Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

pandaK posted:

Peanut butter and jelly squid curry master :unsmigghh:

Peanut butter jellyfish are an actual thing now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
New chapter

If I had to guess the outcome, Erina's dish will be superior in quality, but lose because the tools needed for molecular gastronomy are wrong for the context of bento-making; regular kitchens don't have centrifuges.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Souma's secret weapon: bushmeat!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
You begin to suspect that your stew is a portal to the Beef Dimension.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
"Food Wars" seems like they wanted to call it "Food Fight" but wussed out.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Isn't making the most out of ingredients that can't reliably be obtained or kept fresh the cornerstone of a many traditional cuisines?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
It's the cooking manga version of "no, it is *I* who is behind *you*!"

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

kidcoelacanth posted:

That would be boring as heck and kind of ruin the whole "Souma is just a dude from a lil restaurant" thing.

Buuuuuut this is a shonen, so.
Isn't that already invalidated by his dad being the black sheep superstar of the previous generation at the school?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
A man without a pork bun in his hand is never a whole man.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Yasser Arafatwa posted:

alice is top tier for sure

Manga authors are notoriously bad at constructing tier lists.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Centzon Totochtin posted:

Wouldn't it be the childhood friend from his hometown then
Generally speaking, childhood friends can only win if they haven't been present in the MC's life for a while prior to the start of the series. I.e., they are First Girl only if they re-enter the MC's life at the beginning of the series, and not First Girl if they've been living with him the whole time.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
While Azami's system is definitely terrible in the long run, it's going to have a lot of short-term appeal to a large percentage of the current students who worry about failing. What's going to be more interesting is how he convinced the Elite 10, unless he guaranteed that they would be members of central.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

ConanThe3rd posted:

Isn't an Elite spot something that can be contested via Shokugeki? You figure under this system that's done with.
That's certainly possible, but they seem like the ones who can win those easily and who also have a strong sense of their own style that might not mesh with doing everything central's way.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Once upon a time having at least some college attendance was a major feather in your cap, even if you didn't graduate.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Everything within the state.
Nothing outside the state.
Nothing against the state.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Angry Grimace posted:

The hand wave was that they must have been AMAZING chefs to negotiate a sale of it that quickly. I think we pretty much need to all collectively agree that despite taste-testing being subjective in real life (and thus the examiner could just say its gross and fail them) in the context of Shokugeki no Soma, taste testing is completely objective. It's like passing a math test.

I've thought of it as the antagonists still having pride as chefs, who might lose face if they say something tastes bad and then someone else tries it and goes "wtf this is really good, maybe you don't know what good food is."

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

net work error posted:

How do I get a hold of bear meat.

Take drugs! Kill a bear!

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Kuroyama posted:

The poor whites took her words at face value.

She tried to blush when the focus groups indicated she should, but she messed up and blinked her second eyelid instead.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Artichokes are bad, mmkay?

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean, "I just made my food a trap lolololol" is a dumb strategy that's obviously going to backfire horribly.

You just activated my trap lard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Xelkelvos posted:

Japan is sorta weird when they try to stereotypically portray drugs. It's always white powder, spoons and needles. No bongs or pipes. Like all they know is Meth, Heroin and pills. Which, I guess is accurate for the Asian drug trade

Don't forget Those So-Called Legal Drugs That Are Being Sold.