Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thirty-Five Minutes
Aug 12, 2007
not a republic serial villain
Chapter 57 is out.

Alice is truly beyond mortal understanding.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirty-Five Minutes
Aug 12, 2007
The most important question raised in this chapter: who is the person in the dorm who owns all the volumes of the shoujo manga? This is truly a mystery. I hope the answer is Isshiki.

Thirty-Five Minutes
Aug 12, 2007
This manga's notions of required ingredients for dishes constantly baffle me. Lardons (bacon), onions, mushrooms, okay, fine, I can accept that these are part of the finishing garnish for beef bourguignon - but croutons? The 'burgers must have pickles' thing was already a bit of a stretch, but is putting croutons in a beef stew actually a thing?

Thirty-Five Minutes
Aug 12, 2007

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

You're probably thinking of "croutons" as in salad croutons. Here they are likely talking about french croûton, as in a thin slice of baguette toasted and seasoned and served with soups and stews as a sop for the gravy. And yeah, a croûton is a traditional garnish with many french soups or stews. It comes from the practice of serving stews and soups in a trencher.

Oh, I didn't know that was a thing for soups besides French onion soup! Is it often used in beef stews? I don't think I've ever seen any mention of this bread garnish in boeuf bourguignon recipes.

Also, Beefyland seems like an awesome place. I can't wait for the reactions in the next chapter.

Thirty-Five Minutes
Aug 12, 2007
Maybe they could sell Cantonese food - dim sum is good for those who want to try a little bit of everything (and also very tasty), and tang sui (sweet soup) would probably help cool people's mouths after the numbing-hot Sichuan food.