Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Doc Dee posted:

Do companion conversations only trigger in specific places? I'm on Coruscant, just got the Noetikon of Secrets, and as I was turning in other quests I saw Qyzen wanted a convo so I went to the cantina under Senate Tower, but he just keeps saying "Herald, must speak with you."

The Senate cantina doesn't work for conversations. Every other cantina I've encountered does, as well as the ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Is there such a thing as a cheap vehicle? Balmorra is feeling unpleasantly spread out. I don't care if it's one of those lawnmower looking ones.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

The cheapest speeder on GTN was 11,500, and then I remembered that at one point I bought a pack that included a speeder on another character. All I had to do was dig through the horrible collection interface to find it and grab it for this character.

EDIT: I don't have a character on JC. Is there any particular class that's needed?

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Dec 22, 2013

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

What do you get out of space combat? Is it like the solo missions, space commendations and XP? I tried the tutorial mission and the experience didn't impress me.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Who should I contact on JC for a guild invite?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Jedi posted:

It's best to post your name in the thread and one of us will usually get to you. This assumes you're not a subscriber and can't just /who Goon

EDIT: Holy poo poo! Thanks for the Battle Cruiser toy, Santa! And the clothes will go nicely on my Marauder as well!

There must be a few guilds with goon in the title because no one I messaged replied.

EDIT: Char name is Conree

Dick Trauma fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Dec 26, 2013

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Can I get an invite for Conree? I've been unable to find anyone online to invite me.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Are there any particular people I should contact for an invite?

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Theran Cedrax is Krieger from "Archer." Even has the holographic girlfriend!

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

They need to use the CoH approach for telekinetic attacks. In that game you'd hurl cars, filing cabinets, pool tables, etc. It had the feel of real weight to it.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

The Smuggler is good if you don't choose Dark options. Otherwise he seems like a psychopath, switching between Han Solo and a serial killer.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

How long until this idiotic event is over? I'm not spending 2,000 creds a pop to avoid this obnoxious thing.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

2,000 creds to avoid a stupid event is just dumb. I don't have much time to play games and I'm not interesting in spending my space bucks just because the devs (and most of the players) are idiots that think standing in one place for 15 minutes is the height of fun. Try clicking an objective when you're having a fit every 4 seconds.

Also the immunity buff is lost if you die, so that means I also can't PvP. It's a tedious, poorly planned event that makes me not want to log in.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Ways they could make the event not suck monkey balls:

1. Confine the infection to the event planet. There's supposed to be a quarantine, right? If they want players to spread plague all over then they should be fugitives in secured places like the fleet. THORN champions could be at entrances and patrolling for infected players. Infected players in secured areas could be flagged for same-side PvP so uninfected could join in. Infected could band together to break into secured areas and spread the disease.

2. Make the infection do something. Maybe being infected allows you access to restricted parts of the event, so there's actually a reason to want to be infected. Perhaps a small chance to temporarily become a rakghoul and do something during the event non-rakghouls can't. All it does now is make you cough, cough some more, then die. BORING.

3. The game is full of healers, you even quest on Taris for a cure. Add a quest to get an item to cure infected players. Let the healthy chase the infected the same way the infected are chasing the healthy. Provide a debuff so that anyone recently infected or cured cannot go through the process again for 20 or 30 minutes so we get a break from all the coughing nonsense.

4. Provide a mix of buffs and/or debuffs for all players depending on whether a secured area is mostly infected or mostly healthy. Tattooine mostly healthy? Get an XP buff. Mostly infected? Maybe a mix of buff and debuff so as to not penalize the infected too much.

There are many ways this event could be more than just running around coughing on people.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Can we get a wookiee mount that carries you around in its arms?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

Propagandist posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6A0rwG39Jzk

Darth Vader's voice in Star Wars swapped out for James Earl Jones's voice from other films. Probably posted before, but watch it again. I was in tears laughing.

Goddamn that's funny. Some of the dubs are just perfect.

• Locked thread