Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

The Evil Thing posted:

Penalised, maybe, but it would be such a lame way of losing that I reckon Soma would almost have to request a rematch.

I second this, Souma will take a narrow win because his dish is more fitting of the bentou theme. That, or the rice is really drat spectacular which might be the case, considering the implications on the last page.
He stands to gain a lot of respect from 'certain' characters if he wins this one and Erina might stop being such a bitch once her genius cousin loses to him. We know he isn't made of plot armour after the Shokugeki against the teacher so it's not impossible for him to lose here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

Tiramisu posted:

The candy he had with Sakaki is still a Chekov's gun waiting to be used. Obviously he put candy in the rice and it'll ruin the great meal they just had so the judges will vote in favor of Alice because Soma can't not try gross combinations even when an important competition is on the line.

Oh god. His gross combinations haven't been mentioned/referenced in forever and I'm really starting to think you're right about this

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

The_Angry_Turtle posted:

This manga is way too nationalistic to have any characters who aren't at least half japanese.

Oh god, this talk of nationalism made me think I was in the Mahouka thread again.

HiveCommander
Jun 19, 2012

BlitzBlast posted:

Looking at the stuff that gets emphasized, I'm pretty sure this manga assumes the reader knows absolutely zilch about cooking.

I cracked opened and separated the whites from the yolk by using the egg shell! Then I beat the yolk with a spoon and added seasoning! After I heated up and oiled my pan, I poured the mixture in and waited!

Voila: œufs brouillés

It helps me out a lot, I have no clue what on Earth anyone's doing as far as cooking goes without being shown.