Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Hahaha, they made cat people cartel purchase only? Good move. They'll rake in the money.

Dye packs being craftable by Artificers is nice though. Might be able to finally have an item that sells...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

;-* (Not me)

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I didn't realize that the collection thing still requires you to buy the item with cartel coins for your alts... Granted it's a lesser amount - from 90-300 depending on the item but, considering it creates a bound copy and that cartel items are worth $5 to vendors, that seems a bit nickel-and-dimey :/

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Ok, not as bad as I thought then. Still makes sense to try and collect a given item on an alt that'd use it though.

Edit: if only that alt will make use of it.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I was in a 55 warzone (my first as a fresh 55 BH Merc) and someone whispered me that I should respec to DPS. I'm currently specced in heals and, I thought, was doing ok. Came in 1st for heals on my team and 2nd overall. Might have been good old-fashioned trolling on this guy's part but it got me thinking: are Merc BH inefficient PvP healers compared to Ops/Smuggs and Sages/Inqs?

I do notice that when a really good Ops/smugg healer is on they have crazy numbers and don't ever seem to run out of steam and heat management is a bit tricky for me if I'm sole healer. I've leveled almost exclusively from PvE and was doing ok healing but PvP healing is a bit more hectic. Any tips from other mercs?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Rascyc posted:

Halp. I hit level 11 but I still can't create a legacy and never got a prompt, and the button at the top is grayed out.

You get a legacy name after finishing chapter 1 of your class quest. Around level 30 or so.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I've just completed the Foundy with me an another DPS Ops as the DPS duo. That was the fastest I've seen mobs drop ever. I'm guessing 2 snipers/gunslingers would be even better...

Then I came back to the fleet and saw this:

:smith:

I'm not even on an RP server.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

ThingsIWishWouldHappenButNeverWill.txt

- Powertechs should use rifles, not guns. Leave mercs with 2 blasters. I'd even (sacrilege, I know) trade rocket punch for stock strike to get that.

- Similarly, Ops should have a blaster. Space-James Bond should use a space-gun.

- Give players all the NPC customization options that are in game. I want Doc's sweet Doc Holliday 'stache on my gunslinger. Also: old face textures. I know it doesn't fit some stories but, frankly, neither does being a Sith Pureblood Jedi and no one making a reference to it. My ability to play space-Barbie should trump Bioware's "story"

- Have the Jedi Guardian hold his lightsaber in a more forward stance rather than like a baseball bat.

- Add new player races. I want a Sullustan gunslinger and a Wookiee BH. I know it won't happen because of ~*romanceable companions*~ but Princess Leia was willing to kiss a Wookiee, Mako should too :colbert:

- Add new classes. Like Imperial Trooper. Story ends with becoming head of the Imperial Guard or something. For Republic, I don't know, Diplomat/spy, I guess?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Fathis Munk posted:

Also the reason that there are no races differing too much from human is more of an animation and gear modelling issue.

Yes, yes, but animation issues shmissues. Get on it Bioware!

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

So no one else has completely unrealistic things they would change?

Unrelated: I finally hit 10 mil credits on my main today just from crafting sales since launch. Now I understand why people play the GTN instead. Much faster.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

JiiHoo posted:

As possibly one of those idiots, I would we willing to learn to be better than this.
My way of selling them is search for them, check the prices and undercut somewhat, because I don't know the right price. I'd rather be playing the game than going back to checking the galactic market every few hours to possibly infer the right price.

You don't really need to undercut. The way the GTN works it lists by order of listing, out of alphabetical order. So if the lowest listing is from Darth Aardvark at 10k, you can list for the same price as Major Zabrak and still show first. I found that most pubbies buy the first item listed anyway.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

If two items are showing at the same price I will always buy the second one because I feel bad for the person that will likely never sell their item :unsmith:

:doom: You're ruining my GTN baron career!

(I do that too).

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Gasoline posted:

:getin:
Now to spend it all on vehicles and toys.

:smuggo:
Will also likely blow it all on useless cosmetic stuff.

WarLocke posted:

Holy gently caress dude, how did you manage that?

In my case it was by being poor a long time while leveling synthweaving and, since then, selling crafted items. Took forever (since launch). I looked every week on the GTN for what sold well and made a few of those and moved on to a new item the next week when everyone jumped on that item's bandwagon. For a while, before the cartel market, it was orange belts, then augments. Recently it was level 55 orange pieces.

If crafting is not your thing I have an alt who "only" has 2 mil through selling gifts from Diplomacy and mats from scav and bio. The low to mid level mats (lvl 20-35 or so) sells the best in my experience.

Another way I've made a quick buck was by using my monthly cartel points as a subscriber to buy a pack here and there and sell the contents. Got 1.5 mil in one shot for a tythonian lighsaber in one instance. But a) you need cartel points and b) a bit of luck with item rolls.

Edit: Crafting really isn't a get rich quick method. Professions are either viable mostly for yourself (i.e. Biochem) or for vaguely cosmetic reasons (i.e. armormech, synthweaving). Then you got the suckers that went Armstech and basically live off selling barrels for little money (at least on my server). It doesn't help that all the cool looking modifiable gear is through the cartel market. Why buy a dinky looking orange gun when you can get a cool cartel piece of the GTN for 6k? It would help if after, say, 3 months or so the cartel packs and the items they contain were retired and then the schematics for those items became available for the respective professions. That way Bioware still makes money from impatient people and crafters get the after market crowd.

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 15:46 on Jun 16, 2013

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

What weird /stupid things have you done in SWTOR?

I have:

- Leveled a Juggernaut to 55 without grouping or PvP-ing once. I still have zero social points and have just now started to PvP (Valor rank 11! Woo! :v: )

- Deleted not one but two Smugglers in their 30's to start over. Once to change from GS to Scoundrel and once to change back to GS from Scoundrel (I may have issues)

- Made, deleted and remade probably 10 characters in the level 10-15 range. This was prior to having 12 character slots. Now my alt-itis is content.

- Listed items on the GTN that consistently go for 25k+ for 25 credits. I figure what's the point of being space-rich if you can't make a few people's day? Now I'm scrooging my credits though.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

WarLocke posted:

40 War Zone Comms = 1 Planetary Comm

Also once you're Valor 40 (pr maybe 60?) you cn do 40 WZ comms -> 1 Ranked WZ comm.

It's valor level 40 for ranked comms. If you have your eye on ranked warzone equipment, it's a good idea to start then to get ranked comms.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Once paid transfers are in, is it the general consensus to transfer mainly to Jedi Covenant since that's where a majority of the Goons are? I wouldn't mind some leveling buddies for my baby Commando if I transferred there.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

Are the double XP weekends continuing through June/July? I want to get my Guardian and Operative 55, but just felt no motivation to play this weekend.

Yes, the next two weekends are double XP as well.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Could anyone please invite me (Baresh - 20 PT) to TNG on JC? Just transferred over.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Strom Thurmond posted:

Wow, that was really easy. We'll see if my character comes out the other side of the transfer ok, but I'm genuinely surprised they didn't gently caress this up.

Yeah, I transferred a character and even though it said it would take about an hour, it took all of 5 minutes. I did have to pick a new name though :/

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Red Crown posted:

I've done my first couple of Operations this week. I have to say, I'm surprised and impressed that they were able to convincingly capture an epic feeling in a lot of these fights. I buy that an 8 man team would go in in a boss fight against a dread master and his 20 pawns, or something. And then that immersion vanishes when I look at the group I'm with and see at least 2 people in Slave girl outfits and some of the Jedi in techy looking Gree armor. I really, really wish they hadn't introduced the naked gear for people to wear...even if it is a top seller.

It's like the No. 1 rule of F2P to make money: "sexy" outfits, furries and vanity pets. But, yeah, I agree. I try to keep whatever class I'm playing looking like it should and I appreciate when the pug I'm with does too :shobon:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

SWTOR 2.3 Test Server Patch Notes posted:

PvP

Warzones

Alderaan
Capturing the side turrets (Objective Control Points) no longer spawns speeders that take your team to that turret.

That seems a weird change. Didn't they remove them early after launch and brought them back due to making it really hard to EDIT: defend recapture lost side turrets?

Hulk Smash! fucked around with this message at 18:58 on Jun 28, 2013

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

I don't know about warzones but 2.3 has 2 new lvl 55 FP. "Class neutral" according to the notes. First 4 to queue up get in.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

:haw:

(not me)

Re: Ewok companion. I have the money and required legacy level but no way am I getting close to that thing (I am the grognard)

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Vildiil posted:

As someone who only does PvP I'm excited for this change. As it stands Civil War is the worst map by a large margin and hopefully this will make it less terrible.

How will this change help civil war? I don't PvP a whole lot (or not in a serious fashion anyway) so I'm curious as to your reasoning.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Ramadu posted:

If I make a new character on another server, do I get to keep all the legacy levels and unlocked poo poo that I have? Like I had 3 dudes at 50 and legacy level 14 or 15 over the course of a few years on pot5 and I make a dude on bastion, do I get to keep all that stuff?

Not unless you transfer a character with the legacy from pot5 to bastion for 1500 fun bucks, no.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Warzone XP is based on length of match right? What's stopping the groups in, say, Alderaan, to cap no turrets and idle in the zone for a day or so? Wouldn't you gain a boatload of XP at the end or would it kick you off at one point?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Ajax posted:

Getting 16 morons to agree to standing around doing nothing is pretty difficult. I also think its based on medals awarded to an extent.

e- morons referring to pubbies

Well, yes, the whole thing would be like herding cats. I'm curious if it would work though.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

KittyEmpress posted:

I would honestly end up murdering at least two companions from every character, were it an option.

Quinn, Skadge and SCORPIO would all have been shot out the airlock if that was available. Especially Skadge. Wouldn't even have made it to my ship.

I'd keep Lord Scourge though. It's fun to go: *LS option* / "Lost -1500 affection with Lord Scourge"

EDIT:

Gasoline posted:

There's only one companion worth hating: Skadge. No, I don't want the implied rapist on my crew, what the gently caress
:hfive:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Nipponophile posted:

Look, dude, I just don't think you understand how the free market works. If you make 40 of a thing, you have to try to sell them all at once. If they haven't completely sold out by the time you're halfway done listing, it's obviously time for drastic price cuts. It's basic economics.

That works really well when you're the buyer though. I just nabbed a Jedi Battlelord robe for 300k when the rest were priced at 950k-1.5mil, the going rate in forever on the server. I've flipped a couple of belts from that set when someone lists them at 6k (the default listing) and sold them for 150k each.

I find server economics interesting. On Shadowlands Mira's belt sells for at least 400k while on JC you can get one easily for 30k. Funny since I was surprised at just how much more expensive in general things were on JC vs Shadowlands.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Just dumped a group after the first boss on Hammer Station. I queued up as tank. The sentinel proceeded to jump into every group without letting the rest of us catch up and the healer did everything but heal anyone and needed every drop. I called them on it but no response. After dying twice to the mining droid, I just left. Never left a group before. I always tried to somehow push through it. It's quite liberating :)

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

WarLocke posted:

Corso used to have a hook-pull until it was changed to a jetpack punch, right? I think Forex still has a pull like that (instead of a charge move).

Yeah, Corso had that hook at first. They changed it since it sucked for gunslingers to have him bring the enemies to your face rather than keep them at range. Also smugglers were complaining that agents/snipers had it easier with Kaliyo since she had the jump move.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Aphrodite posted:

The Primordial ones rotate, I think.

It does and it looks and sounds great. Lucky roll with cartel pack or $$$ on GTN.

EDIT: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tgVjUWbOTY (not me)

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Medullah posted:

I really love the collection system. I decided to blow 1.2 million credits on the Pocket Sarlacc, which wouldn't be worth it for 1 character, but 250 cartel coins to unlock it for everyone, and it becomes worth it.

Add that to having unlimited +41 power/endurance crystals to easily kit out companions, and it's super nice.

What does it do? Is it just a prop or a regen thing like the kolto tank or carbon chamber?

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

BigDes posted:

thinking about it I can't remember any other kids in the game apart from her and her brother

There's another one in an early quest on Ord Mantell where you have to get medical supplies.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

wtftastic posted:

Honestly I really really want the the Hand's robe as an adaptive armor. I've also been trying to track down the adaptive armor that looks like the Imperial Guard's armor but I can never recall the set name. I found a few pieces on the GTN but it doesn't seem super common. Any pointers?

I'm not sure about the cartel armor but the Venerable Ardent Blade set is a crafted level 42 medium armor and looks Imperial Guard-ish - the base version comes in red. You can also get the legacy armor in black at level 20 with the same look.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Queue endless chat in general about inside/outside smells.

SWTOR posted:

Includes all-new role-neutral Story Mode at Level 55, where Group Finder will match the first four players of any role for fast queue times!

While it's a nice idea I can't help but wonder if that will mean even less people leveling as tank or heals.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Hulk Smash! posted:

While it's a nice idea I can't help but wonder if that will mean even less people leveling as tank or heals.

I take it back. First time to use this thing and it matched me with 3 other tanks :haw:

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

Nah, only for the new Czerka FP's. Level 55 and matches the 1st 5 to queue up. I did it with my DPS after - took 30 secs to get a pop. Although this is day 1 so I expect it to go down. The FP I did (CZ-198 I think) was piss easy in story mode.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

ThreeSixXero posted:

I figure that it's easy because it's role neutral (which means that you could, theoretically, not have heals or a tank).

Yeah. In the one I did they have these cickable one use stations that heal the whole group, so you could do without a healer. The boss fights are a matter of figuring out the (really simple) mehanics and don't need a dedicated tank. Although with 4 tanks we just bounced the aggro around with taunts and barely took any damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

DJDace posted:

Other than the items you can purchase from the reputation vendors are there any other rewards for doing the Bounty Hunter event? I mean, do the Bosses drop high end gear or anything like that?

Nope. Some titles, rep gear and that's it. You do get like 3 basic comms for the Kingpin bounties if you're 55 but that's it.

• Locked thread