Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
That gave me a good laugh, thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
it improved Erina, I'm optimistic

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm loving dying oh my god

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
On the one hand, noooo Alice

On the other hand, my girl Megumi's gonna steal a Seat, I'm okay with this.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I can't believe Souma's dad is gonna take over as the main character

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I like hot dad Jouchirou, so I'm down now that Bear Nuggets Arc is over

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
A tangy element in your burg really helps balance out the beefiness which might otherwise be too heavy. It doesn't have to necessarily be straight up pickles, could just chopped up in a tangy Thousand Island sauce for instance.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Kyte posted:

I... kind of despise pickles, vinegar, vinegar-based products, most spicy stuff and what little I've tried of you guys' salad dressings. Sorry.

how do you survive

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Crasical posted:

Speaking of burgerchat I just had my first In-n-Out burger and it was actually really good. Fries where kinda weird but not bad (floury in texture, not very crispy, not very salty), The burger spread is kind of amazing, I want more of it..

I'm a SoCal native, I consider it a blessing to live near four In-N-Outs within driving distance.

If you ever get the chance again, you can ask for the fries to be extra crispy and you can always get salt packets (their salt is nice in my opinion).

Freshly cut potatoes don't make for a crispy fry which is kind of a double edged sword for In-N-Out. On the one hand, freshly cut and freshly fried. On the other hand, you won't get the crisp crust and creamy interior that you'd get w/ a brine and/or frozen fries.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Eej posted:

Hisako is cute and cool and everyone has already forgotten about the part where she decapitates a live turtle to make the worst burger known to man

I'd eat it. I wouldn't call it a burger, but I'd eat it.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Unagi-don is good poo poo and so is unagi sushi.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
That's why we eat them first before they eat us.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I like Guy Fieri, he is actually a p. okay dude in real life

I will fight him about hating egg yolks though, what a weakling

Compendium fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Apr 14, 2017

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Oishinbo's pretty good art wise, the food pics are really good, but it is ironically like the uppity gourmet father character in of itself.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Eizen, I can understand being a joke because he literally did not take Souma and co. seriously and that reflected in his versus match with him.

This is ehhhhhhh /hand gestures

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

TheKingofSprings posted:

So Souma wins, because the loving stage they're in isn't heated during the winter making his hot food preferable to Nene's cold

Trust me, I've seen stupider reasons for a victory in other cooking manga /stares at Addicted to Curry with the spoons vs chopsticks

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Listen, I will bring up Addicted to Curry again and why this battle outcome (while it was boring for me), makes more sense.

In Addicted to Curry, there was a competition, as you do, and antagonist chef served his curry to eat with a spoon, while the main character served his to eat with chopsticks. That turned out to be the deciding factor for the main character to win because the metallic taste of the spoon interfered slightly with the antagonist's curry while chopsticks didn't interfere with the taste and also it was more ~*Japanese*~.

So what I'm saying is, there's literally nothing to get mad about aside from the fact that this was boring and I wanna get back to Naked Apron-senpai and eel monsters.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
We knew you well Eizan...

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
not orange enough and also doesn't have the palette of a 5 year old

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Isshiki's special ingredient is youth. Bright, shiny, sweaty, youth.

His dish looks and sounds super tasty and way more interesting than the soba dishes, I wanna eat it.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Just read the mangastream version. I feel like I'd switch around some translations, there's some word choice I prefer from the first link.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

TheKingofSprings posted:

"You are already fed"

New title thread please

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
"Other world" or "another world"

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
That's a misteak

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I don't claim that coconut water is any better or worse than Gatorade, but plain coconut water has about 2/3rds the calories of an equal amount of Gatorade, and I'm sure *somebody* could make use of the taste.

My friend made a nice slushie out of coconut water and lychee syrup, it was one of the most refreshing drinks I ever had.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

VibrantPareidolia posted:

Artichokes are a loving pain in the rear end to prepare and this chapter gave me war flashbacks to my old job when I had to clean and prep a shitton of them. Why do people eat these things, they're so not worth the effort.

I like artichoke hearts, especially in grilled sandwiches

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
I'm reminded of the pizza in Silver Spoon now.

They ought to be laughing instead.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Man why hasn't the title of the thread changed yet...

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
And gay for Soma dad

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Arist posted:

Laaaaaaaaaaame

Same.

Kyte posted:

As much as I'd love to see her win, I still feel she's not quite at the level where she'd win a straight contest like that one. She started further behind than the others who aren't just NPCs, it'd feel kind of undeserved. I'd rather see her uncontested win be the capstone to her arc than just wish fulfillment.

But good point.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
When it happens, it'll happen, it won't feel great now, but I think I'm willing to be patient since it shows that she hasn't been neglected storywise like it felt to me after the school festival

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Yeah, Erina is more tolerable now and even enjoyable. Being around the Polar Star people really helped out.

It's like hanging out with people that aren't assholes can influence you to be less of an rear end in a top hat, who woulda thunk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
It's only been up for about a year or so :colbert: (also I've done a crappy job at promoting it)