Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk Johnny
Jul 8, 2013

ripvb

Hip Hoptimus Prime posted:

...I don't understand what's strange? If I budget 200 for groceries per month, and I pull out 200 cash on the first for groceries, why can't I just enter in I spent $200? I'd rather do that than enter in $186.55, then $4.00 for milk a week later? Why does it matter if ultimately I'm going to spend all $200?
I think it helps you keep track of how much you are actually spending. Also it will help control your spending. If you budget 200 for groceries and only need 150, you will be more likely to spend the extra 50 if you just take it out all at one time. If you were tracking it more precisely you will know to only budget 150 per month on groceries, and you can budget the 50 elsewhere. When you consider this over multiple categories I think you will be able to save more/budget more efficiently.

I would at least do it the long way until you have a solid grasp on how much you actually need to budget each month for each category.

Of course I just started YNAB as well and I could be completely wrong.

Drunk Johnny fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 30, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread