Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Companion previews seem to work now :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I recently made 55 and plan to tank on my guardian, but it makes sense to get the dps gear first and basic comm gearing is not a quick process. I guess that I can hope for tanking gear drops when I can do the 55 hardmodes, or perhaps would a set of pvp tanking gear be enough to start doing it?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

ContraceptiveCereal posted:

So here's a question. If you're a subscriber can you place your XP gain back down to non-sub levels? If you're playing with a non-subbing buddy you'll just level away from him, ya?

Have them use experience boosters. Seriously, the 3 hour 25% boost was down to 9.8k credits the other day and that was before this last patch that put experience booster packs on sale. If they use them and you don't, then you will be on the same level.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

What are my odds of doing the last HK heroic solo as a level 55 guardian with mostly basic gear?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Medullah posted:

The quest to GET HK? Not Foundry HM, right?

I did the final quest with my level 50 Assassin and I was fine.

Yeah just the lord of agony thing. Ok I'll give it a shot!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Nipponophile posted:

No, that's not how it works. After you get something in Collections, you spend Cartel Coins to unlock it for all your alts account-wide. Once you've done that, you can claim as many copies as you want for free on any character.

Ah good, I balked at 60 coins for each alt to emote xantha. But I'll gladly pay 60 for all of them to rock out.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

What is the best method of pimping out my lowbie alts? I hear about stuffing high level mods into legacy stuff but not sure how exactly it works. I think I have legacy headgear/chest/mainhand kits.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ajax posted:

I have a question that may or may not have been answered but I can't be bothered reading too closely as I am a terrible person. Also its more like 4 questions: When are the server transfers coming? Are they going to be free for a period of time? Are there announced server mergers happening around the same time? Have there been server mergers since launch?

I haven't played in nearly a year, but very keen to get back into it,

Server transfers coming in the next patch, should be soon. I highly doubt they will be free, unsure if it will be cartel coins or cash money, but probably cash money. There is a lot to get around with legacies and all that, so really need to hear more info from Bioware on it. I think the only planned mergers are the result of shutting down the Aussie ones, the NA servers all have really high population as far as I know. And yes, there were 2 (?) rounds of server merges.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Ajax posted:

Ugh I'm on the Aussie one, hopefully that means we get to choose a destination server.

Well if they are combining them into the NA servers, let me be the first to say gently caress Off, We're Full :smugdog:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

hobbesmaster posted:

You get as many copies as you want once you have something in your collection?

When it is in your collection, you can then spend a CC cost to unlock it. Once unlocked, any of your characters can have one. That's how I understood it at least.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

:toot: Double XP weekends :toot:

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Prices of non-endgame materials fluctuates wildly in pretty much every mmo ever. Probably a bit more so in SWTOR since people with cash are leveling alts and f2p'ers may skimp on the 2nd gathering skill or gathering altogether. So gather that poo poo, and put it up on the market for big money when it's supply drops.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Wow, some new effects coming with 2.2, the bounty hunter's new flamethrower is pretty awesome. This vid has it in it. New effects for shadow/assassins, and shien form for jugg/guards now has a 15% movement increase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5qtFzaRJSA

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Simon Draskovic posted:

I'm Preferred status right now, and am thinking of subscribing for a month or two just to help in leveling and selling stuff on the auction house. Is there anywhere that specifically details the exact benefits of subscribing? For example, the official Subscriber/Preferred/Free page says with subscriber you can expand your cargo hold by paying in-game credits, but doesn't say just how much.

The unlocks are put on the market by people, so the cost varies. Check out the cartel market unlocks section on the GTN, make sure you look for the (account) ones if you want to unlock cargo/inventory for more than just a single character.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Patch notes, get your hypercrates!

http://dulfy.net/2013/05/29/swtor-patch-2-1-1-patch-notes/

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Yeah Bowdaar may be better because you can send him in and he should keep everything bunched up for your AOE's. Also he is a wookie.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

CommonSensei posted:

I was actually just about to post to ask whether there is a nice-looking chest piece that a Scoundrel can wear that isn't busy like the end game stuff is, and this thread kind of turned that way. I've been using the Esseles piece since level 10, which I do actually like. Hoever, it doesn't have a dye slot and it makes other gear (particularly pants) an unpleasant color if you match them to that chest piece.

I leveled my scoundrel completely in drelliad chestpiece/leggings

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well that's nice at least, subscribers who have saved up cartel coins can just do it with that. I'd prefer if I could move a bulk of characters cheaper, but at this point I'm just glad it's in.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I think just the first batch of packs are going away. Anyways, here is the stuff in the new packs:
http://www.swtor.com/info/news/blog/20130611

That assault cannon is pretty sweet.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Let's say I transfer a dude from my old pot5 legacy that's level 25 or so, to JC and my legacy there which is level 20 I believe. I assume I would then be level 25, but does it automatically overwrite unlocks, combine them, or choose which is higher? Because my level 20 legacy has a good chunk more items unlocked.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Sweet!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Medullah posted:

Well, guess I won't be needing double XP weekends anymore...I'm pathetic.

Ah, but which of your children is your favorite?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

So if there's a goon movement to form a Pub guild on Jedi Covenant I'll tag along, because the Prime Defense guys basically just go on ops and group with each other now without and it's really annoying.

Yeah, I gave up after I was still a recruit after 2 months or so. I doubt we have enough to form a guild though, I was just going to focus on imp characters with TNG.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

It's probably not a great situation if the rep side Goon Squad guild leader is absent though, who is it?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Hahaha pocket sarlacc coming to the cartel packs. I can just imagine the pitch to make it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=95pefd50uus

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I like the changes to make it easier for F2P'ers. Not that they are major changes or anything, but hopefully it's the start of a trend to make the F2P model better.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Has anyone tried leveling an operative using lethality? I am concealment and oof, it can be rough. I'm not used to blowing cooldowns and having to be careful with silver mob packs. Love how it heals in pvp though, maybe level 43 is just a rough area for it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

hobbesmaster posted:

Run heal/right tree hybrid. Hide behind SCORPIO. At least that's what I did. Insert operative dps joke here.

One of the twitch streamers said that an op lead their raid group with 2700 DPS, that it's pretty good now at 55 if you know how to run it. I hope that was true, it's part of what made me pick the op back up. Love the story and companions, but don't want a char that is heals only.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

If a TNG inviter logs on, please toss an invite to Stammpy, my operative that might possibly finally get to level 55 imperial.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I thought the reason was to reduce the amount of abilities, which isn't a bad goal since there are no macros.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

My merc Eltoasto needs an invite to TNG if someone comes on soon :)

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

John Dyne posted:

I LOVE how the Smuggler story line loving spoils itself before you even finish it. When you get one of the last quests, it unlocks a codex entry that basically spells out the ending and reveals way too much of the mystery it'd been building... before the loving first chapter is even DONE. :saddowns:

Sorta sucks to have the surprise ruined just because you read the stupid codex unlocks. Oh well! Here's hoping chapter 2 is good.

My Jedi Guardian's ending was spoiled because I think they set the Makeb intro quest to level 48 and it pops up on your ship. I already knew the ending, but it would have been pretty lovely if I hadn't.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We should probably look for a home for our pub alts, since prime defense seems to be dead? I don't think we have enough pub players to make a guild, anyone know of any cool ones?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

StashAugustine posted:

If my presence is going to be really sporadic, is it still worth joining a guild?

A decent sized guild will give you a 10% experience bonus, so yes.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Sure, but you have to go through the effort of canceling it. The non-recurring just runs it's course and ends.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

So I've got some concerns with my marauder. I tried to solo the kingpin bounty at level 53 with healer companion and 59 rating armorings, the makeb planetery comm ones. Basically had no shot, I think I got him to half health while blowing all my cd's. Of course none of my interrupts work, and I got out of aoe damage areas. Is it just not balanced well for that level? Will I feel more powerful when I get to 55 and have basic comm gear? Or am I just a squishy DPS that will never be able to do the fun tricks that endgame tanks or healers can?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Alderaan is the one I picked, which may just be a really bad one for melee.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well this is the same thread started by a dude that never picked an advanced class as a gimmick, so we shouldn't judge TOO harshly. I continue to be kinda unimpressed with my now level 55 marauder. Maybe I should make the switch from carnage to rage now, but using a healer companion and still being half health after each pack is tiresome.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

HundredBears posted:

From a goon run this week: "It was easier when the marauders were tanking." Switching to rage would certainly help, but the class is resilient in all three specs. You might be running into gear issues since the Makeb planetary comms stuff is a little low for some of the solo content that you can do at 55. It's enough to finish the content, but might produce the trouble that you're seeing, especially if your healer isn't well-geared. You could also be having rotation issues. The carnage rotation is different at 51 than at 48, very different at 48 than at 45, drastically different at 45 than at 42, and quite different at 42 compared to 39. It's not that likely to be the problem because the changes are much more significant in long fights than short ones, but there are enough of them that you might not have figured out how to kill stuff as quickly as possible yet.

That's probably it. My guy has planetary makeb comm stuff, and the healer is in level 48 blues I think. Shouldn't have spent my first basic comms on a lightsaber, doh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Baron Porkface posted:

Can non-biomed characters use reusable stims if they but them on the GTC?

No, the reusable stuff all requires a level of biochem.

• Locked thread