Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Finally, a Shounen Jump manga I can read!

Soma reminds me of 80s shounen leads who are already freakishly strong at the start of the story, removing the need for bullshit training arcs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Man the depiction of food is so good it looks so lewd.

Now I am hungry for cabbage.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Compendium posted:

That was a pretty good one-shot! Somehow, I feel like that's an even better start compare to the official manga's first chapter. It at least gives the main character a degree of mysteriousness that makes you wonder about him more.

Agreed. This Souma was really cool, it felt like they toned him down for the series.

(Or maybe it's just his build.)

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Angry Grimace posted:

Shokugeki no Soma has been picked up for U.S. print versions. However, it will not appear in the digital Shonen Jump because the foodgasms were considered to be too lewd.

The official translated name is "Food Wars!" Yes, really.

How has food-based manga fared in the US? I'm afraid that the bland title might totally put people off.