Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Having only 2 DPS per groups tends to make the wait time for them incredibly long, yes.

It's a shame they didn't do the reusable dye system the way GW2 does. People go insane trying to get rare dyes when they can use them as much as they like (at least on that character).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
And some people wonder why LucasArts isn't around anymore.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Rand Ecliptic posted:

Can someone explain to me how equipment works in this game? I searched the GTN for a new blaster pistol, level 1-24, and literally didn't find one. Someone told me that I should buy some level 1 pistol and upgrade it all the way until 55. So I'm to stick with the same equipment and just upgrade it? How does that work? I don't understand the different levels or types of equipment. What's adaptive equipment? And why is there PvP gear? Do people switch out of their regular gear when queuing for war zones? What's the point of that?

Why is the equipment system so needlessly convoluted? I'd prefer just earning my stuff though mission rewards like I've been doing, gradually upgrading older gear.

It's not too confusing, but it's very poorly explained and they've been top-loading a few additional things on there recently that I'm not familiar with. But just to go over the basics:

- Any gear with orange text (and a few with purple text but don't worry about that) is moddable, which means you can add in various parts that contribute stats to it or change the color of weapon effects, as well as remove those parts for a variable cost; what they mean by a "level 1 blaster" is likely a moddable one of any level, because as long as the parts you're putting into it are good enough, the stats will be good enough for any level.

- There are three types of armor weight (naturally, all classes are meant to wear a certain type of armor): Light, Medium, and Heavy. There's also "Adaptive" which means it can be worn by anyone and there's no worry of potentially losing stats as long as the parts you put into it are good enough. All adaptive gear as far as I know is moddable, and typically any special sets of gear (like anything bought from the cash shop) is adaptive.

- Like World of Warcraft and a few other MMOs, PvP gear has a specific stat (here called "Expertise") that just makes you better at PvP-related things. So people who play both PvE and PvP will have separate sets of gear for either.

You can still do what you're doing with just upgrading your equipment over time through mission rewards, most of this stuff you're hearing about is pretty much just for endgame anyway.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat
Man, I was really wanting to do some credit-farming at that one area on Makeb where like a million chests spawn near each other, but now I'm lucky if I don't find an Empire dude with insanely-good gear grabbing them first and killing me on sight.

• Locked thread