Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WarLocke posted:

I might have to stop doing my daily FP/WZ/space stuff. I got to Nar Shaddaa at level 28 and had the Bonus Series available before doing any of the actual planet story quests! :monocle:

You might actually want to give this a try and see how you like it. I did this with a character, where I did just warzones until I outleveled a planet, and was able to focus entirely on just the story missions for that planet. It was a way better experience in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WarLocke posted:

Well, I haven't played this game at all in over a year, this is my first Imperial character (that got past the starting planet) ever, and I've never played the Sith Warrior story; I was kind of planning on taking it relatively slowly and experiencing everything on the way to 55, but doing the dailies seems to consistently overlevel me for everything else.

For what it's worth, i've done both factions and it's all virtually the same.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Correct, no auto-fire. They are probably long time veterans to the game that heard this argument non-stop during the early days. Your companion will act as your auto-fire basically.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Can you buy expansion with in-game currency? I've been considering coming back to see that content. I think I have around $15 worth of in-game currency though and never did spend it.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 00:23 on May 20, 2013

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

That stuff is why I did PvP until I out leveled a planet.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

It's best to still treat Old Republic as a game that requires a subscription. The only difference now is that it includes an extended demo and it's free to create an account.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

vyst posted:

I just picked up the game again reactivating my level 40 sorc. The one thing that surprises me is how well the engine works on not-poo poo hardware after years of playing World of Warcraft and banging my head against the wall at how the upgrades don't do dick for fps.

Lookin forward to playing with goons when the server transfers come up. I'm on The Bastion and I think there's like 20 people period on this server.

It use to be terrible on even high end hardware. SWTOR at launch was awful for most people. Terrible frame rate, and very long load times.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Oops, I am really stupid; I didn't realize the equipment from the Cash Shop does not work like typical cosmetic items in other MMO's. You can't put those items over what you have currently equipped, you need to first buy item modifications for everything to make any of it viable.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

CobiWann posted:

Just saw a <Goon Squad> tag on Jedi Covenant, Republic side. Did we make a guild of our own?

I don't think that is an actual goon guild.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I just picked up 4 weekly warzone passes for 45,000 credits a piece. :D

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Bad warzones are pretty common, but tonight has been brutal; back to back loses over and over again, but what is really weird is how badly the loses are, and how quick they are. Every time, losing to many of the same players and within a couple minutes. I had a few matches where almost no one on my team even got any medals because the matches ended that quickly, and were that bad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Team THEOLOGY posted:

Paid server transfers going live in a few hours. Just to be sure, consensus is JC right? That's where TnG is?

For Empire characters? That would be awesome because that is where my current main is, and I would like to ditch this guild I am in because it has the most obnoxious pubbies and I only joined it for the 10% exp gain.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Maintenance extended another hour.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bear is driving! posted:

For who? I'm in game right now, and I'm not seeing transfers in the Market. transfers are done from your account page on the website, not in game.

EDIT: Check your billing as well, I got charged twice for my sub yesterday. I just called support about it and they said they are doing a system upgrade and to call back in an hour.

I was just going off of what the official twitter said.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Win a warzone with 10 medals, get only 12,000 experience at level 50. gently caress this game sometimes. :/ And this is with Major Experience Boost, 10% guild exp boost, and 12% Warzone exp boost from Legacies.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WarLocke posted:

I think someone said earlier in the thread that warzone experience is directly tied to how long the warzone lasted. Get 6 goals in Huttball in 2 minutes, get lovely experience; draw the match out until it ends at 12 minutes, get lots more experience.

Okay that did happen, we steamrolled a team in about that amount of time.

The way EXP works in warzones has always been awful.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Kaysette posted:

I am honestly shocked that I was allowed to name my new black Republic alt "Djedi'unchained".

Gonna run around killing as many white Imperials as I can before I get reported.

Considering how stupid the playerbase is, I don't think any of them will catch on. That is a very clever name though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I really hate that I can't buy the level 55 pvp gear as I level up. :X Level 52, nothing else to spend my warzone points on, and i'm at the cap already.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WarLocke posted:

Are you capped on ranked WZ comms?

Oooh that's a good point, no, I am not. I was working towards to just regular WZ comms set. How do I even do Ranked WZ? The option is grayed out for me.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WarLocke posted:

I think you have to be Valor rank 40 or something, but then you just buy them like you were coverting WZ comms to planet ones.

Okay that explains it. This character i'm leveling again, I got to 50 back at launch, when Valor rank didn't level up with you. But I only have like 3 more ranks to go, which isn't too many Warzones.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Red Crown posted:

Sith Inquisitors at least look like evil Sith Lords.

This my character i'm leveling up right now. Their PvP gear is really great looking. I like the WZ set better then the ranked one, but both look very cool.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Are there any plans to add more Warzones to SWTOR?

Also that is a crappy change to Alderaan WZ, I hope Bioware reconsiders that.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

I don't know about warzones but 2.3 has 2 new lvl 55 FP. "Class neutral" according to the notes. First 4 to queue up get in.

That is a very interesting take on Flash Points. I assume they'll be very easy to do then.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I am legacy level 10, I can't even imagine getting 40.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

WarLocke posted:

I went from level 4 to 10 creating a Sith Warrior and getting to 50.

Then I started my Jedi Consular and am about 75% through legacy 14 at level 45.

I have no idea how it scales, but it looks like you need 8-10 capped characters or something like that for legacy level 40. :drat:

e: I'm assuming the ewok is 'voiced' (in ewok-ese I'm sure) but is there any story content dealing with it? Does it/will it have conversations/a storyline? Hell, now that I think of it, does HK have convos or anything else?

I'm really not an alt person, i'm having a hard enough time just leveling my 2nd character, the motivation just isn't there and I still have my main to get to level 55. I wish we could just buy companions in the cash shop. There's not enough cool stuff in the cash shop as is.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

77,100 exp just for a defeat in a warzone. :getin:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Did you remember to set your skill tree? That has been reset since you last played most likely.

Look at this for builds; http://www.noxxic.com/swtor

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

My imperial agent is level 15 and I feel like I screwed something up. Aren't you suppose to get your advance class at level 10? I'm at the point now where the story has taken me to a choice of two planets. Balmorra, and Nar Shadda. I remember getting my advance class way before then. :v:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Rascyc posted:

Go to the fleet and find your advanced class trainer. And yeah you must have missed the advanced class trainer standing next to the entrance to Imperial Entrance when you were doing Dromund Kass quests.

Yep I missed it completely. I totally forgot how this worked. Thanks, I found him. :)

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Okay you just convinced me to make a new alt where I do this.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

deathsuxdontdie posted:

I have no idea how that's even possible. I'm playing as a Sage right now and I can't picture not having my extra DPS. I don't know how I'd even survive long enough to quest and level up after the first act.

I would just level up in Warzones only where performance really doesn't matter. You're just doing it entirely to troll people.

I'm going to be away from SWTOR for a couple weeks and it makes me sad. :( At least I got my Sith Inq to 55 and got my normal Warzone PvP gear set which is all I care about for that character. Now I want to get my Commando to 55, who is just 37 right now.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Other then crafting, what are some of the other money sinks in this game if you are a subscriber? it doesn't really seem like there are any other then buying your skills which can get expensive. I don't really spend my credits on anything else, but I do wish Warzones gave more.

[edit]
I guess legacies are the other big money sink but mostly optional.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I do wish the planets were smaller. I know this is going to sound strange but SWTOR actually needed less content on each planet. They were too big with a lot of pointless side quests. You're suppose to be a hero, instead you are just a errand boy/girl for most of your leveling. This is a problem with MMORPGs in general though not just SWTOR.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How did everyone else feel about the expansion pack planet? I gave up on it almost right away because of the mob density. It felt like I couldn't go 5 feet without having to attack something.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

"Oh no, this combat-oriented game where I've spent all this time gearing my character up to fight dudes because that's what 90% of the game is all about requires me to fight more dudes. Guess I'd better quit!"

You don't have to fight every mob spawn, not even close. Run around them, speeder past them.

Go play through the content i'm actually talking about. Nothing else in the game was this annoying.

Kaysette posted:

Fighting trash in Makeb the first time sucks. Remember Cartel Mining Mesa? And I don't know about you, but I sure as hell didn't gear up my character to fight generic strong mobs for "collect 20 jawa dildos" quests.

I do wanna collect jawa dildos though.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

I have five characters at level 55. Pretty sure I already know a bit about Makeb.

You just have stupid standards and opinions then. The planet sucks, I shouldnt have to run around everything. Properly paced content doesn't require that.

Think about what you said for a minute "run around them" obviously i'm right about how dumb the content there is if that is your suggestion.

I said come in! fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jul 2, 2013

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

A Long Way Down posted:

I just got 500 cartel coins in thanks for my sub, unrelated to the 500 I get from the sub itself. Anyone else get a random thank you coin gift or should I send a muffin basket to Bioware?

I got this too today. Was pretty nice to see since I am going to be away from SWTOR for like 3 weeks so i'm wasting money on a sub im not using.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Other then EXP consumables, what else on the cash shop is worth buying for myself? If I want to actually get stuff that i'm going to use on my own characters.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

The tooltip for medals doesn't imply that it gives you XP. Getting one medal is a requirement to get XP period but it doesn't add any sort of bonus to how much you get. I've lost matches where I ended up getting way more exp then I did winning, with less medals too, so the whole thing is confusing to me.

I try to just roll with it and not think about it too much. The whole reward system for warzones is weird.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Psyker posted:

They need to run with this double XP thing. Make it a legacy unlockable with a steep requirement, or, of course, purchasable for like 1500CC as a global unlock.

Eh, I don't like this idea because it's getting way too much into Pay to Win territory. The cash shop is already over that line as is. Just do a straight up exp increase is what the game badly needs. Leveling is too slow for a game that encourages making alts.

• Locked thread