Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

THANKS FOR MAKING ME SPEND MONEY, T
Do companion conversations only trigger in specific places? I'm on Coruscant, just got the Noetikon of Secrets, and as I was turning in other quests I saw Qyzen wanted a convo so I went to the cantina under Senate Tower, but he just keeps saying "Herald, must speak with you."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

How often do quests glitch on you guys? I had [HEROIC 2+] Saving Face on DK and Crash Course on Balmorra both glitch out and not give me the "return to quest giver" objective.

It took me several tries with a group at 17 to do Saving Face, and it didn't even let me get the prize, and and I apparently still can't solo it at 20 with Quinn for heals. More and more Elite Fatmen pop out the woodwork every time I've tried that quest.

Basically, what I'm asking is, do I NEED heroics and the occasional glitched sidequest?? I just finished everything else on Balmorra, aside from the Bonus Series. Those comms make them look SO ATTRACTIVE, but if they're not gonna register and I can't solo them after a whole planet later, that sounds pretty crappy to me.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Gasoline posted:

PvP now is actually pretty balanced and quite fun. They added some new maps too! And as a bonus, Snipers are amazing if played right.

I don't see how it's balanced, one team is a group of organized high level guys with top-notch PvP gear and their own ventrilo server

the other is a bunch of lower-level randoms, mostly DPS classes, maybe one or two tanks and most of the time no healer.

If the matchmaking was better, I'd be more inclined to agree.

Ravenfood posted:

Holy poo poo, that level 23 Champion just crushed me at level 28. How many people am I going to have to get to be able to kill this guy? (Varus Logan, in Nar Shadaa)

I gave up on the Imperial Chief Surgeon or whatever at the end of the Nar Shaddaa Camp 27 Heroic. A Kolto Shell that heals upon damage?? Bowdaar can't tank because he keeps getting stunned?? :suicide:

Doc Dee fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 29, 2013

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

zenawowa posted:

My buddy and I just resubbed and made an empire guild <Ludicrous Velocity> if you want a spot to park your toons. We are a guild of 2 that has no real plans to grow to anything good. We tend to be on 10pm and later (West coast time)

Red Crown posted:

I'll make a Republic Guild for us. <Dead Goon Guild>

Character name Djan'Seriy, pst me and this will happen when we hit critical mass

I'm about to get on, I got two Rep guys and two Imp guys that could use the xp boost. Can I actually look up who's in a guild and send a message to them? Pretty new to how guilds work in MMOs, never joined them in the past.

EDIT: Apparently not, could I possibly get some invites to <Dead Goon Guild> for Kelaka and Orrdardez, and some to <Ludicrous Velocity> for V'abeth and Gekshorry?

Doc Dee fucked around with this message at 00:39 on May 31, 2013

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Goons posted:

healers not being healers and not enough tanks

For what it's worth, I've never seen this before, most of the healers I get put into FPs with are actually healers. Hell, last FP I did had two tanks, never thought I'd be assigned to DPS as a Powertech.

But then again, my highest leveled toon is 30, I have no idea what the top level guys play like.

Red Crown posted:

I have a winner.

Cademimu, Empire. Tank is a 27 Assassin. Brief gear check, I see he has the full Eradicator's Suit and a shield, okay, we should be good.

We wipe about halfway through. This guy just loving melts by the time I CC the droid. Right before the first boss, we come within an inch of wiping again - me and the other DPS are saved by my Bleed Heals (:black101:)alone. Somehow, a bunch of mobs from earlier in the area aggro from 1000M away and wipe us out. Then it happens again. I figure it was a bug, so I get us to all regroup at the bottom of the first elevator to try to clear it out. Me and the tank make it first...and he proceeds to attack the set piece group of mobs fighting. Just me and him, no heals.

I call him on it. He vehemently denies he did this. All caps, he even /angry 'd at me. I realize now there was no bug, he was just accidentally running into piles of mobs after respawning.

We get our poo poo together and fight the first boss. I tell everyone to only attack the human enemy, since killing him kills the droid and the droid is a bitch. The tank melts and dies, and I get the human down to 25% by the time I realize the other DPS is happily working on the droid. We wipe.

We regroup and I inspect the tank on a hunch. He does indeed have the full Warsuit on. However, he has no mods whatsoever installed. Total armor? Less than 100. One of the group pulls random medium armor out of his rear end to try to help him, I just take over as tank to finish the boss. Things go okay until the healer gets himself caged (after I explained to the group how to avoid it) and we wipe, I GG and leave.

Why

Why would you GG?

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Wow, the interface for buying Cartel Coins is ridiculously terrible. Charged me 60 bucks and gave me no coins.

And now I get to play the waiting game on the phone.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Bored Grunt posted:

Supposedly they'll just tell you it can take up to 72 hours to complete and to be patient. I bought some over 8 hours ago and still waiting. There's a forum thread going and they have acknowledged there is a delay they are looking into.

The biggest part is the "charging me 60 bucks when I only wanted 20 bucks' worth" part.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

CommonSensei posted:

I was actually just about to post to ask whether there is a nice-looking chest piece that a Scoundrel can wear that isn't busy like the end game stuff is, and this thread kind of turned that way. I've been using the Esseles piece since level 10, which I do actually like. Hoever, it doesn't have a dye slot and it makes other gear (particularly pants) an unpleasant color if you match them to that chest piece.

There's a version on Nar Shaddaa (or possibly even Coruscant or Taris, I don't remember) that's dark blue and brown, instead of that olive drab color. Looks 50 times better, imo.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Stan S. Stanman posted:

My scoundrel is sporting the Gunslinger's Prototype Jacket. There's a screenshot at that link as well. I just checked and it's not dyeable, but it's totally not necessary! The pic is a little dark from that link. It's basically blue, with some tan accent pieces. When you color match your gear to it, the pants usually come out a light brown or dark brown color... works pretty well usually.

THAT'S THE ONE, I think it'll probably work out for my Gunslinger for the rest of the game, due to him being a Thundercat of a similar brown color.

Also, I had my first lootjacker in Black Talon today. I was an Op in a group with two Mercs and a Powertech, Advanced Skill Barrel came up in the chest right before going to the Brentaal Star, one of the Mercs also chose Need and ended up getting it. I asked if I could have it, he bailed on the FP right away.

This is the first "BAD" experience I've had, does it get worse as you level up?

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

goons posted:

Ord Mantell chat

But the thing is, this isn't the ENTIRE REPUBLIC ARMY THAT'S GOOD AND JUST, it's the corrupt Mantellian Army. Remember the quest where soldiers are sending refugees across a live minefield and betting on who makes it across, and the drunk ethics officer barely gives a poo poo? Or the one where soldiers kidnap an old man's daughter and beat the poo poo out of her because they attended a rally or two?

Taking meds away from them and giving to the refugees they've been exploiting sounds pretty decent to me.

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Section Z posted:

Also, if you use Lightning as a life saving defibrillator you are still evil."

Force Lightning is a strictly Dark Side ability, according to Star Wars lore, if I'm not mistaken.

FAKE EDIT: "Force lightning ability was not restricted to dark-siders. Jedi and other light-siders who were strong of will and character could learn this power without falling to the dark side—but its use was viewed as inherently corrupting, and most Jedi Councils forbade its use."

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Technogeek posted:

Why the hell do people keep saying that Revan is female? Revan has been canonically male since 2005 according to Wookiepedia.

Same reason they say Commander Shepard is female.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Dee
Feb 15, 2012

Man, I love the GTN fluctuation. Saturday night Advanced Derelict-Purple Indestructible Crystals were about 100k, all day yesterday they were about 265k while I was fundraising, then this morning they dropped back down to ~120k.

Hooray for unstable markets! Also I now have a bunch of Regal and Relaxed pieces, and a couple Calo Nord joints.

• Locked thread