Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Except she completely hates his guts and sees his flunking out as a good thing so why would she bother? And they're in the middle of their exam right now anyway, so even if somebody wanted to help him it's too late already.

I think Soylentbits is referring to the other main girl, Everyone's Mother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

c59

Mo_Steel posted:

My prediction is Souma gets a good score, but not the best score. That gives him meaningful rivals and allows him to continue training himself.

Either that or he tries something weird and it tastes loving awful and he loses big time but he just shrugs it off and keeps being awesome. :haw:

"Loses on overall score but wins on judges" was a clever way to finesse this, I thought.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

HiveCommander posted:

We know he isn't made of plot armour after the Shokugeki against the teacher so it's not impossible for him to lose here.

While true, this doesn't feel like a "protagonist loses" fight. It's in the middle of a tournament and it's far too relaxed.

I can tell from the panels and having read quite a few shounen in my time.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Punk Megumi. "This is flavour violence." "Eating food is a fist fight."

I think I have finally fallen in love with this manga.

Sonata Mused posted:

I want Megumi to make a dish that makes her punk.

Yes please.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

Souma's going to win because he's the only one to put the dish in context (cold autumn weather), isn't he?