Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Thinking of playing this game, but mostly for the story/single-player aspects. Is this worth my time? Are the story quests substantial and is there a strong narrative thread throughout or can I expect to be doing a lot of "collect 10 gundark anuses for no apparent reason" quests?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

pentyne posted:

Doing a lot of collect 10 x for missions. Plus you missed the 12xp class bonuses that would've let you skip the grindy parts of the game.

One of the F2P players in the Rep guild went from level 39-42 in the same time that it took me to take a trooper from 1-55, and has to basically run flashpoints/grinding quests for hours after each story mission to not be underleveled.

Well the idea is to enjoy the game slowly over time, not race to the finish. I'd just like to play it more as KOTOR 3 than an MMO. But I don't want to play a game that's going to force me to grind mobs for three hours to be able to take on the next area when that's about as much free time I have every night.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I picked a crappy time to get into the game then if that's the case. Combat with my Juggernaut is a joyless slog.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I am way overleveled and it feels like all of my class missions on Balmorra take like 3 seconds to complete. The dungeons are only two or three rooms deep. Is the solo game ever going to get anymore involved than this? I feel like all of my story missions are glorified sidequests.

Also, whenever I run flashpoints or heroics people get really irritated and want everyone to spacebar through all the dialogue. I mean, I want to know what the gently caress is going on and what I'm saying. It's depressing.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to use the Gunship in GS? I was trying to stay at the edges and snipe with my cannon but I couldn't really hit anything, and it's really not very mobile at all. Can I get a range increase on the cannon?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

The Corellia comms vendor on fleet sells a droid part for 4 basic comms that vendors (after 2 hours) for a little over 4k credits. Basically you can convert a stack of 1000 basics into 1,000,000 credits, if you have the time/bank space for the parts.

This is really smart and great. Thank you! Which part in particular is it?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
With those stats does that mean that 40% of attacks would do full damage, 20% would do no damage, and 40% would do 2/3s normal damage?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

GuyUpNorth posted:

Marauder with Vette is perfectly viable, as long as you bring a healer for gold mobs or kite the hell out of them to avoid damage. Melt 'em before they do any real damage.

What's the rule with this? Tanks take DPS companions, DPS take healers? Is there any rule actually? And what is the difference between a DPS Juggernaut vs a DPS Marauder?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I hate Quinn and to a lesser extent LS Jaesa but in the early goings as a tank Jugg on Kaas I was extremely squishy when trying to solo Heroic 2s. I've now learned that these are basically impossible to solo unless you're significantly higher level than the mobs anyway, but that frustration with getting killed really quickly with Vette still sticks with me. Should I give her another shot since I actually have the skills to tank now?

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Nipponophile posted:

So last night didn't work out for us due to turnout. Several of our regulars are M.I.A., and we seemed to have a shortage of position players (tanks, heals). I'll do another interest check this weekend and see if that works out better, as well as try to run my Sorc and Jugg to 60 so I can maybe contribute or something.

I'm at 53 right now on my tank Jugg, I should be 57 soon. I just can't do Tue/Thur because I work late.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Once I finish my class storyline is the expansion stuff pretty good storywise? Also I love how I did groupfinder after 50 and ended up getting False Emperor and spoiling myself on the whole Ilum plotline.

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Yeah, a major JERK

HAHAHA

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Ugleb posted:

As a relative noob, I can tell you that many SWTOR players are really intolerant of new players not knowing what to do. I actually got kicked from several flashpoints for asking questions or even not skipping cut scenes when I started so went back to solo play for quite awhile.

And people call EVE's community toxic...

Yeah the pubbies in this game are assholes, especially considering the appeal of this game is supposed to be the story. They get unholy pissed if you don't hit spacebar. Part of that though I think is that everyone still playing is badly addicted and leveling their 100th character so they've run the same flashpoint 8 million times. I can understand it on KDY, but the other flashpoints not so much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chickenwalker
Apr 21, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
I smeared a level 54 Guardian on Makeb as a level 53 Juggernaut and it was pretty satisfying.

• Locked thread