Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Kintch posted:

And...here's another one if anyone wants it!

http://www.swtor.com/r/8y2plz

Snagged it, thank you much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Stan S. Stanman posted:

I guess preferred players have access to GSF now? It's making for some lopsided matches when 2/3rds of the other team has access to 1 scout and 1 strike fighter.

I still only have access to that,but then I don't do the thing constantly. At least my units are somewhat upgraded, but I still hate gunships.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

vanbags posted:

What tree would you say is the best for leveling a Sniper?

I've been playing Engineering. I don't have any fancy mouse or anything, so I probably don't use half my abilities. But it seems like my biggest problem ends up being when I draw aggro off my companion, unless I use Kaliyo.

Course, I'm only level 41 and only started playing a couple months ago, so I'm not exactly a font of knowledge.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Dunno-Lars posted:

She should be a ranged tank, so you must be doing an awful lot of damage. Or do you have her in DPS stance? Or is she very undergeared?

Well she'd be undergeared now, I've been using Vector since I got him for the most part, and he has the issue of being in light armor of course.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

StashAugustine posted:

Tried to name a Chiss Agent Star'che'relin in the nerdiest Archer joke ever, but it says it's an invalid name, what gives?

The game is REALLY weird about apostrophes, I can't get any of the ones I can type in to work,but if you use the random generator til you get a name with one in it and copy it from there, it ought to work.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

OKay, so I just got to Voss and well....is it just me or is the framerate there absolutely awful? I'm getting framedrops constantly, even after turning all my settings down and having no such issues anywhere else, except a tiny bit on Alderaan.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Dexo posted:

Preferred is essentially the game at launch leveling wise. If you do all the quests on the planet(besides the heroics) you will be slightly ahead of the leveling curve

Not to mention that, if you play all your characters a bit during a double xp weekend, you'll end up able to skip an entire planet's story or two. Not your class quests,but the story on the planet.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Minclark posted:

I recently heard they had flying around that wasn't on a rail like the old flying missions. How is it? Viable pvp or is it halfassed? Think someone with a considerably high ping could be reasonably good?

*downloading update could take all weekend*

High ping is a death sentence in GSF sadly, your weapons won't be accurate, you'll crash into things and die.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Alter Ego posted:

Anyone else on JC experiencing connection issues?

Seems there are so many people on it trying to get back in that it's clogged. My friend is stuck in an endless login loop.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

OzCavalier posted:

IIRC, you need to create a Legacy (which is unlocked at level 10) before you can access the Legacy unlocks for purchasing most species otherwise you need a level 50 character of that race to unlock it for free. Most races cost 1.5million credits or 600 Cartel coins (except Cathar, who are only available with cartel Coins and are thus available account wide, not Legacy [server] specific).

Well you can buy the Cathar unlock off the GTN for about 400k credits, that's what I did.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Quick travel charges? Really?

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

I grabbed the Gold Scalene armor and the Pistol, I like them both. Hopefully whatever's next is nice too.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

KittyEmpress posted:

Nope, instead we get a republic gunship for Starfighter.

Because that mode isn't completely dead due to people with fully upgraded ships camping every single queue.

Yeah, lame. THey should have put them both on sale at once instead of wasting space.

Or better yet, not wasted space at all because GSF got terrible after the first couple weeks.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

500k down the slot machine drain. Got a handful of the Golden Certs and blew up a machine. Got the blaster pistol for my smuggler and the cannon for my trooper. I really with the sniper rifle was anywhere as cool as the blaster rifle. Oh well, I have a blingbot to float around carrying my coins now at least.

No Rancor or Magnus, compared to my friend who got his Rancor within 50k.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Ainsley McTree posted:

Ok, at this point hands up if you don't have a rancor mount, this is kind of ridiculous.

I'm not even trying for one and I'm still like "come on"

I don't have one after close to 500k.

But I did break a machine!

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

HapiMerchant posted:

So if F2Ps get "launch -25%" xp gain, prefs get "launch" xp gain, and subs get "launch +25%" exp gain, what's this popup i'm getting at level 20 saying i earn reduced xp if im not sub? is it just a reminder of the system, or is there a further drain at level 20?

I think you get launch exp til 20, that's all. Otherwise people would get way too frustrated too soon.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Tezzeract posted:

The funny part is that it's no purps for gear <50. You can equip the Makeb/raid purples.

Well that's likely because you have to give some kind of money for Hutt Cartel to level past 50.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Dr. Tough posted:

Is there a "correct" way to set up one's action bar as a healer? Should I have two action bars set up, one for healing and one for solo PvE and switch between the two? How do ya'll do it.

Having two to switch between is the only way I could even imagine doing it.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I'll always respect that the smuggler's stun is kicking somebody in the balls.

And it works on droids.

I'll never cease to be amused by that. Or by the fact that you can Force Choke droids.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Burt posted:

Thanks for the advice. I will have to start and use the Doc a bit more and just let him heal me through I think.

I had absolutely no issues using Lokin as a comp for my Sniper from the moment I got him. Might have been a couple of sticky spots, but otherwise I did just fine. Granted, I got a bit overleveled from a DXP Weekend, but still, it works out pretty well.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Medullah posted:

Dammit Bioware all I wanted was a giant Sandcrawler.

I got one in my first crate, and proceeded to accidentally activate it instead of selling it.

All I wanted was the transforming speeder..which they changed from Red to Blue for some reason.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

darth cookie posted:

Looking for a little advice from the SWTOR veterans. I apologize if it's been asked before (because I'm almost certain it has but I'm not going through 350+ pages to find it).

I'm currently replaying Kotor 1 and 2 and I'm looking for more. I realise this game is set some 300 years (ish) after the events surrounding Revan and the Exile, and I'm looking for another engrossing KOTOR story to sink into. As the chances of KOTOR3 are increasingly remote as time goes by, I'm wondering if SWTOR can run as a decent substitute.

Couple of things:

I only really care about an engrossing story to meander through. I give no shits about gear, raiding, grinding or grouping. I realise this is somewhat of a problem considering this is an MMO. Having said that, I'm lead to believe that SWTOR is unusual in that there's some substantial focus on the stories of the characters compared to other games. So I want to know if its possible to treat this game as a single player experience and try and roll through the stories of a character I make.

The other thing I'm curious about is what happened to Revan and the Exile after Kotor 2. I've read some stuff on wookipedia which suggests that Revan survives and sort of becomes a cult leader and even the exile makes an appearance as a force ghost or something. So my next question is if there is any storyline stuff associated with that.

So yeah, is this a viable Kotor 3 single player experience, or am I poo poo out of luck?

The class stories are basically like playing a KotoR game, but for it to be a pure sequel and to pick up the plot threads from the previous games (like Revan and the Exile), you'd have to go into the raids to pick up the entire overall plot.

I'm not trying to discourage you, most of the class stories are really good and totally self-contained. I know that the Agent, trooper and Sith Warrior stories are all pretty solid, I haven't finished any of the others personally though.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

The real problem I've been having with turbo leveling is how fast my gear is falling behind, and the difference is noticeable on my Shadow. My alts can only make so many mods to put into her armor after all, and I only have so many credits.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

jerichojx posted:

It seems I am stuck at 99.9% download and I can't play my old characters without 100%.

Does anyone what I need to do?

Close out the whole game and restart, it does that once in a while.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Cythereal posted:

That's only the smuggler. Operatives favor stabbing people with giant knives, sometimes electrified.

My first 55 was a Sniper, and even then it was satisfying to just stab a Sith Lord in the face every so often.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Alderaan is the worst because I always get framerate drops that I don't see anywhere else except parts of Voss, no matter what I do to fiddle with my graphics settings.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

pentyne posted:

Gating off the taxi stands requiring that you get all the connecting stands or the one you find at the rear end end of one map is inaccessible by any of the stands at the starting area of the map is still bullshit, especially when several of the stands don't have a QT marker.

And then there's Balsavis with two separate taxi networks.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Now I want a Gatling Lightsaber.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Stan S. Stanman posted:

I'm going to have to move mine to tattooine I think. It's just not working well on the nar shadaa balcony. Been trying to set ns up as my bounty hunter's stronghold with lots of random trophies on display from various things, including ops drops.

The Sandcrawler is the only thing to put on the NS balcony.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

WarLocke posted:

Someone needs to put the Theron Shan boots and gloves on the GTN damnit. :argh:

I'm not sure if I'll sell the pair I got or not, have to see how they look on some of my other characters first...

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Rincewind posted:

In this latest playthrough I haven't encountered anything worse than Republic Taris (even Imperial Taris seemed a bit better), but I played Republic Taris in like 2012 and it brought my old computer to its knees.

I get that on Alderaan for some reason. Place just drops frames like tetris blocks and it's infuriating.

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Devorum posted:

I'm tired of the Imperials for a while, and want to play my first ever Republic character. What's a good storyline/relatively pain free class to play on that side? My main on the Imp side is a Sorceror, so I kind of want to avoid the Consular...or the Sage, at the very least.

Credit-side Smuggler is pretty great, you get to be smarmy and do whatever gets the most money, which ends up being mostly Dark Side stuff. Heck I just finished the Gunslinger story today. You're a turret as a Gunslinger, but stuff just dies so fast.

Trooper is good too, I played an LS Commando myself. The story is about what you'd expect. You're an elite soldier, so go kick rear end and do soldier things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hunter Noventa
Apr 21, 2010

Propagandist posted:

Most of the reason people play on RP servers is because XxXLeetdudeYOLO is less likely to be there. They aren't interested in roleplaying usually, just interested in filtering out certain people.

This is pretty much why I played WoW on an RP server back in the day.

• Locked thread