Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
EDIT: Invite acquired. Thanks!

Givin fucked around with this message at 04:06 on May 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Is the difficulty level around Taris still insanely curved like it was at launch? I'm going in at level 32 with all level appropriate gear on an immortal juggernaut and just getting my face stomped on simple ratghoul packs. I remember it being ball crushingly difficult on my imp agent but I figured it was more due to being a squishy class, but I'm taking the same damage as a tank here.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Looking for an invite for an alt. Names Slange. I still don't know how to /who That's No Goon proper yet.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

WarLocke posted:

Yeah I forget where it is but when I hover over an orange the pop-up window shows all the mods in it and their stat breakdowns. It's really drat useful and should probably default to on.

As far as oranges go, hell yes I love being able to decouple stats from looks. It's a little more cumbersome here than in some other games, but I found the most awesome Darth Vader mofo suit and am going to wear that sucker forever on my Juggernaught. :black101:

e: Check out the Sith Champion's gear on Tor-Fashion, that is Darth Vader as hell and I am just waiting to be able to equip the last couple pieces. :getin:

Note to self: Make second character a Cybertech. Maybe Operative? Stealth for easy questing and heals for FPs/raiding...

I leveled as a healing ops and it was painful as gently caress. But honestly it was probably my own fault more than anything. It was my first character and I expected the companions to be a little bit more beefy than they were. I also felt like ops didn't really get enough offensive tools fast enough as you level. It felt as if it was an awkward mix of ranged then melee skills, with none of the core abilities coming into play until my late 30s. I bet you would do fine plowing through Flashpoints now with group finder tho. I keep telling myself it will be baller to level all over again and do just that but it seems like a waste for me with one sitting at 50 that I don't even play.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
My biggest gripe about companions is I really wish there was more control over what they're doing in combat. So many times I'm focusing on killing minions and Jaesa will be loving about with some champ and then running over to another random mob and starting on that one.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
My only regret is that I didn't finish collecting the troublemaker armor like I had planned. Now it's way expensive. Ah well.

The assault cannon is the only thing I want out of these packs as well. Looks like I will save some real life moneys by not wanting to play space dress up barbie for a while.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I'd only ask for two things to be changed/added. One, smarter companion AI. And two, the ability to have more than two windows open at once.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I don't see why they would be invalid. You can get the 60 day block of time through their website, and they are still on Amazon.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I tried a Razor Naga for gaming when they first came out. The idea was pretty swanky, but I just found the mouse way too small for my hand. I couldn't hit the side buttons with my big banana thumb. It made me sad because I bet it would be a very comfortable mouse for people with regular/small hands.

However, I did find out it makes a kick rear end mouse for Final Cut Pro/Adobe Premier editing shortcuts. I hardly ever have to even touch my keyboard for anything.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
You'll get a quest to start the chain in Section X at 50.

I know it's old hat by now, but I really really dislike the HK 51 questline. No, I take that back. I enjoy every bit of the quest, except for scanning the dumb ground over and over. Talk about a severe case of linp dick after you get off the old droid factory ship thing.

Best advice for it, when you're going out to scan for his parts take friends with you to help scan because god drat.

And yeah, there are two flashpoint parts to it. One regular, one heroic.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I have a guild on JC Republic called <They Came From Behind> if dudes want a place to chill in. I'm never on republic tho so message Sethe over in Thats No Moon and I'll get some invites going.

EDIT: ^^ Oh did not see this.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I went 1-55 leveling as a tank jugg and recently switched to DPS. I like it tons better than tanking 55 flashpoints but I'm worried that I've hosed myself. Are DPS juggs even welcome in ops raid groups? Should I bite the bullet since I want to raid and look into one of the flavor of the month DPS classes? I know stuff can change at a moments notice but if I'm wanting to raid what would be the best way to do that in a damage role?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Thanks. I've been trying vengeance but I'll give rage a try and practice while I'm doing dailies.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Is there a guide somewhere that explains what happens when you rip mods out of the 55 com gear? I just blew 150 coms thinking the offhand sabre hilt could be used in a main hand slot.

The warning wasn't exactly clear about that when I bought it.

EDIT:

As an added insult, I accidently replaced my old 30 might hilt by mistake. Uggggggh.

Givin fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Jul 30, 2013

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Lesson learned. Ouch.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
You have to level the race up to level 50 or purchase the unlock with in game credits off the auction house or you can buy them from the cartel market.

EDIT:

Unlocking them means you can make any class with that race. Initially there are the old original racial restrictions in place for classes.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
EDIT: Woops wrong thread! Carry on WookieGoons!

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Is Noxxic still the place to go for a loose idea of builds for each class?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Someone offered me two of them in trade for my Cathar Honor Sword. Told him nope. Looked into them after the fact and I can't see any value in them at all.

I saw a few up on the AH ranging from 1mil to 5.5 mil. Still don't feel bad about turning down the trade.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Does anyone have a preferred method of spending their commendations at 55 to gear up for raids? I've read a few guides with various tips but they all seem to employ a strategy of buying gear on the way to 55. I plowed through 50-55 by only using makeb mods and saved all the classic/basic that I got along the way.

I'm running Oricon to get the purple set right now. I figured that would be a good place to start.

Givin fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jul 24, 2014

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Not really interested in this games PVP. Between flashpoints, Section X, Black Hole, and CZ-198 there isn't much time left in a day anyway. I figured I would have to do some at least for the Relics but I'll put that off as long as possible.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
I don't mind that. I guess I'm more asking for some advice on what are the smartest buys for comms at 55.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Oh hey that sounds like a great idea. I am on JC.

I did a /who Goon but i'm not sure if it's showing me what I want to see. Could someone toss Fondola a guild invite pretty please if you can?

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Can I buy the level 50 classic comm armor and rip the mods out of higher level stuff and put it in to keep the set bonus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Givin
Jan 24, 2008

Blhue posted:

I guess you missed vanilla when the honor system first came out. People ground BGs pretty much 24/7 for Grand Marshall back then, and I don't think there was any real reward for that but the title.

The Grand Marshall / High Warlord weapons were on par with raid drops up to Nefarian if I remember correctly. I know the High Warlord Razors had a higher min/max damage than Perdition's Blade at the time.

• Locked thread