Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Login servers be broke, oh boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Anyone got a reasonable guess as to about how many credits is takes on average to get a certificate? I don't care much about the mounts, but I need about a dozen certs to get the items I want.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I dunno man, I'd kind of like Bioware to realize they're really bad at vehicle minigames and stop subjecting people to them.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I got one in about 200k spent. Didn't get all the certs I wanted, but I got a black hoverdong.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Could I get invited to the guild? On as Xi'ern at the moment.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Pretty much the definition of MMOs up in here.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Splash screen says 1st through 7th. That starts it on Tuesday, which is weird, but whatever.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Nipponophile posted:

Watching the SWTOR twitch streamabout Strongholds right now. Scantily clad male Twi'lek dancers confirmed as decorations.

The goon ship is just going to be the functional items and then those filling every other available bit of floor space, isn't it?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Just got a new computer, patching up and poo poo now. Hopefully it runs this game better than the 4+ year old alienware I was using before.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
As long as entering any new zone more complicated than my ship doesn't take me more than 10 minutes, it'll be an improvement.

Edit: holy poo poo, I was the first person to load in in KDY, rather than the guy who sheepishly initiates conversation last. Gonna like 'dis computer.

Blhue fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 4, 2014

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Someone got real mad and ragequit late last night over it. Forget who though.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

TheCenturion posted:

I've heard it gets better after chapter one. Which is about where I stopped playing. Gotta get back into that.

Ye gods, I wish there was an accelerated playthrough type options. I want to try, say, a lightside sorcerer, already gone through darkside sorcerer, but shudder at the thought of going through all of the sidequest grinding yet again.

Just doing class quests and flash points works reasonably well, I've been doing that with an operative over the double xp week. Only problem is your comm income has difficulty keeping up, but stripping mods out of gear in fps alleviates that some if you get lucky with drops.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

ForeverBWFC posted:

So I caved to my inner geek and decided to get this game (F2P for now). Is there a handy newbie guide anywhere so I can get up to scratch before inflicting myself on a goon guild?

The game's pretty drat simple, I'm pretty new and only recently have started checking out guides for endgame gearing, where it starts to get more serious. The only things that aren't self explanatory are some of the stats with more obtuse sounding names. Surge rating is for better crits and alacrity is basically haste. Your class will use one offensive stat (Strength for warriors, Willpower for inquisitors, Cunning for agents, and Aim for bounty hunters) and Endurance. The other things you'll want will depend on what role you try to fill in groups.

Blhue fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jul 13, 2014

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I hit 50 on Seb'reene last night so I'm this close to being a real person.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Man, was that the sealab planet? gently caress that planet.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Dr. Tough posted:

Is there a "correct" way to set up one's action bar as a healer? Should I have two action bars set up, one for healing and one for solo PvE and switch between the two? How do ya'll do it.

As an operative healer, I just have one action bar I use for both. Cooldowns and stuff I don't need to use constantly are on sidebars that I click. I'd probably use a dedicated healing one for ops though, as I do have a few things I click now that I'd probably want to hotkey, and I don't think I'll be using overload shot or throwing grenades as much there as I do in flashpoints.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

I said come in! posted:

The raid tonight was a lot of fun, someone even got their character to level 55 during the raid. I got 5 upgrades too.

I gots some nice stuff, hit enough basic comms to buy something good too. Don't think I've even been 55 a week and I only have one piece with any components below 156.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Swiddlefiddler posted:

Anyone know if I could realistically farm enough rep items using only one character (if the gree event is level 55 only that is) to be able to get the champ weapons in one week? That gray helix lightsaber is purdy.

Don't get "gree"dy! Ho ho ho!

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
They get less common at high levels, but fucktards will always be around.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Do we have anyone in guild who can make the 180 rating skill barrels? I'm close to having all the mats (just need 75 comms to buy the isotope-5, and that's not hard to get when the weeklies just reset).

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Super. I'd much prefer that to hoping some pubbie doesn't make off with my parts, and those guys who spam fleet about trading completed barrels for mats are never around when you're actually looking for them.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Medullah posted:

Just shout out in fleet. Even if they're not shouting themselves, they're there. I wanted to get one for my sniper so I did a shout and got like 9 whispers in 10 seconds.

Yeah, turns out this is true. Called out once, and had a guy offering instantly. Do these guys do this hoping to crit and get twice the barrels?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Nipponophile posted:

Dear That's No Goon:

I hate running Dread Council.

Please just go out and buy crafted barrels/hilts so I will stop having to run it.

Thanks,
Your Guildleader

I did that but I'm not in the tues/thurs group anyway so moot point.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Givin posted:

Not really interested in this games PVP. Between flashpoints, Section X, Black Hole, and CZ-198 there isn't much time left in a day anyway. I figured I would have to do some at least for the Relics but I'll put that off as long as possible.

Getting 1400 wz comms pre-55 so you don't have to contend with the shitlords in the 55 bracket is a good idea. Kinda too late now though.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
How expensive are the strongholds and expansions themselves?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Tezzeract posted:

Strongholds look awesome. Can't wait to bling the Nar Shaddaa one out. Looks like Tatooine is a bit out of my price range though.

Its okay. Would you rather live in Space Vegas or Space Arizona?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

KittyEmpress posted:

Hey a friend of mine wants to start playing this again, and I'm not subscribing for now. Any chance one of you would like to give me a referral link to give to them? Thank you.

P.S. I will also be wanting them in the guilds thanks. She is not, in fact, a jerk or rear end.

http://www.swtor.com/r/3F7j6X

There ya go.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Oh god is stuff happening while I'm not home?

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Browsing through it, seems the majority of it amounts to "have shitloads of the blue/purple mission skill mats". And the rank 7 junk is just used for the pvp related decorations, and thankfully aren't used for that many different things.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
25 bucks for storage space, booya space grandma, sign me up. Yeah no, I'll stick to mailing poo poo to alts. Maybe stick crafting mats that are usable by multiple manufacturers (scavenged stuff and sliced tech mostly) in the free slot legacy bank.

Blhue fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jul 28, 2014

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I submit there is no more satisfying way to kill groups of mobs than Orbital Strike followed by stabbing the crowd to death while they're on the ground.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Probably yeah. I know the NPCs you talk to for the quest aren't normally there, at least.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
If knowing vanilla wow era internet slang makes you a grandpa, I must be a fossil of some sort.

Also, anyone over the age of 13 that unironically uses "U mad bro?" should be castrated.

Blhue fucked around with this message at 16:41 on Jul 29, 2014

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Just spent 99% of my rep tokens (have one purple one left for next week) and only got a little bit into hero. Sadface. Have to wait another year or so to get a bitchin' gun.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Was there anyone in guild needing to do Alchemy of Evil and the last two macrobinocular quests? I just hit the heroic portions of those earlier tonight, and would like to get them finished sometime.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Dr. Tough posted:

I've been wanting to do Alchemy of Evil for a while, I'm fairly far into macrobinoculars too. I will however not be on today or tomorrow...

Well good then, I'm in no real hurry. My quest log isn't going anywhere.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Also you can't use quotation marks to tell it to search for a specific group of words, that would be just silly for a search engine to be able to do.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

Nipponophile posted:

Maybe for some people. I, on the other hand, have been stashing away crafting mats for just such an occasion. The only thing I need is legacy storage to consolidate the important ones.

I've been keeping my companions occupied gathering the blue/purple quality mats for a bit now. Probably gonna profiteer off of it rather than make much though.

I think its goddamn hilarious that the game is gonna basically have interior design leaderboards though.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
I assumed it was used to make red blinky lights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib
Man, the health food fads on the Star Wars space internet must get pretty weird.

Edit: haha holy poo poo, my phone's auto correct properly capitalizes Star Wars on its own. Thanks apple. Next can you get this poo poo to assume if I want an apostrophe in well or hell I'll drat well put it there myself?

Edit again: So today we learned that The Alchemy of Evil sucks and you should never do it. Yup.

Blhue fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 1, 2014

• Locked thread