Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I love this series. At first I read it because it's Food Manga meets H-Manga (the artist was originally an H-artist), similar to how Toriko is Food Manga meets Fight Manga, but now I read it because it makes me hungry and the character depictions are simply amazing. Now they add this warm and fuzzy on top? The writer for this series is a genius! I'm seeing this thing to the end, no matter how terrible it gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jwang
Mar 31, 2013

Eej posted:

Man, that poor turtle. gently caress Chinese cooking. :smith:

In that case, don't bother eating chicken, pork, or beef, because they are killed just as coldly. More so in fact, since most of it nowadays is automated, and the efficiency of these factories at killing animals would probably be something that a genocidal maniac would salivate at. Modern day grocery shopping has removed all the gross and "cruel" parts out of getting your food, so killing, gutting, skinning, and so forth is no longer necessary as long as you're willing to pay the money. It still doesn't stop meat from being delicious though, so I'll continue being as omnivorous as my ancestors.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Well the thing is his father took the surname of his mother, who is a nobody as far as the cooking world goes. The only people who knows who his father is are the Polar Dorm folks, and I doubt they'll be feeling charitable towards Mimasaka. It's part of the reason why so many people are surprised at how good Souma is.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
Damnit, I was expecting "YOU HAVE SPRUNG MY TRAP CARD!" moment, and instead they give us this three-way battle royale. Also, no mass reaction cosplay makes this chapter even more lackluster. Still good fun though.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
To be fair though, scent comprises a majority of our "taste" sense. This is why when you have a cold most foods are really unappetizing, since most of the flavor requires you to smell the taste.

As for food punching you in the face, I have no clue. That should go back to Toriko.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
New chapter is up on Batoto. drat it, such a cliffhanger. I need to just let this series mature and then consume it in one large serving instead of these bite-sized bits we're given.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
With all these sword analogies, I'm kind of surprised that nobody made that Musashi boat oar sword comparison yet. Maybe it will come next chapter?

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
For widespread food chain franchises, I'd go McDonald's, KFC, Starbucks, and Pizza Hut. Of the four, Pizza Hut would be the weakest, McDonald's the strongest, and Starbucks the Starscream of the group. KFC is just an old dude that wants to chill with his food empire, but god help you if you try to crack his secret formula.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
A functional family unit doesn't create drama! Of course it has to be dysfunctional or broken or some kind of not-normal. Unless you're talking about disgusting slice of life stories, you disgusting normy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jwang
Mar 31, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

Bitter melon is a literal food from hell that does not deserve to exist.

Bitter melon is a healthy food, so naturally it can't taste good.

It's good. Just like stinky tofu. Also an acquired taste.