Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Professor Irony
Aug 9, 2005

Oh Professor, you'll bury us all!

Shinjobi posted:

Suicide Island

Just chiming in to say thanks for mentioning this. Haven't finished the 60 chapters yet, but I've greatly enjoyed it so far. Took me a while to get used to the art (struck me that it looks a bit like Leiji Matsumoto's work, now cannot unsee Tetsuro), but the story's really compelling - it's like Lost before that went to poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Professor Irony
Aug 9, 2005

Anyone else remember Parasyte? Not the most original horror/sf offering, but decently written and boasted some great creature design work. Apparently, it is now getting an anime series.

I kind of wonder why they've decided to dig it up now, all of a sudden, but I won't complain.

Professor Irony
Aug 9, 2005

That was rather endearing. I hope they can get it onto a more regular release schedule.

Professor Irony
Aug 9, 2005

Fwiw, I thought Cyber Blue was terrible. Not that it doesn't have a certain entertainment value, but it's like the manga equivalent of a Cannon film.

Professor Irony
Aug 9, 2005

Everything Burrito posted:

Shibatora is about a baby-faced cop who goes undercover as a high school kid, it has a pretty good balance of lightheartedness and drama from what I remember.

Finally finished this last night; really enjoyed it. The premise sounds like some terrible retread of 21 Jump Street, but I felt it probably had more in common with GTO than anything else.