Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Siegkrow posted:

aye, same notebook.

Is it connectibg to the net at all? My old HP laptop keeps randomly disabling my wifi...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

I just finished Chapter One with my Shadow. Even if it's technically sub-optimal, I said "screw it" and went Light Side for all the Save the Master/Kill the Master choices...except on Taris, because gently caress that guy...including saving Parkanas at the end of the Chapter. I went Dark Side on every other choice to represent my girl focusing her will exclusively on her mission...beating the Plague. Everything else has her slowly losing it to the Dark Side. By keeping Show Dark Side Corruption checked you even get a character who looks as weak and sick as they say she is after each use of the Shielding Ritual.

It's kept me stuck at Dark Side II for ages, but who cares? It makes for a better story, I think.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Cythereal posted:

Holy poo poo pubbies have been dumbasses all week in KDY. This place isn't hard and can be done in twenty minutes, so why do so many pubbies insist on turning it into a giant slog?

A lot of them are doing it, or certain sections of it, for the first time. Maybe if you told them what to expect and helped walk them through it, it would only take 30 minutes instead?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

That is a problem, I grant you. :sigh:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

I'm on a RP server, Beregan Colony, since that's where all my toons were back when I started this crazy game back in 2012. And yeah, I'd say that I haven't had much trouble with pubbies, nor too many ~ASSHATXIII~ named characters running around. There do seem to be a lot of "!DarthMalak!"s around for some reason, though.

With some of my characters running around on Alderaan I do kinda miss being on a PVP server whenever I run across someone from the opposing side in the Contested Valley, though. But everyone in my now defunct guild back in the day wanted an RP server, so even though I'm the only Kessel Midnight Runner still active, I'm stuck on a pure RP server. I mean, yes, I could do a server transfer, but I've got nine toons on Beregan, most of them at least into the '20s, and I ain't dropping 1800 cartel coins a head to move 'em someplace new. :sigh:

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Always a danger, I grant you, but even back in WoW, at least through Cataclysm which was the last time I played it, you mostly ran into guys near your level trying to level up or trying to do the area tower control stuff. Some of my favorite WoW memories came from random poo poo that happened in contested zones. Worse comes to worse if you get camped head back to the med center and do another quest or switch toons. :shrug:

I'm just saying it makes me get a little twitchy driving past some Jedi when I'm playing my Sorceress and all I can do is pretend I didn't see the guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

Nerd Of Prey posted:

I've been playing on an RP-PvP server since launch, and it's got pretty much the perfect combination as far as the community goes. People generally know how to play, but they also enjoy the story and don't give you poo poo for watching cutscenes. Faction balance has always been better than average, too, because Republic appeals to a lot of roleplayers. Best of all, the threat of physical retaliation weeds out the worst idiots on the RP scene.

The only problem is that the sole remaining (US) RP-PvP server has an incredibly small population. Big enough to function, but juuuust barely. My ops group has exactly 8 people, so we're screwed if one person has a thing to do that night.

That's Jung Ma, right? Maybe I'll roll a toon there, but I dunno if I've got the patience to start from scratch again. Especially since all the legacy stuff I've got will stay back on Begeren. :sigh:

• Locked thread