Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Are strongholds available permanently to those who were subbed by deadline? I'd hate to have to drop another 2-month deal just to enter my Las Vegas Nar Shaddaa penthouse to check it out, and can't be bothered to dig through released information for one specific question.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Off the top of my head, Operation pass if you're raiding. There's probably one for Flashpoint rolling per week, if you're running those. Third skill bar if he needs it, and most of the rest are cosmetics or irrelevant to gameplay. Especially if that no purples counts only for <50 gear.

GuyUpNorth fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Jul 16, 2014

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

The one with blubbering fishmen and trial of breaking a few laws. If my OCD about story order wasn't so bad, I could just jump in once that comes out.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

FrostyPox posted:

That was in the False Emperor FP. They changed that? That was so damned cool. I was looking forward to that when I hit 50 this time around. :(

IIRC, if you were a Powertech you could jump into the shaft and grappling hook Malgus with you and kill both of you, which is hilarious.

If you had a group where no one had inherent knockback, it probably wasn't so cool. Even if BW added some sort of grenade box.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

I already run my Marauder and Sentinel with their respective DPS companions. Things die so fast they don't get the chance to seriously hurt me. On the other hand, I stick to Tharan on my Shadow tank.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

If you subbed by either threshold for free Shaddaa penthouse and it lapsed, you should have those but get to access it by preferred period. If you weren't subbed by either, you probably won't get it and have to pay space shekels.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Did any of the alpha code monkeys ever explain their boner for tactical flashpoints? Sad to see the tank and healer reduced to mere convenience with casual content.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think both sides are canon. After you save him from Maelstrom Prison, I think he mentions something about running off to find the foundry. the Imp side missions take place after the Pub side, they're both part of the story, I think.

All I remember is that Revan does mention running off to find something Vitiate didn't pry out, or roughly so. Did Imperial Intelligence reports leak out or how did pubs learn about his supposed death anyway?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Bioware: Revan went evil because reasons.

Obsidian: Revan was stonecold strategist and did it all to prepare for eventual True Sith Empire, leaving valuable targets intact.

When TOR went to the very simplistic first approach, can you imagine the rage? Especially when KotOR 2 shat on entire franchise, and it was retconned or bastardized away. And we liked it for that ambiguity.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Least that teaser gave full look of genocidal Revan. Beating he got 18 levels ago seems to have at least damaged his robes and shattered that mask, or his head.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

KOTOR has that one sandcrawler broken down in the desert, but it was probably scrapped, looted and rusted away within 100 years. Czerka probably brought them back with concurrent mining operation when they found that mind trap.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Jedi Knight goes pretty much "You saved the planet. Oh, and there's another planet with a new Doomsday Device." Rinse and repeat for most of them, not that much different from your standard hero flick.

If you don't mind spoilers, you can check out the respective threads on LP forum for both sides - I'm personally biased at Warrior, especially on the lighter side of spectrum for rational Sith. And leaving Jedi gawking at you not being "Rawr Sith smash Jedi good!"

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I did DF through group finder last night with a sorc healer wearing cunning/absorb gear.

Nobody noticed until we wiped on Draxus in about thirty seconds.

Should I be amazed at stupidity of level 55 player still wearing completely wrong gear, or is that common with Kuat generation?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Allegedly Jaesa also depends on how you deal with her trainer and parents. Nevertheless, it's still awesome sticking it to Nomen Karr and being as honest as possible just to undermine him.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Tezzeract posted:

Yeah the fact that Hoth feels so desolate is part of the charm. There's a mixture of wonder and loneliness as you explore these huge spaces. The peak of the Starship Graveyard is a great vista.

I wasn't a huge fan of Alderaan, but the bonus series quests are a lot of fun. Alderaan could've used a bit more population.

Until you look at those nice speeder achievements, see the Hoth boss and just know it's a pain in the rear end to gather a group. I still need the 1 oversized yeti kill.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Class roles start to matter with second Flashpoint aka Hammer Station, when tanks get their first actual taunt and bosses require even some tactics. And it also has some surprises to catch people for instant death, like me with my first few runs with Shadow tank.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

bear is driving! posted:

Just redownloaded, made a new character. Played for five minutes and clicked a quest item, and got this:

It's good to be back, I guess.

Such sodium. This was one of those "respawns within 30 seconds" nodes still apparently, which makes it even better.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Cross-Section posted:

Soloing Heroic 2+ (and even some 4s) quests with a stealth class is whole different affair, though; it becomes a pretty fun submarine-warfare-style mix of platforming, mind controlling/sleep darting mobs, and sneak giving-it-everything attacks on champion mobs before you pop the emergency stealth. Probably should eventually take a look at straight-up doing all of them so I can get the badass legacy title Galactic Hero.

We ran Athiss mostly like that when I focused on Scoundrel. Stealth, dart, wait for that elite to pass, run along the eddge etc. While it's not heroic, it's amazingly smooth and awesome.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Qyzen is all about his honour, hunt and such. Tharan... imagine Sheldon, I can say roughly. Full of himself, knows he's smart and tends to dislike any mention of Force (someone on the forums put it as something he can't examine).

I like Tharan, but I play a tank and he just plain works better. General nature of him also fits my Shadow with "common sense instead of Force" personality, as much as dialogue allows.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

In that case, yeah. Both tanks and healers tend to be in relatively short supply as a rule of thumb, probably accounting for both group role and solo content.

Speaking of that guild ship... how do I get the feeling it should be named like galactic strip club?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

At least Wookieepedia does explain that all Imps are presumably DS until someone of canonical authority specifies.

^ http://eatsleepsmashrepeat.enjin.com/forum/m/14394680/viewthread/11070380-getting-rid-bitraider-swtor-client-for-downloading one of the first results

E:

Medullah posted:

My work is blocking this so I can't tell for sure, but keep in mind unless the article is a week old or less it's no longer viable. They changed Bitraider this week so all the old methods to get around it are no longer true.

Scratch that, then. Didn't find anything recent with 2014 condition.

GuyUpNorth fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Oct 23, 2014

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Ainsley McTree posted:

This assault cannon is ridiculous (in a good way--and I'm not just saying that because the guy who designed it may or may not be reading this thread)

Say hello to my little friend, this light will warn you to escape quickly. It's so ridiculous it loops into awesome.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Just remember when it comes to cat-men, Real Barenziah contains some advice so that you won't be surprised. No matter what those silly imperial censors say.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Jaesa also stays basically the same throughout the game if you don't want to make her into crazy psychopath. At least Ashara has some semblance of change where she reforms her beliefs towards Sith philosophy.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Stalins Moustache posted:

Anyone on Red Eclipse EU, Imp side, able to invite my level 35 assassin into a guild? I used to be in an active guild, but it has slowly died out and I'm pretty much the only person online now :( Name's Husdyr, so just whisper me whenever I'm online.

Active goons play on US Jedi Covenant, so that won't be possible. Some eurogoons are apparently in nordev/devnor(?) but nothing official.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

I guess not. This might be "let's get people to play for SOR" promotion or some such.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Lord Something at Chapter 1? Might have been so, I had picked up that "interrupt or die" somewhere before I got there. So if I want to start an alternate legacy on the official goon server, I really have to pull some grinding motivation for Inquisitor bosses or some other class I feel like playing :negative:

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Ainsley McTree posted:

It's the final boss of the Consular story I think (also a big spoiler so let's not name it!)

I don't think he casts that one-shot ability that often, though...but yeah, it was a big surprise for me, because there are almost no bosses in the solo game outside of oricon that actually require you to pay attention to interrupts, I don't think.

Referring to Act 1 boss specifically, I just finished the obelisk interlude on Hoth when I last played Consular. I might even remember that final boss has similar mechanic if I finish her.

Otherwise most story bosses are pretty easy when it comes down to "keep up Kinetic Ward, do pebble dance when procs and taunt the boss to avoid them killing Tharan".

GuyUpNorth fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 8, 2014

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Thyrork posted:

Canon ending should befor the empire is the four classes (all varing degrees of mild dark to reasonable light) coming together with Darth Marr to share drinks and bitterly complain about how idiotic everyone else is. The honourable black knight, the well intentioned evil wizard, the pragmatic agent and the "im in it for the money" hunter.

Cue an epic adventure to fix everything while the republic looks on in mounting horror as a more reasonable, yet still tyrannical!, empire rises from the corpse of the awful one. :getin: Many worlds, fed up with the republic's bullshit, turn over to the rising empire. The power balance shifts, evening the scales.

At least, i hope thats we're were going from Makeb. :unsmith:

I know that at least Warrior can more or less say "infighting hosed over Empire, sink or swim now" to Marr at the end of Makeb. If only Bioware had competent writers to follow that plot thread, but Empire has to lose to maintain status quo. At least there's that one class-relevant mission where it may pop up.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

They better be, especially if you drilled that into them at every opportunity during Ilum.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Betting on how much tears there will be on forums if that "toughest fight ever" holds true? JK's you-know-who was apparently almost impossible before nerfbat.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Archaeologist companion you pick up relatively late, if I got that name and context right.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Or you can level a Miraluka to 50 with Knight or Consular and do it in character creation, but buying works just as well if you don't have interest in those.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Marauder with Vette is perfectly viable, as long as you bring a healer for gold mobs or kite the hell out of them to avoid damage. Melt 'em before they do any real damage.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Story used to be endgame to give it more value, but then SoR happened with Jesus Bot and yeah. Your opinion on whether it was for better or worse, but I hate when story is locked behind raids and I don't have latest gear to run them for chance of not dying at dirty glance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Republic in general is very black and white, while Empire can be pretty nuanced especially in Sith stories.

Best-regarded stories (for a reason) are Agent and Warrior. Jedi are pretty inflexible, Smuggler is pretty funny and that's where my personal experience ends. Trooper is basically Shepard, Inquisitor is about best if you want to flex your evil cackle while shocking people.

• Locked thread