Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Should I hit up Makeb at 47 on my first character? I've been told that's by far the fastest way to get to 55 at that point and I'm honestly a little burnt out on how slow Voss seems to be moving. I can just quick spacebar through the opening cutscene to avoid spoilers, yeah?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Tezzeract posted:

Now that 12X XP is over, this might not be the case since you'll run out of missions.

If you really wanted to turbo level, I think Ilum opens up and it's a small storyline tied to some dailies that give huge XP. Basically you're back to daily quest spamming (PVP, Flashpoint, daily quest hubs) and Kuat Drive Yards.

These are some daily hubs - Ilum, Belsavis bonus series, Section X, Black Hole and when you're 53ish, Czerka. The good thing about daily hubs is that the traveling is minimized and the quests flow pretty well.

And yeah I've been there too. The game feels huge and the story is a slow rolling TV episode on each planet. You'll get there soon enough - it's not worth stressing out about.

Just wanted to say thanks for the help :shobon: Think I'm gonna hit Makeb and explore for a little bit for some easy headstart exp and then I'll head off to Cordelia or Ilum.

Also yeah, I'll start taking it slower. Having lovely gear for your level in this game makes it way harder than it needs to be, and I really should just enjoy the story.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

I actually really like how the Sith Warrior can either "just" be an honorable Sith or basically just a Jedi depending on which light side options you pick. It's a nice distinction for Force sensitive characters who might disagree with the Jedi code but aren't super keen on mass murdering innocents, either.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

bonds0097 posted:

I wish there was something in between base leveling and 12x. 12x felt too fast, left you undergeared and made running dungeons a little difficult (because people were just blasting through the class story). I wonder if there isn't a happy medium.

Maybe a lower bonus that applies to everything instead of just class quests? That gives you the option of being able to at least cherry pick some of the side quests, so you don't have to bother with something if it gives you a companion offhand or a lockbox or something you don't give a crap about.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

I finished the Sith Warrior Act 3 and good lord that was satisfying. It took 40 levels to deal with Baras but man was it worth it.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

The expansion is being turned on for late pre-orderers with this hotfix patch, right? Doesn't seem like it got switched on at midnight.

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Series of Shots' animation looks so silly on 90% of sniper rifles though, like you're working an invisible lever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metallia
Sep 17, 2014

Rage is probably the best spec for levelling, even though it takes a little bit to get used to.

Warrior AOE in general feels super unwieldly compared to every other class' options, but i guess you can't win em all

• Locked thread