Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011
:norway:

:iiam:

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

We're primarily republic, though we have a mild presence on imp side (rarely if ever anything organised though). Raids and events daily on republic side though! I can drop you an invite any time after half 5 UK time today.

I had no idea there were others out there! Can I please have a invite: Incredibely , 43-ish scoundrel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

Sure, ill invite you at around 6pm GMT today or later, as I'm at work until 5. Once you guys get to 50/55 we can run you through some ops quick as anything and get you geared up. We're mostly in full 72 (the second highest tier of gear) so when we do story or hard mode runs we rarely need any of the drops!

Ahh, wrong name I gave you.

It is Incrediblely , as the correct spelling was taken :)

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Boiled Water posted:

Are there any EU goons playing this game or am I left to my own devices?

Red eclipse here. Astamem on imperial side, Incrediblely on republic. Though Gta5 is taking most of my gaming time.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

So, is that a server problem, connection problem or something else?

Happens randomly. It is only on my screen, my friend can't see it. And it is really annoying. Only seen it today, but I would love for it to stop...

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Rascyc posted:

Customization kits are just an equippable item for companions. You can equip/unequip them whenever you want and they're tied to specific companions. The vendors are spread throughout the galaxy so just google search a bit to find one you want, if you want any at all since they can be pretty drat ugly.

But as a f2p or preferred, you need a unlock for it. Either character or account, don't know.

If it is the same as with purple things, you get to keep what you have equipped, but can't re-equip if you take it off.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Worked great!

Joining the gravy train.

http://www.swtor.com/r/rYGVg2

Sorry McGann , didn't see your link! Use his first.

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Nov 27, 2013

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Just Another Lurker posted:

UK player here but i get less lag (120-220ms) playing stateside :iiam: so JC is home though fairly solitary timewise but that suits me just fine, besides........ it's goons. :cheers:

Send an email to your ISP, it might be some routing issues that they can fix. Or you live on Bermuda.

On Red Eclipse, I have a couple of characters in DevNor for Empire, and NorDev for Republic. Great guild, lot's of nice members and pretty active.

If you want to join, I'm sure I can convince them to kick inactives. Astamem or Oxel on Empire, Incrediblely on Republic.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Whoever has that auto referral site can take mine off, I have all I need. Thank you all :)

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

Awesome, thank you!

I have a question about equipment: Is orange gear so customizable that it could theoretically last you the whole game?

Basically I just want to make sure I understand the system correctly before I go blowing all my credits on orange gear & mods on the GTN.

Buy green or blue armorings from Gtn, and use planetary commendations for blue mods and enhancements. Buying it all from Gtn can be expensive, and green items are good enough while leveling. You can often find blues for the same price however, so make sure to check. Upgrade every 4 levels, the odd ones (11, 13, 33, 47 etc)

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Tiny Chalupa posted:

I am SLIGHTLY outlvl'd for Durnomd Kass(the 2nd bounty hunter planet) I am 17 as a Powertech Bounty Hunter.
In terms of what colour the quest are, I am colourblind and hate the mission/crafting setup lol.

Just to mention. You can outlevel content so they turn grey, but if you are colourblind, you can also check out the quest reward in the log. If it's less then 10 exp, it is grey and to low level for you.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Hunter Noventa posted:

I've been playing Engineering. I don't have any fancy mouse or anything, so I probably don't use half my abilities. But it seems like my biggest problem ends up being when I draw aggro off my companion, unless I use Kaliyo.

Course, I'm only level 41 and only started playing a couple months ago, so I'm not exactly a font of knowledge.

She should be a ranged tank, so you must be doing an awful lot of damage. Or do you have her in DPS stance? Or is she very undergeared?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

KnightLight posted:

Yeah, but who should I move? Should I just stick to the Powertech (my highest level Imp) or is it worth moving a Republic character over?

My Guardian has by far the most stuff, but from what I understand, the Goon presence on Jedi Covenant is mostly Imperial.
To be honest, the Jedi Knight story was my favorite, so I'd probably be willing to play that through again just for the nostalgia.
I'm mostly just bringing over a character and a bunch of convenience unlocks.

Maybe a bit late, but move everything of value to whoever you transfer, then move him. I'm fairly certain you get inventory and credits, not sure about cargo hold. Bound stuff from your 55 can be mailed with bind on legacy gear, like the pilot suits from GSF sub launch. Sell crafting materials you can't fit in inventory.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Catsworth posted:

Is the final boss of KDY always the same or is it random too?

It's random.

Have the daily commendation reward for doing it with groupfinder reset for anyone? I'm still not elligble for it after doing it two days ago.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Click a referral link for a free transfer if you are sub or preferred :)

Did Explosive conflict two days ago as healer scoundrel with a random group, except the other healer. Had done it before as a off tank, and that made me the only one that had completed it, and thus the natural leader. I have never lead anything like this before, but sure. Wiped us twice in the minefield before I understood it and people stopped stepping on mines, but we did great on all the bosses. Felt awesome afterwards! Helped that tanks and dps (except the newbie that just hit 50) was well geared and understood tactics. The newbie did great considering expectations, died only once outside the minefield. Great fun! It was only 8 man story mode, but hard enough to organize when never lead before. And scoundrel healer is pretty OP. Kept people alive that shouldnt have made it, or I feel that way. 50 hp left, emergency medpacks galore, full HP.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Medullah posted:

What are the exact mats needed for the 34 barrels/hilts? 2 MMGs, 10 exotics and 10 isotope 5s?

Someone said 2 - 8 - 8 for a hilt, not sure what the blue thing was. Probably what you said.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Wait... So there is a reason to upgrade the armoring in my jugger tanks shield generator? Shield absorb and chance didn't go up, so I figured it was just STR and END improvement and a near waste compared to DEF mods and enhancements.

Also. Stat distribution use a total for how much of each. How do I find out that total? I think it's called stat budget?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

That target-of-target thing... Where do I turn that on?

Looked through preferences, but can't find it anywhere.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Do Bioware crack down on people using names similar or the same as in the movies? I thought there was a rule against it, naming yourself Luke Skywalker and such.

And thank you for answering where target of target where, made it a LOT easier to tank. Knowing by just tabbing around that all mobs are on me and the other tank was great. You instantly know when you have to taunt something, because the name is different. Why is this not on by default?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Dr. Tough posted:

So how do I suck less as a Juggernaut tank? The last flashpoint I did I was getting mowed down left and right and I've had a lot of trouble before then too. Before anyone asks, yes I am in tank stance and yes I did have guard up on the healer. Right now my MO is to force jump to the target mob or if there's a group closish to the middle. Hit it with a sundering assault, then smash, then taunt it, etc. This seems to work fine with single targets until I inevitably die from too much damage (and yes I do bring up saber ward!). With groups they seems to just scatter everywhere and it's hard to gather them all up without any kind of AoE taunt.

What level are you?

Jump in, smash first, then go on. Dps should focus on a single target, so hitting things once should keep them on you until dps starts. Saber throwing remote mobs and jumping into groups, smashing, force scream at someone you missed and force choke another. Then attack things evenly to keep them on you. Sweeping slash is a decent alternative as well.

For survival, good healer and gear is important. Stack defense with some shield and absorption, unless you want to go all out on guides. Improving you weapon/hilt helps keep aggro.

Aoe taunt a bit into engagement and using saber reflect is a great boost in aggro generation. And saber reflect can be abused so many places, like the lightning things dropped during second boss in Explosive Conflict. Try it out on everything, it's nearly broken good. You get it at level 51.

Jugg tanking is great fun, abuse saber reflect, choke things and go nuts.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Dr. Tough posted:

Well I'm only level 28 so I don't have all of the fun stuff that you mentioned!

edit: I should probably point out that I'm on the rage tree

You have no business queueing as a tank if you are not tank speced.

Read through the thread and see all the stories about horrible healers, tanks and DPS. Stop being one of them.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Crindee posted:

How often do you get set as a DPS instead of heals/tank when you do that? I've never tried it, given the ratio of DPS to non-DPS I kinda figured there wouldn't be any point in bothering.

I queued once with my scoundrel set as both, since I was always grouped up as healer. This was in my newbie days, and imagined it to be automatic or something.

Queue pops, and I am DPS. Heal speced, with another scoundrel as healer. This was before I had field respec, but we did fine. Noone died at least, but things took a bit longer. Luckily, scoundrel have pretty good DPS even as a healer, would have had a lot more problems if it happened in my jugger tank.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Ainsley McTree posted:

After 35 levels of convincing myself that I liked healing, I wiped twice on HK47 on the Foundry by healing so bad* that the other players left the group and decided to switch to lightning spec. It rules and I don't think I'm ever not being a DPS ever again

*I'm not 100% sure it was my fault; I was doing nothing but healing, sticking to bubbles, resurgence, innervate, and dark infusion like you're supposed to, but I just couldn't keep up with the damage, it was spread too wide across the group. Frequently I was getting hammered, sometimes even by the boss, no less, and it was all I could do to keep my own drat self alive. I suspect that maybe the tank or the DPS weren't doing their jobs right on that fight, but I also don't super remember how it works, maybe threat gets randomized and I just don't remember.

There was definitely a part though, where in the middle of the goddamn fight the tank was running into the far corners of the room and disabling generators for the bonus objective—maybe she thought it was part of the fight? I'm not sure, but I'm fairly positive you aren't supposed to do that, which leads me to believe that the wiping wasn't necessarily my fault. But I was level 35, which is the lowest that group finder will let you be for that FP, so maybe that was too low to be healing? My gear was all up-to-date (except that I forgot to update my earpiece or wear any implants; can't have helped I guess), but I dunno, maybe that was it.

Still. Lightning forever. Having almost literally infinite force power is a blast.

Not your fault at all. You are probably the reason you even got that far, and should pat yourself on the back. Try again, and pay attention to the tank. If he/she sucks, ignore them when you are done. Dps should also have picked up mobs that attack you when they saw the tank sucked... Ideally, you should have kicked the tank though.

Go back to healing, don't let one bad tank ruin it.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Jazzy Jones posted:

Are there any goons on EU server on republic/empire side? I feel like rolling a character to experience some Republic and Empire stories which I haven't did when the game launched ages ago.

Some are on Red Eclipse, but there are no goon guilds. I was invited into a guild by a goon once, but I quit and found another. Wasn't max level yet, so couldn't really participate.

My guys are currently on Red Eclipse, and in the NorDev (republic) and Devnor (Empire) guilds. Great guilds, active chats, regular ops, lots of helpful people. If you join and see me, tell me you are a goon, and I'll throw you something. Astamem in Devnor, Incrediblely and Zyme in NorDev.

If you really want to play with goons, and don't mind playing at weird times, you can play on the US servers. You'll get a rather high ping, but that is fine in this game.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Jazzy Jones posted:

I don't mind pubbies if they are okay. I will poke you soonish I guess and thanks :).

I am not a recruiter myself, but I can probably get you an invite. If you want one faster, just yell out for anyone in Devnor at fleet, there is usually someone there. 30+ people online when I play in the evening, often more. Usually always someone on during weird hours as well. The guys in there are great, and will help you out if you need it. When you get in, tell me you are a goon, and I'll see if I can throw you something. If nothing else, I can tank or heal some flashpoints for you, or introduce you to ops by running Explosive Conflict, which is a great intro and pretty fun.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

At least that puts you higher up in the queue for a new one. Still a lovely thing to do...

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Tezzeract posted:

Are people interested in guild/group PVP? Not sure how it's organized, but it could be a lot of fun.

Is the gearing progression still TFB -> S&V -> DF/DP?

No, gearing progression is Oricon story -> DF -> DP

TFB and S&V are both good ops, but redundant gear wise with Oricon handing out good enough gear.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Dark side sith inquisitor is pure comic book villain evil. Kick the puppy, then eat it infront of a baby, then eat the baby style evil.

It's awesome!

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

I am sort of scared of hard modes... Most likely because I prefer to tank or heal. As tank/heal in arcanian and above, which hardmode is the easiest introduction? I have healed EC and TFB as scoundrel, main tanked EC a few times, lead EC, off tanked S&V, TFB, DF and one I don't know... A level 50 one with the hutt robot making GBS threads fire.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Followthrough is level 30 and series of shots is 36 or higher. 35 on mine and still no SoS. Followthrough is just so good with the reset talents. I am often disappointed with doing to much damage, because I only get to do a single ambush rotation. Hitting for HUGE numbers is fun!

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Black Griffon posted:

I play a knight on the Republic side, because I honestly care more about story missions and space barbie than PvP, but I feel like I'm missing out on content when I play alone, so are there any European guilds that aren't loving horrid? I guess suggestions for both sides are welcome, because I'm probably rolling an empire class of some kind once I hit 55 with this one, and if I need to change servers, I want to know which one I should stick with.

If you are playing on Red Eclipse, Devnor for empire and NorDev for republic are great guilds. I am a member in both, and had a goon join. He claims it felt just like a proper goon clan, whatever that means. Great people, regular raids, usually someone in chat even in the off hours, lot's of activity during the evening. Raids are super relaxed, noone really yells if you mess up. At least they don't mean it, and they seem to make sure you are in on the jokes before they start. I don't have invite powers, but just search for devnor/nordev and ask someone to throw you an invite. I'm Astamem/Zyme in Devnor, and Incrediblely in Nordev.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Medullah posted:

Good chance I won't make funday, got a friend coming over to help with yard work then we're doing dinner so likely won't be on

You are really just going to gamble on a alt, aren't you? I feel sorry for you, and hope you get that rancor :(

Anyone pubbed some ops? How is the bolster? Enough to counter baddies? I am especially interested in tank bolster, do you get optimized stats, or just better of what you have on your current gear? Can you queue a full group and still get bonus like with flashpoints?

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Jun 15, 2014

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Insert name here posted:

Thanks! I'll make sure to remember that next time so I don't make a fool of myself again. :v:

So is there a downside to using viroblades as a Jedi Knight? I kinda want to make a gimmick Knight that runs around in Republic Trooper armour and a viroblade and smash stuff, but if viroblading it up screws you over I guess that plan is nixed.

No downside, and looks cooler.

If you go sentinel or marauder, get a couple of Ghamorrean axes, and look like a mad axeman.

A sword called "The Chopper" at level 49 looks really cool as well, made with armstech. Glowy bits and all, just buy it on the galactic market.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

omg chael crash posted:

Coming back after not playing for 5 or 6 months, still only level 25ish. Any quick tips?

Play a lot the week that is coming, with double experience. Delivering quests will be your main experience income. You can skip class stories during double experience, level as much as you can and then catch up later. Take advantage of the experience boost.

If you have cartel points, get rocket boots, upgrades for it, upgrades for quicktravel and when you can get all 3 upgrades for fleet pass, get them. No point getting one or two, you want all or nothing.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Have they come out with an ETA on 16m ops again? 8 man pug is ok, but double adds some fault tolerance.

When I did TFB as a tank, we failed several times at operator XI or whatever, and one of the dps left. Requeued, and we got a tank for replacement. So we had 3 tanks, 3 dps and 2 healers... What was up with that? I field respeced and put on my three pieces of dps gear, and we made it through, but still. 3 tanks?

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Givin posted:

Can I buy the level 50 classic comm armor and rip the mods out of higher level stuff and put it in to keep the set bonus?

Yes, the bonus follows the armoring.

You can rip out just the armoring, and stuff that into something.

lovely formulating above ^^^

The armor itself, the shell, does not contain the set bonus. The armoring, the moddable part you put in, contains it. You can swap out mods and enhancement, but keep the armoring, and keep the set bonus. Replace the armoring, and you loose the set bonus.

Dunno-Lars fucked around with this message at 12:22 on Jul 24, 2014

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Stan S. Stanman posted:

I think he was asking the other way around. The set bonus stays with the armoring. If you put higher level mods into the classic comm set (because you like the look or whatever), you lose the set bonus when you pull the armoring.

That is true. I formulated myself very poorly, and stand corrected.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Nerd Of Prey posted:

:siren:Warning: Don't buy a guild stronghold!

It turns out they are functionally inferior to personal ones in some important ways:

You can't give keys of any level to non-guild members. There's no such restriction for personal ones.

Players of the other faction can NEVER visit it. The toggle that says which factions can visit literally does nothing, because it only shows up in public listings for your own faction regardless of setting. We even tried setting our republic stronghold as empire-only and empire players still couldn't see it. You can't send invites/keys cross-faction because there are no guild members of the other faction to send them. With a personal one, your republic alts can give keys to your republic friends, your imperial alts can give keys to your imperial friends, and everybody can chill together in there, even when you're offline.

In the livestream Q&A's before launch, the developers said repeatedly that guild strongholds could be named, like flagships. Not only is that not true, but they don't benefit from the "label" system of personal ones. You can't set the owner or call it a "temple of darkness" or anything cool. The name can't be customized AT ALL. It just says, headquarters: guild name.

By default, guild strongholds don't show up in public listings. People have to use a hidden drop-down menu to filter their search by "guild" instead of "personal." There's no "both" option. Most people won't even realize this, much less take the time to do it. No matter how cool your place is, nobody will visit it.

Can't place your companions. Not even in naked hologram form! And if you want to use your mounts, pets and trophies, get ready to shell out a lot of credits. In fact, as far as decorations go, you are actually pitted against your own guild in a competition for resources and rewards in this hosed-up system.

The only benefit you actually get for paying many, many times the cost of a personal stronghold is the ability to give people "gold keys" so they can help you decorate. If they let us have "gold keys" for personal strongholds, guild ones wouldn't need to exist. And they already shouldn't, because you are literally paying extra to LOSE features!

My guild is really sad right now. What a colossal waste of money, time and resources this worthless thing has been for us.

They are also super expensive, and you need several expensive upgrades to actually have room for people. Basic Dromund Kaas can only have 5 people in it at a time I believe, which is useless in a 450+ person guild.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Gelf posted:

I purchased at launch and played the poo poo out of this game. Then upon getting a new computer realised that my account was tied to an obsolete deactivated uni email address. So it wouldn't let me log on with my strange new computer without an email verification process, which I could not access. There was no way to chance my email address without having access to my old one,because apparently triggering this verification process locks down everything until you do it. I tried explaining it to their "tech support" 4 times and each time received an infuriating auto response from a "protocol droid" wanky email that was not even remotely helpful, then gave up. I am told the only way to fix it is to get up during the middle of Australian night time and international dial an American helpline number at premium rates and be placed on hold for 30mins and have to explain the whole thing all over again to someone who doesn't give a drat.

I really enjoyed my time with the game but they just don't want to let me play anymore. Sucks considering I purchased the game and subscribed for ages prior to F2P and even for a while after it went F2P. I feel dirty. :(

You can call them with Skype for free. Did it to have my security key removed after my phone broke. They picked up pretty fast, and it was very smooth.

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Pulled a friend through the sith warrior story with my level 55s, and we got some fun reactions with a level 20 sith warrior with no advanced class having level 40 missions on Hoth. One dude believed me when I claimed that it's because subscribers get benefits.

Having the last companion in his level 40/rating 80 gear on Balmorra is pretty powerfull. It is his level appropiate planet with the bonus and end of planetary... Maybe we will finish part 3 just because. Takes ages, because he pulls aggro from miles away.

Fun fact: Getting dowm from the Quesh orbital station requires you to take the planetary storyline, which is not available at level 18. But with a guild flagship and the "summon group to location" ability, you can totally cheese it :D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunno-Lars
Apr 7, 2011

Catsworth posted:

So uh, I went back to finish the Corellia planetary mission line and accidentally abandoned one instead of resetting it. And now I can't get it back. And Customer Service won't help me because apparently "We are sorry that you have encountered an issue with your mission, however please be advised that we currently only offer support for class story missions."

Anyone know if there's any way to get it back? It's the second mission, Into The Fire, that you pick up from Darth Charnus. Except he's in a phase that it won't let me in since I'm not on the mission.

I think that you can't get that, and have to go pick up the next in the chain or something. When I am overleveled and skip planetary stories, I can usually pick up the next in the series on the way.

• Locked thread