Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pex-Corrh
Oct 15, 2011

That thing, you have, I need it.

KittyEmpress posted:

Even as a healer doing 50/55 HM queues it takes 30 or so minutes. Are tanks hilariously rare?

Tanking in SWTOR is remarkably difficult compared to similar games*. Pulls are spread out, threat isn't guaranteed, AE abilities are on long cooldowns and not well contained or telegraphed, and a relatively large number of buttons you need to keep track of. I just got back in the game a week ago and still have two level 50 tanks which I was able to gear up completely with my gigantic stack of planetary comms and I'm still afraid to queue. I love tanking, but the thought of sitting in a Directive 7 experience and feeling like I'm failing for two hours doesn't help me click the button.

OTOH, if you're in That's No Goon speak up in guild chat before (or during) your queue. I'm much more willing to relearn tanking for guildies than pubbies.

*WOW, RIFT, and Neverwinter are the other three I have enough tanking experience to feel comfortable comparing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pex-Corrh
Oct 15, 2011

Okay, I'm hooked again. I could use TNG guild invites for Zerá and Nostera, too, and whichever sith warrior I decide I'm going to go the distance with.

Pex-Corrh
Oct 15, 2011

Like to add my alts Zerá, Isandero, and Nostera to TNG. drat this game is pulling me back in...

Pex-Corrh
Oct 15, 2011

Blasphemaster posted:

I hated having to fight Revan, especially as the Revanite. Wish there had been an option to go "Screw you guys, I'm siding with Revan!"
Same thing with me during False Emperor.

Pex-Corrh
Oct 15, 2011

Kaysette posted:

I also have an operative alt that just hit 10. Is concealment a viable leveling build these days? I'll probably respec heals later, but I'd rather solo pve as the sneakiest motherfucker around.

I leveled concealment back in the day and still solo in that spec, works great for me.

Pex-Corrh
Oct 15, 2011

Warmachine posted:

As someone who knows a great many of this type of sperg, roll a Pureblood Trooper. It never fails.

My Pureblood Trooper is level 20 on Taris and I haven't had a single tell or started a spergfest in chat. I am disappointed.

Pex-Corrh
Oct 15, 2011

SERPUS posted:

Is there a recommendation to which character perks I should go with? I'm sitting on nearly 500k credits, so I can definitely afford a few. I'm a level 25 operative and level 9 legacy.

Shuttle to starship is huge, so is field respec if you've got a class that can tank or heal (or you just like the idea of being able to change your spec at will.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pex-Corrh
Oct 15, 2011

All the talk about space apartments and space ships brought me back into SWTOR this week. Can I get a guild invite on my Operative, Natália? I'll be on later tonight figuring out what the deal is with all the junk I don't recognize cluttering up my bags.

• Locked thread