. Why keep reading?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 40. The Level Hero thing at the end is pretty silly.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Speaking of endings, having read the last volume that just came out Blade of the Immortal ended as well as it could have I suppose. Maybe a bit predictable? Mostly just happy that Magatsu wound up living since he was my favorite character and that Makie didn't lose to Giichi who I've never really cared for.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
March Comes in like a Lion 51

Rei's pensive, introspective moments are just so brutal to read.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Isn't Railgun shounen?
Brutal.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
The first one I checked was batoto which said the opposite :iiam: Apparently it's this magazine.

E: Since it doesn't look like threads will ever get archived again sometime soon the original thread for Railgun is still around anyway.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 1, 2015

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Hoo Ray, a new chapter of And Still The Town Turns.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Getting pretty real in March Comes In Like a Lion.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
More Lion, more things getting really :ohdear:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's actually starting to make me feel a little queasy, she's just going to explode and it's going to be ugly.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
loving finally, Maoyuu Maou Yuusha 41.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's published in a shounen magazine tho

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's such a small visual thing, but I love the one talk bubble that's made up of the girl's cigarette smoke.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Been a while, but there were two new chapters of And Still The Town Turns.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yep, it's the entirety of volume 10 (Inari, that is).

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Looks like CR dumped a whole bunch of new chapters out today, incluuuuuuuding: And Still The Town Turns 128

I really like these little one off mystery chapters.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
After a bunch of dumb silly chapters, Railgun seems to be kicking off its next big/real arc finally.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I'm pretty sure it's the most recent; came out in late November or something.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It does not update that often, or at least not as much the past year or so. The author (not the artist) is presumably often busy writing the novels in the main series.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
E: I could have sworn Dengeki Daioh was Seinen but apparently that was wrong; makes for sense for this to go in the Shounen thread anyway.

Instead, have some actual Seinen releases in the form of three new Kotonoba Drive chapters.

Nate RFB fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 11, 2015

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Yumekui Merry has been getting some updates recently after a long while. Always did find that series pretty fun with a likeable cast, though I hardly remember what was happening last.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Sweet, first new Witch Craft Works after a pretty long while.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Thanks to the buzz it was getting in the winter season thread I burned through all of "The Town Where Only I am Missing". I don't know how I ever missed this series, it was extremely my poo poo. I think I saw the initial description (which is only really applicable for the first couple of chapters). It reminded me a lot of another work I love a lot (don't want to say the name, since doing so would be a relatively big spoiler for that series).

Only downside to it was how painfully obvious who the murderer was. I wish there was a larger group of suspects in the 1988 arcs so that the author could have played up the reveal more.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Captain Invictus posted:

The English title is "Erased" now, and thank gently caress for that because the normal title is a mouthful
The original name actually has kind of a thematic meaning in the story, I really don't get what Erased is supposed to be getting at.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Speaking of which: The Town Where Only I Am Missing 35

Nice to see Airi again, probably more so for long-time readers since it's been a long time since she was around whereas for me I had just binged the whole thing so the start is still relatively fresh.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Couple of new Town Where Only I am Missing chapters. I'm not sure I fully get what they're going for with that title drop but whatever, manga continues to be great. Surprised it took this long for that creep to show up.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Someone on /a/ did that annoying thing where they translated/scanlated a later chapter of a series ahead of the current chapters so now the last chapter of Town Where Only I Am Missing is now out in the wild. On the other hand I guess these means once 41-43 get released they'll be done done and hopefully that will be ahead of the final anime episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
If you know ahead of time, yeah. If you're reading in a binge or just saw a notification for a new release and clicked on it to start reading there's a good chance you won't know until it's too late.