Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
The great outstanding question of Helck was, "so who actually won the Demon King tournament?" And now it has been revealed!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/373426/1

(I would've posted it in the Helck thread, but it just rolled into the archives two weeks ago :( )

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
a good maki and riko

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Hmm, I don't know if this came up, but the Helck writer put out a few chapters of Piwi's solo adventures. Three are translated so far.

https://reader.kireicake.com/read/helck/en/14/1/page/1

It's just lighthearted comedy, no shonen battles on the horizon.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I might be the only one following it, but if anyone else is reading Hachi, the current manga from the Jitsu Wa author, what do you think?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
The reason I brought this up was I thought the most recent Hachi arc was pretty good. If you gave up on it earlier, see if the recent chapters do anything for you.

Ytlaya posted:

I find that a lot of shounen/competitive manga (or games or whatever) where there's a male protagonist and rival character have more romantic tension between the protagonist and rival than with the actual intended love interest.

And in Hachi, he plainly mistakes Mikaya for a cute girl when he first meets him. (He does look a lot like Aizawa, I still think.)

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

The non-spider parts of Kumoko are possibly the only example I can think of where the actual "reincarnated from another world" stuff factored in and the content wasn't total trash.

I guess that's something to look forward to, then, as the manga (translation) hasn't really gotten there yet.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Rodyle posted:

there's a bunch of isekai for ladies that are fun

like https://mangadex.org/chapter/6109/1

Bakarina is for everyone!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
And in other "reincarnated as a noble's daughter" isekai news, Koushaku Reijou no Tashinami might be made for me.

Here she is describing double-entry bookkeeping. :swoon:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
If you go too much farther into this, could ya’ll please use spoiler tags? The translation has made it up to her getting the fourth personality so anything after that, as well as pretty much everything about her normal life, is new to us manga people.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I heard the Demi-chan official translations weren’t very good (and its English name leads me to believe that’s true, because Sensei for one would be horrified to hear the Demi crew referred to as “monster girls”). Any thoughts on that?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
If there are any Helck fans still around (the thread went to the archives), the mangaka's fluffy little Piwi spinoff just ended and she'll apparently have a new series coming next year.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Captain Cappy posted:

And while the punishment isn't death, most people would be in serious poo poo if they received a command from a superior and instead of just doing it they reeeee'd on the floor screaming like an autist.

I do this like every other day at work and it’s not a big deal

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
I liked zootopia, also the old u2 album zooropa

dogsicle posted:

it's probably good practice to not let yourself get worked up over things that haven't happened yet, or that you may never encounter

This is good advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
project creep nene