Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Medullah posted:

Do you have basic comms? I would start with buying as much of the basic tank set as you can. That'll be a decent start.

I can help you figure out what gear you should focus on once you're geared as much as you can. If you're not 60 yet with your tank, then you can go through Rishi/Yavin and get a set of 178 stuff.

Ultimately, at least from an Assassin perspective, the crafted mods/enhancements at 186 are leaps and bounds better than what you get from the basic gear vendor. I ended up making mods and armorings once I saw my stats.

Augments are hugely important as a tank too, because it's the easiest way to shuffle around your Shield/Absorb/Defense to get to "optimal" levels.

So is 162 the best you can buy with the basic comms? What's PVP gear get up to now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ainsley McTree posted:

Ugh. Don't tell me there's actually a reason to get him now. I don't want to do that quest!

At least you can solo it all now.

Only thing I've tried to do solo and failed is the macrobinoculars last boss.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Fargin Icehole posted:

Gameplay wise? I enjoy playing the bounty hunter Mercenary over an operative. Bounty Hunter you are just blasting everything apart, and your first companion is a healer. I absolutely love playing as a bounty hunter.

I got a sniper to 20 and hated it. Always felt 'stuck' in once place.

Has anyone leveled both a tank guardian and assassin? I love my guardian, but really want to try an assassin. Just don't think I have the skillz.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Dunno-Lars posted:

Having a jugger and shadow, they are both pretty easy to tank with. Jugger/guardian have more defensive cooldowns to play around with, which I feel make them more survivable, but that might just be something I'm imagining. Both are viable for all content.

The main skill required for tanking is situational awareness. You need to know which enemy in a group to engage in other to hit everyone with a AOE, you need to be aware of who the enemies are targeting, be ready to peel enemies off your healers or dps (dps can deal with a single mob for some time). You are also expected to know boss tactics, but since tanks are rare enough, just tell them you don't know and need it explained. Most people are grateful just to have a tank, even more if it's someone willing to learn before the wipes start.

Cool bananas. Thank you.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Eimi posted:

My biggest problem with the story is its all set up, no pay off. Taking on Revan and his gang of super bff best pony friends wasn't really a monumental task, in fact it was kind of a beatdown. Meanwhile all the setup about the Emperor and what his actually coming back would do to the Empire and the side quest for Warrior where you blow up the Hands droids, is interesting, but nothing comes of it.

Also Lana should've been a companion so I can have my space waifu a healer that isn't Quinn.

You are me. I really liked that space lesbian.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Thumbtacks posted:

I wonder if you could solo EV (with the exception of the puzzle boss)

Not sure you can solo the council in time

It doesn't let you enter ops alone.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Chickenwalker posted:

Yeah the pubbies in this game are assholes, especially considering the appeal of this game is supposed to be the story. They get unholy pissed if you don't hit spacebar. Part of that though I think is that everyone still playing is badly addicted and leveling their 100th character so they've run the same flashpoint 8 million times. I can understand it on KDY, but the other flashpoints not so much.

Is better on the RP servers. Unless you're doing ops most people are pretty chill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Ainsley McTree posted:

Do people try to role play in flashpoints, or do they give it a rest there?

Thankfully, I've never encountered any serious rp'er, aside from on the fleet.

• Locked thread